Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,775
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Now imagine 16 years from now - will the people that play FFXIV now, still love it and praise it like they do now?
    Right now you have FFXIV cultists who loved the 5.0 MSQ and are shouting at the top of their lungs how great FFXIV is and ignoring the glaring flaws outside of it, and then you have an influx of newcomers who are in their honeymoon period. People will look fondly on the baseline MSQs but they will realize FFXIV had increasingly little outside of that.

    Also - if FFXIV will be the number one big MMORPG for the next decade - can we expect the same kind of good community its praised for now or will that change when the masses flock to it? Remember, we gotta look at this in the long perspective.
    The FFXIV community is arguably worse than WoW, but that's been discussed before (the original post isn't showing up in the searchbar or on Google). I think people who actually had to deal with the FFXIV community (rather than just playing by themselves and not really getting exposed to the muck) will look back more fondly on WoW's community.

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It will be interesting to see if certain streamers are still going hardcore with FFXIV in a year or two. Still clocking 8+ hours a day, everyday without getting frustrated about anything at all.
    Yeah. It will take Asmongold a few months before he finishes all of the content in the game. He'll probably stick around for a few more months levelling up other jobs, farming old raids for mounts and glamour, doing relics, trying to get a house, but eventually he's going to realize that there just isn't that much to do and that hosting fashion contests and doing PvP frontline over and over is boring. Not sure what will happen then as it's unlikely a new WoW expansion will come out within the next 12 months, so will he jump to ESO or GW2 to try them out? Or will he just spend less time playing MMOs?

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It will be interesting to see if certain streamers are still going hardcore with FFXIV in a year or two. Still clocking 8+ hours a day, everyday without getting frustrated about anything at all.
    Successfull streamers will do what ever it takes to grow. If its game hopping, they will change games.

    The skillfull game streamers do not attract that many people to watch them.

    FFXIV right now is filler content since WoW CLASSIC as filler content for WoW streamers did not work out that well.

    I am just surprised that amazons/twitch's NEW WORLD doesnt got more WoW streamer attention, I am sure there is good money to be made with playing a few weeks the next best WoW killer game, till the hype dies.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  3. #483
    I genuinely love that max (limit) and sloot are playing the game. Not only from a business perspective, but also from a gameplay perspective. Max is gonna boost. Sloot is gonna grind. But however they both get there its an amazing moment for mmo's. The ff14 community is getting a shot in its butt. And in turn, they get so many more opportunities to flex. Ive explained this terribly. But endwalker (and 6.1) is going to be a trip.

  4. #484
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I get the point. The thing that really bugs me in wow isnt the game. Its the forums. I really cant shake this annoyance that the report button is used as a downvote button. Hear me out. It bugs me because no one is being punished for it. Logically it suggests that the wow cm's have all these reports every day and dont do anything about it. If this is the state of the forums, why would you even bother reporting anything in game? And this means the game isnt looked after. There's no standard of (enforceable) basic behaviour in game that is moderated. No one cares. It blows my mind that asmongold gets the shit he does when the game has stripped its CMs/GMs of any actual role in game and on the forums.

    So when you talk about ten years in the future, i feel like its disingenuous. Wow has always (i watch kevin jordan streams and understand he literally designed the game in mind with players sometimes being assholes) allowed for a degree of toxicity in its playerbase. But its now out of control. FF14 on the other hand has had a zero tolerance approach to in game harassment. The issue here is that ff14 has a maintained standard it will always reinforce. Wow has a sliding scale ever pushed back by 'grey area' arguments. FF14 has CMs policing and reinforcing their standards. Whilst wow doesnt. Cms (and GMs) used to be epic. I remember having one of them in my guild (who only outed himself in whisper way back in vanilla while we were farming dinos in un'goro). They used to do shit. Now they get reports about rape/death threats when people really only disagree with a thread on the forums (and this legitimately annoys me because if someone ACTUALLY feels harassed, its submerged by a thousand pointless reports because players 'dont like this thread'). They dont have the staff to differentiate. And they dont have the staff to enforce consistency. This tells me so much about the value they place on the game and their community. (they dont care). I dont know what to do with this information but complain about it (and the obvious lack of CM/GMs in game).

