Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Madseason quitting Wow over cash shop

He makes a lot of good points, greedy current Blizzard ruined the classic vibe completely with their paid services and general lack of care for their own game. Thanks Blizz.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Okay? His whole entire channel is based around wow. That's how he makes income I highly doubt he quits over a cash shop.

Which cash shop?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Okay? His whole entire channel is based around wow. That's how he makes income I highly doubt he quits over a cash shop.
    Yep. Usually YouTubers post stuff like this just to drum up views, never following through.

Watch video before commenting...
    Yes. He does quit due that. It is one of the main reasons.

Nothing worse than threads created for the purpose of sharing a youtuber rant.

Looking at his numbers on youtube and patreon i doubt it's his primary source of income. but yeah, bold move if he doesn't have a regular job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Yep. Usually YouTubers post stuff like this just to drum up views, never following through.
    ironically the video description says "i have 1 more wow video coming out, but after that im out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the age old, "I think I'm so great because I invested an ungodly amount of time into getting something that someone else is now getting easily" whine.

You know, you can just totally insulate yourself from these people if you have sufficient social skills to make friends, but streamers like this don't make friends, they make hangers-on, orbiters, bloodsuckers. So I can see why this is challenging for people like him.

Oh well, quit. The game is less toxic without people like him.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sad. I liked him, but it seems that the blizz blaming got the better of him lately.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Which cash shop?
    Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Data mined wow token for classic
    Mount

Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.

Well, I hope he'll find a new game to spend his time on.

It doesn't affect me since I don't know who he is and I'm having a blast in Shadowlands. It might not top Legion but I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters to me

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Mount

Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    wait hes only quitting classic wow, not wow in general?

I actually do agree with him that the game is defacto p2w as it is so easy to buy gold and spend it right away on boosts, which are allowed. Blizzard is officially encouraging this.

This is for me also the main reason why I dislike the modern expansion. Otherwise I actually have nothing else to say against Shadowlands, except that I hate it that mw monks are so bad. The xpac besides that is great, but yeah the p2w is too big to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    wait hes only quitting classic wow, not wow in general?
    He had already quit retail before classic. But I don't really care about his quitting, the video just sums up the effects of Blizzard greed and broken promises in TBC classic really well.
    Last edited by Farora; 2021-07-26 at 03:06 PM.

Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Mount
    Character boost is one per account.
    There is no paid move to classic era.
    Data mined? So not even in the game (nor confirmed to be released), but enough reason to quit over? Pathetic.
    Mount? Did he also quit vanilla WoW after TBC got a collectors edition? Or the TCG mounts?

Well, of course. Everyone that's playing TBC right now already leveled in Classic, why should they level now? Wait a few months and people will want new alts. And max level bots? It's not like that was a problem in classic, now, was it? Oh wait, yes it was. RMT had no impact on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I actually do agree with him that the game is defacto p2w as it is so easy to buy gold and spend it right away on boosts, which are allowed. Blizzard is officially encouraging this.
    If you want to use this logic literally every game ever made is pay to win because you can always, at any time, pay someone else to play literally any game for you.

This is why we define pay to win as something more strict. Because the definition you're using makes it lose all meaning.

TL;DR -
    He quit during BFA, but Classic brought him back. He's quitting Classic now because the Classic servers themselves are completely dead and TBC is filled with boosted bots and no one is in the actual world playing the game. He adds that Blizz completely ignoring the issue and essentially encouraging it with the upcoming WoW Token release into Classic sets an unhealthy precedent for the game. A precedent which Blizz themselves firmly said they wouldn't create thus bold faced lying to the players. Lastly he says he isn't opposed to playing but the product itself (retail) is no where near good enough to justify putting up with the monetization practices and lack of QC and administration over the players (bots, boosting, all for RM). I doubt he would go back to TBC as he seems unhappy with the cash shop entering and devaluing the community.

Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Mount

So in other words, a couple one time purchases that helped boost the actual current content player base, an inconsequential mount and a token that doesn’t even exist.

“Dead leveling content” might be the funniest part of this entire thing, non existent token included. Of course leveling is empty right now, everyone is on their main actually playing current content. Imagine thinking anything else would be better.

This is entirely fucking idiotic.

I always liked his videos and his humbleness where he doesn't do stuff like acting out of character, taking freebies from players who hand him over gold and mats, and like he said in the video not wanting to turn his channel for drama to get views. His videos are very insightful and has helped out a lot of players who wanted to start Classic fresh.

These services damage the game a lot and Blizzard is never going to do anything about it. Having players boost each other to max level is at least done by the community which I don't fault Blizzard for, but they should have never encouraged this Dark Portal pass which is against what the older versions of WoW were about, earning your way to max level and buying your mount with gold. TBCC now feels more like a private server rather than original TBC.

The leveling zones were dead in the original BC. I know, because I leveled a few toons in the original BC. I would occasionally see another player, but it was not constant. Not until I hit Outland, which just so happens to exactly coincide with what we see now.

I suspect most of the players in TBC Classic played Classic Era. The people who only played one toon already have that toon leveled to 60, so they won't be in the leveling zones. The players who like playing lots of alts, already have multiple 60's, so once again, they won't be playing in the 1-58 leveling zones. It's almost like they already "boosted" themselves.

Cash shop has got to be the worst reason to leave WoW. For the most part, it's completely cosmetic, and it's 100% voluntary, and the parts that aren't cosmetic, boosts and buying gold, were already in WoW since the beginning. The only difference is that it was a lot more dangerous and left you more susceptible to account hacking and it encouraged more bots than we already see.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis