Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Getting really tired of this "Tier 5 content was in at launch!" BS...

And then neglecting to mention that it took the best progressive guilds in the game months to clear the content. It obviously wasn't intended to be cleared by most players easily and on day 1 (and wouldn't have been able to now either). Most guilds are still filling out gear slots from Kara. We were in Kara week 1 and still need plenty of gear for our core 25. And everyone knows that the tryhards just want to power through content ASAP and then sit here and bitch about having nothing to do for a year.

If you want all TBC content out in the first 12 months, by all means encourage 2.5 month phases. If you actually want to enjoy the game and don't have 12 hours/day to play, maybe pace yourselves. I promise you that, if you're already fully decked in t4/BiS, are sitting on honor cap, have all season 1 pieces, maxed professions, etc. that you are in the very small minority of players.

Sorry but you are the minority this time
    server are dying
    hard to join a H grp as dps
    and 3 25 man boss raid only is a freaking joke. 30 min of 25 man raiding per week is Unhealthy for the game
    Karazhan is not a raid its a 10 man normal donjon loot piniata

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezwalker View Post
    server are dying
    and 3 25 man boss raid only is a freaking joke. 30 min of 25 man raiding per week is Unhealthy for the game
    bro you think clASSic is dead, try retail on Alliance side

On Topic: I think they did TBC well imo, but I understand that they want everything to be the exact same way it was back in the day - its just not possible. We'd have to go back in time with shit computers and realllly bad internet to mimic the real days haha

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    And then neglecting to mention that it took the best progressive guilds in the game months to clear the content. It obviously wasn't intended to be cleared by most players easily and on day 1 (and wouldn't have been able to now either). Most guilds are still filling out gear slots from Kara. We were in Kara week 1 and still need plenty of gear for our core 25. And everyone knows that the tryhards just want to power through content ASAP and then sit here and bitch about having nothing to do for a year.

If you want all TBC content out in the first 12 months, by all means encourage 2.5 month phases. If you actually want to enjoy the game and don't have 12 hours/day to play, maybe pace yourselves. I promise you that, if you're already fully decked in t4/BiS, are sitting on honor cap, have all season 1 pieces, maxed professions, etc. that you are in the very small minority of players.
    I expect they launched TBC with this slow pace so they could collect data and make decisions on if relaunching it with a faster pace later makes more sense. Since they've already suggested that with Classic, I wouldn't be surprised to see TBCC but faster in about 2 years.

I think that they are releasing content wisely so players do not feel in a huge rush

Tbh first 3 weeks I played a lot so I got quickly to revered with every faction and got a lot of pre bises

I play in a casual / semi hardcore guild and we've cleared kara like 6 times, gruul 3 times and mag 3 times so we are at the moment in a spot where we confortably clear the bosses and get gear to face t5

Honestly, releasing t5 at launch would have been a massive rush

server are dying
    Both incorrect.
    What's that got to do with T5 raids?
    I'll give you that one.
    And that one.

I will say that perhaps T4 isn't structured the best, but T5 should by no means be released at launch.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-07-26 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need full T4 to clear t5.

People took months because Vashj and Kael were intentionally overturned so people couldn't finish their BT progression. Also we were worse players back then.

If T5 dropped next week it'd be cleared within 24 hours.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

People took months because Vashj and Kael were intentionally overturned so people couldn't finish their BT progression. Also we were worse players back then.

Yup and by a good number guilds. We aren't talking and Echo / Limit club here.

It's fine as it is. It's midsummer after all and most of the countries lifted restrictions. People are going on vacations and just hanging out before all of that comes back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buff all content in game. Make them work for every kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad T5 wasn't in by default. Some guildies haven't even hit 70 before july, seriously

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Assuming it was people who'd done it before sure. I don't accept that 25 people who've only played recent retail would be good enough to clear it without having prior knowledge. Some of the encounters in T5 were tricky even when you had done them. (Al'ar's adds control, Leotheras's demons on healers etc)

Learning still takes time to go through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post

I'm way better geared now than I was when I did T5 in the original TBC and in the original TBC doing T5 was my first proper raiding experience, I think I killed Gruul/Maggy once before doing T5 and had blues equipped when I killed Vashj. My classic character has 5-7 upgrades available ranging from very minor to pretty large (DST/Prince Ring) and I'm doing enough dps to likely clear T6 content, certainly overgeared for T5.