    So yeah, come to ff14. Trollolol away. But this game doesnt screw around. They have standards and they will maintain their standards. Wow doesnt. This is the reality right now.
    I'd say that FFXIV's moderation is worse than WoW's. In WoW you can say whatever you want and you won't be penalized for it. Maybe people will yell at you, but you're playing a social game. Develop a thick skin. And in the rare chance you do get banned, it's usually only for a few days. FFXIV is worse in that if you say something innocuous and someone claims that they were offended, you could get teleported to GM jail and possibly get a warning on your account that never goes away, and three strikes and your permabanned. Hence why many of us never use the ingame chat in FFXIV to talk to anyone because it's just not worth the risk.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    1 - I think you underestimate how vastly more popular wow has been compared to FFXIV the last decade. Yes people have played FFXIV for 8 years, but millions havent done so steadily since the beginning. It hasnt been the number one main-stream game, getting the number one attention for WHATEVER they do. I've seen streamers play FFXIV for short periods of time each year, but not day in day out everyday. Now FFXIV got everyones attention, lets see how it will be in a years(or two) time when streamers and the masses have digested the whole game over and over and over again.

    This is nothing against FFXIV, its a good game for what it is. Its not for me though, I tried. But I respect that alot of people like it and I understand why they do so. Im just pointing out that FFXIV havent gotten the same attention like wow has, but now they do. It will be interesting to see how people talk about this game later on.
    This. The FFXIV fandoms and the WoW fandoms are largely two different demographics with different tastes. WoW fans are older and are more into MMOs and hardcore aesthetics and don't care about the story that much. The FFXIV fandom is younger and has a lot of crossover with the new anime fandom that has sprung up in the West over the past 10 years, and they are super into story. Some disgruntled WoW players are checking out FFXIV but for most they are simply aren't interested and aren't looking for a replacement MMO, but simply dropping out of the genre entirely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    2 - Maybe people didnt quit in SL cause wow is an old game, but you gotta understand Blizzard is in a though spot trying to reinvent the wheel in wow. Imagine for a second if Blizzard suddenly dumped all attention in storytelling next xpac(like FFXIV) while having less raid bosses(Like FFXIV). Would people be happy about that? most certainly not.
    Also true. I'd be happy if Blizzard made a high quality story based expansion, but I'm the odd one out and most WoW players do not value that highly.

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd say that FFXIV's moderation is worse than WoW's. In WoW you can say whatever you want and you won't be penalized for it. Maybe people will yell at you, but you're playing a social game. Develop a thick skin. And in the rare chance you do get banned, it's usually only for a few days. FFXIV is worse in that if you say something innocuous and someone claims that they were offended, you could get teleported to GM jail and possibly get a warning on your account that never goes away, and three strikes and your permabanned. Hence why many of us never use the ingame chat in FFXIV to talk to anyone because it's just not worth the risk.
    Dont be sad! This is a thing that people ignore: The toxicity hit wow in mid vanilla. I remember having to call people out way back then for assuming that anyone in WC was an alt and not a new player. I see the current game as a logical extension of this line of thinking. There are no 'new' players in wow. There are only trolls trying to scupper your experience. As it was, thus has it ever been.

    But my point is that theres no GM moderation (or CM if we're talking forums). I dont hate the wow community. I get them. But theres no (enforceable) standard of... etiquette. Neither in game nor on the forums (the literal first stop for new players). And this change occurred around wod (redundancies notwithstanding).

    ETA: I have a super thick skin because of wow. Thanks. But cant you just... i dunno, set a standard (and reach it) for your official forums?

