Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Boost in cash shop is the whine, they aren't buying them from the cash shop to create bots to farm stuff.
    They are literally the alts from people who got the Dark Portal Pass and will be gone once they analyse the software. It does happen.


    It won't be profitable because linked accounts also get banned, they follow he money trail so to speak, and the average bot using player isn't as smart as they think they are in that regard.
    The sky isn't falling, it is just player fear and scapegoating as usual. Is the Cash Shop good? Nah, it is shit. But to draw utter hyperbole and such from it is asinine to say the least. Mainly, because there isn't even one in the game.
    Why on earth would you assume that they're just alts? You don't think it's more likely that they're all brand new accounts freshly boosted up? Seems pretty stupid to risk your account with an alt, no?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    First off, a lot of those boosting sites are involved in RMT.
    For example, Gallywix got nuked because they were heavily involved in RMT.

    Basically, they get the gold via boosting, sell it then off to some goldsellers (or sell it themselves) and then live off the profit.
    Or they use the "legal" boosting services to hook players and then offer them straight RMT boosts, friend of mine once joined a discord as a potential buyer and they directly told him "If you don't have gold, we also take real money".
    They then simply use the gold to pay their boosters.

    Those boosting sites aren't that organized just to play WoW for free or buy stuff off the BMAH.

    Second, those 3rd party websites are generally cheaper than the WoW Token.
    It's been a while since i last checked the prices, but if you want to buy a sum of around 5M, you'd save like 100-200€ by using a 3rd party website over the WoW Token (if you actually could by such a huge sum with the WoW Token without any additional account shenanigans).

    Matter of fact, some sites don't even take your order unless you buy an amount of 500k and upwards.

    Botting is still very alive on Retail, so it certainly hasn't solved the issue.
    You can't even buy 5m gold from WoW in one go.

    I think there's a limit of buying 10 or 20 tokens per week.

  3. #83
    Bloodsail Admiral MORGATH99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SOMEWHERE ONLY SHE KNOWS
    Posts
    1,249
    must be mad season over there .

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Why on earth would you assume that they're just alts? You don't think it's more likely that they're all brand new accounts freshly boosted up? Seems pretty stupid to risk your account with an alt, no?
    And spend 35e? For a toon that might be cancelled/banned at a moments notice? And any money sent can be tracked and traced, it is incredibly simple to do so, and to follow chats etc. Most players aren't as smart as they like to think they are.
    So who is spending that?

    There will be a small amount doing so, yes, but not to the extent people are claiming is happening. The majority atm are the Dark Portal boosts, it will die down once ban waves hit.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You completely didn't read what I added.

    Those aren't bot companies, just players, and will be hit with the ban wave and lose everything within a few months. They got them for free from the pass, they aren't paid for through cash shop which is the whine everyone is having, and the actual point of the argument (and people like you assuming Bot companies and such purchase them specifically for it)

    Must be hard to cope being so demonstrably wrong, eh?
    Except you've demonstrated nothing.

    You've responded to me saying "there demonstrably are high numbers of boosted characters used for botting (which is a fact)" by saying "b-b-but those aren't the bad types of bots!!! (conjecture)" while also already backpedaling on your initial claim that this has "zero effect on gameplay" by saying "oh it's just a few players who'll surely be banned soon™ (conjecture)" and "there's nothing to buy anyway (which is blatantly false as some of the crafted BoE gear is extremely powerful in TBC)".

    This is comical.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    And spend 35e?

    Who is spending that? And any money sent can be tracked and traced, it is incredibly simple to do so, and to follow chats etc. Most players aren't as smart as they like to think they are.

    There will be a small amount doing so, yes, but not to the extent people are claiming is happening.
    Yes, they will spend the money on the boost; It's exactly what's happening. It's much more profitable to buy a boost and bot than it is to level a character all the way to level 60, risk getting banned along the way and then bot.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Data mined wow token for classic
    Mount

    Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    not targeting you but i fell this is a sheep mentality, X youtuber or streamer whine then bam their views base start with this shit as well

    Paid character boost-1 time character boost, this literally does nothing for the game, its just an excuse for people to whine

    Paid move to classic era-A lot of player base ask for this, i literally don't see a problem in this except 'omfg omfg activist is earning money i must whine'

    Data mined wow token for classic-This is the worst, not even official or implemented but people start to whine

    Mount-I'm playing this game for over 15 years, not even ONCE mounts affect my game play or i know someone that got affected by shop mounts, i have over 400 mounts and i always use the same mount since wotlk

    Activision blizzard became a piece of shit company but over the years the wow community became as bad as they are

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I actually do agree with him that the game is defacto p2w as it is so easy to buy gold and spend it right away on boosts, which are allowed. Blizzard is officially encouraging this.

    This is for me also the main reason why I dislike the modern expansion. Otherwise I actually have nothing else to say against Shadowlands, except that I hate it that mw monks are so bad. The xpac besides that is great, but yeah the p2w is too big to be ignored.
    If buying things/services from other players is P2W then all MMOs are P2W.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yes, they will spend the money on the boost; It's exactly what's happening. It's much more profitable to buy a boost and bot than it is to level a character all the way to level 60, risk getting banned along the way and then bot.
    No, it isn't.

    You are literally just drawing a conclusion based on hyperbole and reactionism. Buit honestly, as I told the other guy, am not gonna get involved with someone who just wants to argue. Have a nice evening.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    No, it isn't.

    You are literally just drawing a conclusion based on hyperbole and reactionism. Buit honestly, as I told the other guy, am not gonna get involved with someone who just wants to argue. Have a nice evening.
    It's a forum, is it odd that we're 'arguing'? Discussing? You're drawing a conclusion off nothing but your own assumptions, how can you look at what others are saying and discredit it based of what you know? You're in denial.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-07-26 at 05:23 PM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Except you've demonstrated nothing.

    You've responded to me saying "there demonstrably are high numbers of boosted characters used for botting (which is a fact)" by saying "b-b-but those aren't the bad types of bots!!! (conjecture)" while also already backpedaling on your initial claim that this has "zero effect on gameplay" by saying "oh it's just a few players who'll surely be banned soon™ (conjecture)" and "there's nothing to buy anyway (which is blatantly false as some of the crafted BoE gear is extremely powerful in TBC)".

    This is comical.
    Honestly mate, the only comical thing is yourself, and your mental gymnastics. It does have zero effect on gameplay, because it doesn;t affect you in how the game plays whatsoever, you are just making hyperbolic statements based (as usual) on the nonsense you read on the interwebz.

    The decent crafted gear is not BoE, it is BoP. A lot of it is easily replaced quite fast past stage 1.

    Dude, youa re doing the classic monglord argument and going semantics, and missing the actual structure of the argument and reason itself, which is that you are missing the whole fucking reason for the boost to exist.

    You;re honestly not worth my time, you're not smart, you're not some hidden crusader for the consumer, you're just a spiteful person looking to argue on the internet to feel good about yourself, and honestly, people like you are the reason this site is a shitheap.

    You're just a whiner, nothing more, nothing less.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yes, they will spend the money on the boost; It's exactly what's happening. It's much more profitable to buy a boost and bot than it is to level a character all the way to level 60, risk getting banned along the way and then bot.
    Wait until this guy finds out that goldsellers had to buy (or steal) retail accounts for their bots. Truly shocking. It's almost as if this is a profitable enough to easily offset the small initial cost of buying accounts for your bots.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It's a forum, is it odd that we're 'arguing'? Discussing? You're drawing a conclusion off nothing but your own assumptions, how can you look at others are saying and discredit it based of what you know?
    I am "basing my conclusion" on years of how Bot companies operate, it is quite well documented, and if you were ever involved in any decent business, it is quite similar. You just simply don't make risky purchases like that, which can backfire massively in the way they are. As I said as well, I am not getting involved in the usual semantic bullshit arguments where people try to pick holes in individual things, rather than the spirit. It's tiring.

    Have a nice evening

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly mate, the only comical thing is yourself, and your mental gymnastics. It does have zero effect on gameplay, because it doesn;t affect you in how the game plays whatsoever, you are just making hyperbolic statements based (as usual) on the nonsense you read on the interwebz.