Don't compare to 2007 january guilds who were playing a different version of the game with weaker classes and badly itemised gear (which was later fixed), guilds also without access to the level of information we have today, not to mention fast and reliable computer hardware. T5 was launch content, bumming around in T4 for 3 months waiting to get "BIS" is ridiculous, in the original TBC I never looted a DST and walked into Sunwell with Hourglass still equipped.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-07-29 at 03:57 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm way better geared now than I was when I did T5 in the original TBC and in the original TBC doing T5 was my first proper raiding experience, I think I killed Gruul once before doing T5 and had blues equipped when I killed Vashj. My character 5-7 upgrades available ranging from very minor to pretty large (DST/Prince Ring) and I'm doing enough dps to likely clear T6 content, certainly overgeared for T5.

Don't compare to 2007 january guilds who were playing a different version of the game with weaker classes and badly itemised gear (which was later fixed), guilds also without access to the level of information we have today, not to mention fast and reliable computer hardware. T5 was launch content, bumming around in T4 for 3 months waiting to get "BIS" is ridiculous, in the original TBC I never looted a DST and walked into Sunwell with Hourglass still equipped.
    My second or third guild raid with my guild in 25 content saw me get DST as everyone else was in negative DKP. The rage brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You think Alliance is dead on retail? Move off Area52. I did, and now I see Alliance all over the place. Not to say there's not an imbalance overall, but it's far from "dead" if you're not playing on select servers.

I'm way better geared now than I was when I did T5 in the original TBC and in the original TBC doing T5 was my first proper raiding experience, I think I killed Gruul/Maggy once before doing T5 and had blues equipped when I killed Vashj. My classic character has 5-7 upgrades available ranging from very minor to pretty large (DST/Prince Ring) and I'm doing enough dps to likely clear T6 content, certainly overgeared for T5.

Yes but this is also the reason why they're doing it this way as well.
    They know T5 will be cleared quickly, and they probably regret pushing the content in the original TBC so quickly. They made a mistake by making T4 garbage, so they put T4 and T5 in together at the same time originally. They don't want players to destroy T5 content in the first month of the game and then have nothing to do I guess. It does suck, but it's a product of their bad design coming back to haunt them. T4 should have been better.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

On Topic: I think they did TBC well imo, but I understand that they want everything to be the exact same way it was back in the day - its just not possible. We'd have to go back in time with shit computers and realllly bad internet to mimic the real days haha
    Try retail on any side, it's completely dead, lol.

I just got to max level last week, I love TBCC. But I despise leveling and its slow AF like it was back then, I have cleared kara once and killed 4 bosses last week I just got my first epic Tuesday in Kara, I am not revered with most factions yet. I am having an absolute blast we will be doing our first Gruuls on the 5th and will steadily gear and I expect a Mag kill sometime in September then we will continue to prepare and IM guessing we will see T5 sometime in Sept-Oct so will be right on track IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes but this is also the reason why they're doing it this way as well.
    They know T5 will be cleared quickly, and they probably regret pushing the content in the original TBC so quickly. They made a mistake by making T4 garbage, so they put T4 and T5 in together at the same time originally. They don't want players to destroy T5 content in the first month of the game and then have nothing to do I guess. It does suck, but it's a product of their bad design coming back to haunt them. T4 should have been better.
    T4 would have been fine if it was just blocking the path for a month, most players other than the hardcore would not even have attunement done by then. But delaying it for 3 months is just too long because T4 is really just no content, while T5 is massive. Last I checked over a month ago 5000 guilds had killed Magtheridon, even if there are a lot of straglers the bulk of the playerbase who is going to raid has already got everything on easy farm, and many of them on alts too.

I don't understand the mentality also that people want people to wait for them to catchup because they were late/slow and only now starting raiding, it's not as if the T4 raids are going away and with very valuable items from Gruul/Maggy it will continue to be farmed until WOTLK.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    walked into Sunwell with Hourglass still equipped.
    Ill be doing that too because in 8 kills we haven't seen a single one :^)