    Eta2: i think theres this misnomer that players are on their best behaviour in ff14 because they fear the ban. And i want to address this: in wow i was patient and kind because i loved the game and wanted other people new to the game, to love it too. In ff14, i love the game and want new players to love the game as well. I havent changed. Sure, the ban stick isnt on my radar, but im not being fake-nice. I just really like the game. That theres a filter (through in game moderation) literally doesnt affect me.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-08-08 at 11:25 AM.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I would imagine alot of the people that shit on wow on a daily basis(like certain streamers), also have spendt the last 16 years playing wow. So many people got thousands of hours, thousands of days even in that game. Playing day in day out, grinding in each xpac & patch and doing more or less "the same thing" in the same universe for 16 years. Yes new zones and all, but the formula & artstyle/classes++ is "the same".

    Now imagine 16 years from now - will the people that play FFXIV now, still love it and praise it like they do now?

    I get that people are negative to the direction wow has taken, but we cant forget that we are soon looking at two decades with the same MMORPG for alot of players. Its going to cause fatigue, frustration and boredom.

    Also - if FFXIV will be the number one big MMORPG for the next decade - can we expect the same kind of good community its praised for now or will that change when the masses flock to it? Remember, we gotta look at this in the long perspective.

    Personally i've always had a healthy approach to wow. If I find myself bored and not wanting to play, I just unsub and come back at a later stage. Meanwhile I play other games(also other MMORPGs). I think far to many people have sticked to playing wow even though they were more than bored of it long ago, its not healthy. Alot more people should have taken longer breaks.

    It will be interesting to see if certain streamers are still going hardcore with FFXIV in a year or two. Still clocking 8+ hours a day, everyday without getting frustrated about anything at all.

    lastly - funnily enough I enjoy my time in retail wow right now. I experience alot less toxicity in m+ runs & raids, its all more relaxed and friendly approaching. Its like the toxic people left the game and good people are left. For the first time since m+ was introduced, I have pushed high m+ keys because i've met so many friendly and helpful players. Thats just my observation though.
    This. More and more it shows that lots of people that left, lived for one game only for 15+ years. I also play like you said. When I get bored, I go and play something else. But lots of "nerds" just don't want this. Its like nothing else exists outside of wow...

    Also, regarding toxicity. I experienced the same thing...

    I still have my critiques over wow, especially in SL... especially millions of systems, ignorance towards PVP... But as before, when I get fed up I just unsub.

  7. #487
    In WoW you can say whatever you want and you won't be penalized for it.
    Imagine saying this and thinking it's a good thing.

    And people wonder why the Warcraft community has a reputation as a toxic shithole.

    FFXIV is worse in that if you say something innocuous and someone claims that they were offended, you could get teleported to GM jail and possibly get a warning on your account that never goes away, and three strikes and your permabanned.
    A flat out lie. If you're being a dickhead saying bigoted shit, you get punished. You can be an edgyboi all you want as long as you don't verge into actual bigotry.

    I know for people like Val apparently that means 'censorship' but the idea that people aren't speaking in chat because of this is so laughably, ridiculously, fucking absurdly false on its face that I have to wonder what the hell they're actually wanting to say in chat but can't if this is their takeaway.

    The level of absolute dishonesty and flatout lies Val has been spouting about this game has been astronomically off the charts. It comes off like they just want to be an unrepentant asshole to people and are upset that they cannot be in FF14. Perhaps WoW is best for them if that's the case.

    ETA: I have a super thick skin because of wow. Thanks. But cant you just... i dunno, set a standard (and reach it) for your official forums?
    It's exceptionally easy to not be an asshole lol

    Sure, the ban stick isnt on my radar, but im not being fake-nice.
    Nor is really anyone else. People like Val act like players are on the edge looking around every corner hoping they don't offend a GM or else they'll be banned. That isn't happening for anybody who isn't already looking to unleash bigoted shit in chat and have to actively control themselves from not doing so.

    I've had several fairly contentious conversations with people as WoW players have entered the community in terms of people insisting on, for example, pulling 4-5 packs of mobs with a new healer. Not once have I been infracted or otherwise punished for it. Why? Because I'm not dropping slurs and insulting people.

    It's not hard to do so lol

    The FFXIV community is arguably worse than WoW, but that's been discussed before (the original post isn't showing up in the searchbar or on Google). I think people who actually had to deal with the FFXIV community (rather than just playing by themselves and not really getting exposed to the muck) will look back more fondly on WoW's community.
    Absolute copium confirmation bias.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-08-08 at 11:37 AM.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I've had several fairly contentious conversations with people as WoW players have entered the community in terms of people insisting on, for example, pulling 4-5 packs of mobs with a new healer. Not once have I been infracted or otherwise punished for it. Why? Because
    Because they haven't reported you for violating SE policies, you've abused them not knowing the rules. Policies are very clear about it
    "Offensive expression" means an expression in general that inflicts emotional distress by being offensive to another person. Offensive expression may include:
    Expressions that compel a playing style
    Offensive expressions are prohibited in all places where expressions can be made in Final Fantasy XIV, including chat (including Quick Chat and Emote), markers, comments and names. Use of an offensive expression in the form of a character name is also regarded as nuisance behaviour.
    I hope you'll repent for your insidious toxicity. Though something tells me you enjoy belittling others and violating SE's rules, for example
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    The level of absolute dishonesty and flatout lies Val has been spouting about this game has been astronomically off the charts. It comes off like they just want to be an unrepentant asshole to people and are upset that they cannot be in FF14. Perhaps WoW is best for them if that's the case.
    Offensive expression may include:
    Expressions that attempt to unilaterally exclude someone from the game or content/community, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

    To be fair, I could stack every possible upgrade/materia in SkS and my GCD goes from 2.5 to 2.25. It's a difference, technically even a noticeable one, but it comes at a huge cost to actual output and doesn't even make the gameplay better, in some cases makes it worse for my job (PLD) because it forces you into overwriting your DoTs before their final tick. That said, having just passive SkS puts you at like 2.3x-2.4x so from 2.25 to that isn't even a noticeable upgrade there.
    I main a Dragoon.

    I have absolutely zero added +skillspeed materias on my gear.

    I ALWAYS have a button to push, that isn't on cooldown, and even i can't keep up with it sometimes because boss fights can be so fast paced and action packed, especially in Savage modes where you better have your rotation both memorized and your situational awareness on point or you are dead.

    I think people who think that the game has slow combat haven't leveled up high enough that their class/job plays like it's supposed to play.

    Take Machinist for example:

    SUPER boring slow gameplay.............until you get to level 50+..and then it's a hectic, fun, fast and strong DPS rotation.

    If a button you want to push on GCB? push something else then.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I ALWAYS have a button to push, that isn't on cooldown
    Every class in the game is GCD locked, what's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    If a button you want to push on GCB? push something else then.
    Let's do some basic math. Basic GCD is 2.5s, that means 24 (60/2.5) casts per minute just from your GCD abilities. If your ping is good enough, you can weave 2 oGCDs between every GCD, which means three button presses per GCD, so 72 (24*3) casts per minute at the minimum. Highest CPM class in the game has 48 with permanent SkS buff, so with 2.13s GCD before other SkS sources. You know what that means? Your argument is false.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2021-08-08 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Every class in the game is GCD locked, what's your point?
    ............*stares blankly, thinking of skills off the GCD that are supposed to be used between abilities that are on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Let's do some basic math. Basic GCD is 2.5s, that means 24 (60/2.5) casts per minute just from your GCD abilities. If your ping is good enough, you can weave 2 oGCDs between every GCD, which means three button presses per GCD, so 72 (24*3) casts per minute at the minimum. Highest CPM class in the game has 48 with permanent SkS buff, so with 2.13s GCD before other SkS sources. You know what that means? Your argument is false.
    See above.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

  12. #492
    What's good about FFXIV? It's fun?

    It's been a very long time since I forgot what time it was and saw the sky getting brighter while playing a game. The only game which still does that for me is EU4.