    The decent crafted gear is not BoE, it is BoP. A lot of it is easily replaced quite fast past stage 1.

    Dude, youa re doing the classic monglord argument and going semantics, and missing the actual structure of the argument and reason itself, which is that you are missing the whole fucking reason for the boost to exist.

    You;re honestly not worth my time, you're not smart, you're not some hidden crusader for the consumer, you're just a spiteful person looking to argue on the internet to feel good about yourself, and honestly, people like you are the reason this site is a shitheap.

    You're just a whiner, nothing more, nothing less.
    Wrong again. Spellstrike set is BoE and BiS for many caster specs in phase 1 of TBC.

    The desperate insults also don't really help in making you any less wrong, friend.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wait until this guy finds out that goldsellers had to buy (or steal) retail accounts for their bots. Truly shocking. It's almost as if this is a profitable enough to easily offset the small initial cost of buying accounts for your bots.
    Mate, you literally know nothing.

    How do they buy the boost? I explained why they won't, but as you have proven, you ignore it, to feel smug. You are cancerous, nothing more, nothing less.

  16. #96
    good

    MMOs are not games anymore, they are offices, an outlet for people that are missing some significant element of satisfaction in their real life, so they scratch their "i'm a successful person" itch that they are too complacent to realize in the MMO world

    this is why MMOs are min max hyper efficient hellscapes now filled with paid boosting adverts and gold selling

    now, call up your mother, call up your father on your break at that mcdonalds you work at and inform them of how efficiently efficient you are and how your gear is min maxed to the extreme and that they should be proud of your unhealthy fixation on nostalgia and how you perpetually live in the past and refuse to move forward

    you guys excited for classic wrath and the LFD that comes with it? what happens after that? classic cata? classic cata portals to the classic disjointed zones? classic heart of the aspects store mount? classic pandas with classic warforging and classic dailies? or how about classic wod? you want some classic unfinished zones and classic dropped storylines? or how about classic ashran where you will be fighting 5 classic opponents because the total server population will be about 15 classic players

    how about you classic deez nuts

    WoW is dead, move on

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wrong again. Spellstrike set is BoE and BiS for many caster specs in phase 1 of TBC.

    The desperate insults also don't really help in making you any less wrong, friend.
    1 item set. Wow. And phase 1? It is literally what I said, it gets replaced very fast. Jesus.

    And they aren't desperate, just tired. You are as I said finding semantics to prove your point, and ignoring the spirit. Nothing more, nothing less. Am done.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The leveling zones were dead in the original BC. I know, because I leveled a few toons in the original BC. I would occasionally see another player, but it was not constant. Not until I hit Outland, which just so happens to exactly coincide with what we see now.

    I suspect most of the players in TBC Classic played Classic Era. The people who only played one toon already have that toon leveled to 60, so they won't be in the leveling zones. The players who like playing lots of alts, already have multiple 60's, so once again, they won't be playing in the 1-58 leveling zones. It's almost like they already "boosted" themselves.

    Cash shop has got to be the worst reason to leave WoW. For the most part, it's completely cosmetic, and it's 100% voluntary, and the parts that aren't cosmetic, boosts and buying gold, were already in WoW since the beginning. The only difference is that it was a lot more dangerous and left you more susceptible to account hacking and it encouraged more bots than we already see.
    Everybody commenting hasn't watched the video obviously. He shows the hundreds of level 58 boosted mage and rogue bots that are spam farming gold in TBC.
    It IS one per account, but botters have always used multiple accounts.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Madseason quitting Wow over cash shop
    And now? I don't really care if a youtuber quits, I pay and play this game because I like it, stop being sheeps guys and do what YOU like.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Mate, you literally know nothing.

    How do they buy the boost? I explained why they won't, but as you have proven, you ignore it, to feel smug. You are cancerous, nothing more, nothing less.
    I mean, regardless of your opinion that they "won't buy the boost" there are videos showing the numerous bots that have been boosted to 58. There are rogues farming something in one of the Naga dungeons all 58 with nothing more than the boosted gear on. Tons of mages as well. So botters are obviously paying for the boost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •