Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I can't even recall a game where something even resembling a necromancer was even present in the mythos of FF.
    Tactics Ogre had a necromancer job (and it's improved version, Lich) which functioned as expected. Necros & Liches were also great at farming gear and money because when you recruited an undead minion, you could interact with its inventory and thus remove anything it had equipped, using it for your own guys or vendoring it for money. It was possible to acquire powerful gear this way long before it was sold in stores.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Summoners in FFX were sorta necromancers, as in lore they interacted with the spirits of the dead. They performed the Sending ritual (in FFX, when people die they hang around as spirits, still bound to the mortal realm. If they aren't sent to the afterlife soon enough, they will turn into monsters). Also the actual summons that a summoner uses (called Aeons) is the spirit of someone who sacrificed themself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    A little summoner anecdote: Yesterday I saw a titan egi in Delubrum Reginae and everyone was utterly confused because the egi kept wetting itself and it's yellow puddle looked like an AoE marker. The concept of a tank-pet is so dead that the sight was practically new to most people.
    People still move out of ninja AoEs too (the swirling beige sandy one).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

People still move out of ninja AoEs too (the swirling beige sandy one).
    That one looks quite different though and usually I'm more concerned to have a ninja in the group and not seeing it in dungeons..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Castrum Meridianum/Praetorium as a sprout tank is confusing still because sprout, but the party is more likely in the mood to wait for you instead for a dps.
    but usually community is chill and waits for you nonetheless; i was tank first and dps on next char and both times able to experience most bosses.

the mood killer are those overlong cinematics, not the party behaviour
    I agree on all accounts. The MSQ roulettes are kind of killer, atleast praetorium has gaius memes.

I never got much into tanking in wow cause its so high pressure. But in FF I can just wander around learning and perhaps someone will give me some guidance as to where i'm supposed to leading the party.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Us: "We want Necromancer as a class in WoW."
    Blizz: "No! You got Death Knights and did we not just release a new Demon Hunter class like three expansions ago? Stop asking us for things, we're too busy harassing women to work on that kind of crap"

Us: "We want Necromancer as a job in FF14"
    SE: "Okay! But we'll just rename it Reaper and make it look cool. Also, here's another healer job, now with 40% more guns"

This is what so good about FFXIV!
    Reaper and Sages are awesome but I wouldn't call the Reaper a Necromancer. Not really in any way beyond Necromancers also summon servants.

Yeah reaper's more like answering the call for a necromancer class with a new DK dps spec.

FF14 respects women so much they haven't even turned them into fruit.

Also, the story is extremely good.

A lot of game and endgame options to choose from. I mean A LOT.

Consider not listening to "another wow streamer trying out ff14 and why it sucks", opinions. Doesn't matter, I suggest people exploring the game by themselves without quitting at level 12 becuase wow hysteria still running in your veins.

Relax and enjoy

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    FF14 respects women so much they haven't even turned them into fruit.

Also, the story is extremely good.
    solved the Brick Mountain event; that cutscene is definitel Not Safe For Blizzard.