    I've played the first iteration of the game, played the new release for a while but lost interest. But now, playing with friends, the game is kinda growing on me. No goal of being top tier, server first attempts etc. Just blatant good fun. I do think that is the charm of the game currently, at least for me it is.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ............*stares blankly, thinking of skills off the GCD that are supposed to be used between abilities that are on it*
    Again, your exact quoute is
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I ALWAYS have a button to push, that isn't on cooldown
    If it's about cooldown in general, most GCD buttons are never on cooldown. If you mean you always have a button to press between GCDs, it's easily disprovable bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The thing I don't get here is that the premise isn't true.

    Looking at logs for both Eden's Promise Savage and Sanctum Mythic, Eden fight durations seem to range from 8 to 11 minutes, while Sanctum fights range from about 6 to 15 minutes.

    Eden has the edge on average fight length by a little bit, Sanctum's average is a little lower with Sylvanas being much longer than any in either game. So the idea that WoW fights are just these zippy little zergs while XIV fights are these long affairs doesn't hold up.

    And yes, someone will say, "But Ultimates!" as they always do. Top kills for TEA seem to range around the 16 minute mark, which is perfectly comparable to the fight length of Sylvanas - and less than the length of other end bosses when they were current.
    To say nothing of the fact that IIRC Blizzard is intentionally trying to not have 20 minutes fights like Heroic Rag anymore. Even Sylvanas is long for an endboss, and IMO it's a slog. I'd much rather fight Gul'dan, Argus or Jaina for 11-12 minutes than Sylvanas for 15, and a 20 minute fight that gets hard towards the end only sounds awful to me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    On the other hand, some of it isn't personal, it's also community driven. You see this a LOT in midcore groups, where if it's on a BiS list somewhere people expect you to have it no matter what, and if you don't you're "being carried" or something. Even if it's literally a 0.17% different in DPS over a great piece you did get. Because a lot of the time it's not even about the numbers, it's about the weird perspective they have on the game.
    Granted I play above the average midcore level, but a great example is I came and helped out a buddies guild in Heroic. Some of their raiders had higher ilvl than me and poked fun that a mythic raider was worse, but there I was, consistently crushing their raiders fight after fight and on the log. They stopped saying stuff after the first 3 bosses.

    If I was a midcore raider, I fail to see how this experience would differ? Your output speaks for itself and you don't need bis to put out damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Endwalker was up 180+% of preorders over Shadowbringers before 9.1 came out and all the WoW players jumped onto the bandwagon.
    Do you have a source for this? I hadn't seen a % value, but very possible I wasn't paying attention and missed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I main a Dragoon.

    I have absolutely zero added +skillspeed materias on my gear.

    I ALWAYS have a button to push, that isn't on cooldown, and even i can't keep up with it sometimes because boss fights can be so fast paced and action packed, especially in Savage modes where you better have your rotation both memorized and your situational awareness on point or you are dead.

    I think people who think that the game has slow combat haven't leveled up high enough that their class/job plays like it's supposed to play.

    Take Machinist for example:

    SUPER boring slow gameplay.............until you get to level 50+..and then it's a hectic, fun, fast and strong DPS rotation.

    If a button you want to push on GCB? push something else then.
    Not all jobs are DRG though. A lot of jobs (especially non GNB tanks, like my main) have a severe lack of oGCDs to press. Most jobs don't ALWAYS have 2 oGCDs to press EVERY single GCD. In fact, I'm fairly confident that not a SINGLE one does, but I'm open to being proven wrong.

    I'd have absolutely no issue with the GCD if I consistently had 1 oGCD or even 2 to press EVERY single GCD.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I hadn't seen a % value, but very possible I wasn't paying attention and missed it.
    Took about 3 seconds to find


    The 65th Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE lasted a marathon 14 hours. During the show’s introduction, the team divulged pre-orders for the upcoming Endwalker expansion are up 160-180% when compared to the Shadowbringer expansion.

