Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I dont even see it as a step down. Its a profound and fundamental change to Eorzia's dynamic that we are ensuring moves forward. (massive pre-Endwalker spoilers) We have made aether crystals and primals as they were before irrelevant. Applying new lessons from ShB to the defining core issues of Eorzia which have plagued it since 1.0. When we speak to the pirate factions (something we did before where we got a very brosque response), we see they have naturally moved on with the times and are happier for it, except for one group. We also resolve old wounds between the beast tribes and other Eorzians that even the miracle cure does not magically resolve.

The entire thing is us making Alphinauds broken dream from ARR a reality, but doing it the right way on a scale he never realized could be achievable, using the lessons we learnt since then, especially during ShB. That is ENORMOUS.
    I just meant the specific quest where you're literally just dealing with the Limsa pirate politics. I agree with the rest, WHY we did it and how big it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endwalker speculation below

Ya know, I wonder if Endwalker is going to result in us having to use the cure for tempering on ourselves to free ourselves from Hydaelyn. I think the implications of not only Zodiark but Hydaelyn as well disappearing from the world and the result of there no longer being a Warrior of Light could be very interesting. It'd also kinda give us a clean slate to work with for the next story arc.

Because of other priorities only now started doing Eureka Anemos, so I guess it's a long way to go untill I finish another 3. But I'm looking forward to that juc hydatos glamour.

i will say one thing i cant stand is the cutscenes with no voice acting lol. Seeing the mouths move and only getting subtitles was really fucking with me.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Castrum Meridianum/Praetorium as a sprout tank is confusing still because sprout, but the party is more likely in the mood to wait for you instead for a dps.
    but usually community is chill and waits for you nonetheless; i was tank first and dps on next char and both times able to experience most bosses.

the mood killer are those overlong cinematics, not the party behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Endwalker speculation below

Ya know, I wonder if Endwalker is going to result in us having to use the cure for tempering on ourselves to free ourselves from Hydaelyn. I think the implications of not only Zodiark but Hydaelyn as well disappearing from the world and the result of there no longer being a Warrior of Light could be very interesting. It'd also kinda give us a clean slate to work with for the next story arc.
    Given that we now know there are varying levels of tempering where a person can maintain a large amount of free will just short of defying their primal, I would not be surprised. Fact of the matter is, the WoL is never shown to even question whether or not acting on behalf of Hydaelyn is the right thing to do. Even after all of ShB, it's Y'shtola and Krile who are like maybe we should look into this.

I also think it's sinister given that Azem was opposed to summoning Hydaelyn. At this point, I feel like the WoL has been manipulated and Emet rightly calls it out during the Hades fight by saying the WoL is using the power that destroyed their civilization. I can't imagine if the WoL had their memories restored as Azem that they would be pleased about the situation.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Decently fun game + an upcoming expansion. Long time WoW CCs also finally throwing in the towel on that game and giving XIV a try.

It also benefitted greatly from the shitting of the bed at Blizzard around the time OP posted this thread, heh.

Advice I was given as a sprout on skipping beast tribes entirely, is utterly incorrect. I found that beast tribe reward emotes are truly amazing. I'm definitely getting them all.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Advice I was given as a sprout on skipping beast tribes entirely, is utterly incorrect. I found that beast tribe reward emotes are truly amazing. I'm definitely getting them all.

Now I need to go do those >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Now I need to go do those >_<

Enjoy Devilyaki

By the way, kudos to Zepla the video production is outstanding, along with the glamours presented.

https://youtu.be/S9NVOcJAkx0?t=2013
    You should definitely skip the ARR beast tribes, their rewards aren't worth it and chances are you will get most of them accidently should you discover PotD while spamming main scenario for leveling alts during the Moogle Treasurehunt event (Edit: I remembered that one wrong, I bought the mounts there last time). From HW onward the beast tribes are decent XP (for their leveling ranges) and have some cool stuff.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-17 at 08:48 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Us: "We want Necromancer as a class in WoW."
    Blizz: "No! You got Death Knights and did we not just release a new Demon Hunter class like three expansions ago? Stop asking us for things, we're too busy harassing women to work on that kind of crap"

Us: "We want Necromancer as a job in FF14"
    SE: "Okay! But we'll just rename it Reaper and make it look cool. Also, here's another healer job, now with 40% more guns"

This is what so good about FFXIV!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's...pretty dumb, honestly.
    Reaper doesn't really scream necromancer to me.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, FF14 is just living in the hype train. It is fresh and is not bad, but it is merely a shadow of WoW, even at its current shit state.

However, that is not very fair to say, FF is a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's...pretty dumb, honestly.
    What's even more dumb is that Blizz thinks censoring their game will fix all that problems they're facing in rl. Yeah, changing paintings and cutting out dirty jokes will defiantly fix what's going on in the company and bring back all those cancelled subs.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Honestly, FF14 is just living in the hype train. It is fresh and is not bad, but it is merely a shadow of WoW, even at its current shit state.

However, that is not very fair to say, FF is a different game.
    Fresh?? The game is 8 years old man

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Us: "We want Necromancer as a class in WoW."
    Blizz: "No! You got Death Knights and did we not just release a new Demon Hunter class like three expansions ago? Stop asking us for things, we're too busy harassing women to work on that kind of crap"

Us: "We want Necromancer as a job in FF14"
    SE: "Okay! But we'll just rename it Reaper and make it look cool. Also, here's another healer job, now with 40% more guns"

This is what so good about FFXIV!
    Reaper is not a necromancer that some people wanted. Funny but its more of a DK.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Reaper is not a necromancer that some people wanted. Funny but its more of a DK.
    Thought dark knight was more DK..

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy Devilyaki

By the way, kudos to Zepla the video production is outstanding, along with the glamours presented.
    Haven’t started yet, hooked on soloing old stuff and doing the other fun stuff I have missed . One day tho ty

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol how is reaper anything close to resembling a necromancer? It has a shade thing, that's about it. I get that you're trying to be funny making up scenarios in your head, but they can't be any further from the truth.

While summoners are pretty firm in the FF universe, I can't even recall a game where something even resembling a necromancer was even present in the mythos of FF. It would be an odd addition TBH, and would feel pretty out of place.

DRK and DK aside from sharing a similar aesthetic with some themes of magic are still pretty different as well.

What makes the game good though is that most of the story beats are good, and just like WoW, they have pretty stellar raids/trials. It would be foolish to compare FF raids to WoW raids though because to be perfectly honest, both games do raids really well, albeit approach it slightly differently. It's truly an apples to oranges comparison, at least in my opinion.

I think the best thing FF14 does aside from it's story is that everything is neatly packed onto a single character, which is something WoW desperately needs to pick up on at some point. Getting gear for multiple roles is fine, but repeating certain story elements, reputations, or expansion systems on every role you want to play just makes me less likely to try something else at this point. Pretty sure for example that any of the expansion features, reputations or questlines were just linked to your main character that people would just...try more classes as opposed to seeing a giant mountain they have to climb before they start having fun with their character.

Gear progression is fun IMO while everything else is generally really enjoyable, albeit only the first time. FF14 and a few other MMOs nail this aspect really well.

Necromancer and reaper are nothing alike. In fact the whole pet class thing is pretty much not very feasible in FFXIV today, as they even toned down Summoner to the point that next expansion their pets will be even more passive. I don't mind through, the whole idea of a super versatile pet class is just a balancing nightmare.

A little summoner anecdote: Yesterday I saw a titan egi in Delubrum Reginae and everyone was utterly confused because the egi kept wetting itself and it's yellow puddle looked like an AoE marker. The concept of a tank-pet is so dead that the sight was practically new to most people.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-19 at 02:03 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.