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I disagree entirely that going around and meeting all the major characters in the story, many of which are very much still relevant to this day, was pointless.
    It's the way they did it. There is so much filler in ARR. I keep bringing up the 'wine & cheese' arc because it's the best example. Okay, maybe I do meet those NPCs again in the future, and maybe they do reference all the BS they put me through, but that doesn't make it a fun or engaging arc. It's also ultimately pointless. All those tests to make sure you're worthy don't have any value other than callbacks in the future to a point in the story a lot of people didn't enjoy.

    I recently finished 2.4 and, as I said in another post, the amount of time I spent on finding out who was attacking supply shipments and why... it was thoroughly uninteresting. That whole patch could've been condensed considerably without losing any important plot points. The worst part is a lot of the mundane stuff tends to have the most text associated with it. I've never seen so many words used to say so little.

    There's so many things ARR sets up that pays off in future expansions because they feel like established locations in the world instead of random new things asspulled the patch that its relevant. Like the Infinity Stones---errr, the Sigils, in 9.1. If that was FF14, you'd know about those dumbass sigils from like Legion, at least.
    This is definitely true though. I read an interview with the writer of ShB about how they wanted to stay true to 2.0 lore and I thought, words you would never hear from a WoW dev. In fact, Ion at one point said they didn't want their hands tied by lore. Obviously.

    It's an exhausting list and all of these things are eventually relevant to the plot. I'm not even through all the stuff they introduce in ARR. It's called world building for a reason. It's especially good when essentially all of it is brought up later on through locations, or characters from locations, or plotpoints at those locations, or references to plot advancing at those locations, throughout the entire game. They ease you into the ideas and then keep expanding them or adding more.
    It could've been pruned a lot and presented better. One of the 5.X MSQs, in one patch, told me everything I ever needed to know about primals, tempering, beast tribes, and conflicts with the major city-states. I'd even go as far as to say more than what I learned or understood in ARR. Had that been the actual lead up to Titan it would've made a significant difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    2 - Maybe people didnt quit in SL cause wow is an old game, but you gotta understand Blizzard is in a though spot trying to reinvent the wheel in wow. Imagine for a second if Blizzard suddenly dumped all attention in storytelling next xpac(like FFXIV) while having less raid bosses(Like FFXIV). Would people be happy about that? most certainly not.

    would people be happy if Blizzard just stripped retail wow of progression paths at max level except gearing? I doubt so, cause they can never create a massive world like EK/K again and force players to spend ALOT of time leveling(Something people hate it wow).
    Blizzard isn't trying to reinvent anything. They're stubbornly sticking with systems players have been complaining about since Legion and every expansion since seems to be worse than the last in that regard. I skipped BfA and came back for SL because it was supposed to be the alternating good expansion.

    Gods help us if they have the current writing team focus any more on storytelling. Also, raiders are grossly overestimated, most players don't raid and couldn't care less if a raid tier was lost. WoW doesn't offer much in terms of alternate progression. I suppose raiding, M+, or PvP may seem like a lot to some, but not so much to the casual player let alone soloer. Getting rid of badge gear is one of the worst decisions Blizzard ever made.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Granted I play above the average midcore level, but a great example is I came and helped out a buddies guild in Heroic. Some of their raiders had higher ilvl than me and poked fun that a mythic raider was worse, but there I was, consistently crushing their raiders fight after fight and on the log. They stopped saying stuff after the first 3 bosses.

    If I was a midcore raider, I fail to see how this experience would differ? Your output speaks for itself and you don't need bis to put out damage.
    Well, like I said, it's not always about the actual outcome to these people. Even if you're blowing all the other DPS out of the water you'll hear, "Sure, you were top DPS but if you were putting the effort into gear you'd be doing even more. If you're not putting the effort in, you're still just leeching off other peoples work."

  19. #499
    And this was before Asmongold and all the WoW content creators bailing on the game. Granted the mass exodus started way back in January but this last month really put the whole thing into overdrive.

  20. #500

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •