Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I care a great deal. I stopped eating meat years ago, I don't drive a car, I buy clothes maybe once every 10 years. All I'm saying is, be consistent.
    To me it seems you pick the things you feel you can be indignant about. Not because it's justified, but because it's convenient. That's being a hypocrite.
    You buy clothes? I find that completely unacceptable. How dare someone who purchases clothes sit on their high horse looking down on others. I am a level 4 vegan, which means i dont eat anything that casts a shadow, and you think just "not eating meat" is enough? Complete hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  2. #382
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I care a great deal. I stopped eating meat years ago, I don't drive a car, I buy clothes maybe once every 10 years. All I'm saying is, be consistent.
    To me it seems you pick the things you feel you can be indignant about. Not because it's justified, but because it's convenient. That's being a hypocrite.
    Sorry, but all the things you've mentioned don't change world injustice, not even a little bit. And you are perfectly aware of that, aren't you? So much for not being a hypocrite. The solution to the problems of the world isn't about "living like an Amish", as someone said earlier, but actively trying to improve other people's lives, e.g. harassed women at Blizzard. I can't do a great deal for people being brutally exploited in sweatshops in Bangla Desh or some other random third world country, unfortunately. And no, you don't buying those clothes doesn't change their crappy situation in the slightest, so it's perhaps time to do something different.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Uhm, no. You know nothing about me. I cannot improve the welfare of those people that got abused, how am I responsible for there being asshole in the company that can't respect other people. They need to face the fact that the value of the product will not be on par for the foreseeable future and not guilt trip paying customers into not cancelling their subs when we have another mid expansion 8 month content drought.
    Nothing about that is guilt tripping.

    Literally all that was pointed out was "if you're taking hearing there will be a delayed and complaining about that, you're probably part of the issue".

    Which is completely fair to say, because anyone who can see why this is so disturbing it happened would also logically understand it's going to affect the game.

    Anyone who hears it and starts still complaining about the content most likely doesn't care about what happened, hence they become part of the problem.

    Trying to sugar coat it as "but I have to pay monthly!" isn't justifiable either because you can just cancel until the next patch.
    You're not responsible for what happened.
    But if your reaction isn't going to extend sympathy, then you can hardly complain if it's pointed out how insensitive that can be.

  4. #384
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Lot of social justice warriors here. I wonder how many of those stopped buying Iphones after they found out that those were produced in countries with horrible working conditions, or stopped buying cheap clothing produced by children for 1 dollar an hour in Asia. Lets not forget buying gas from oil companies that destroy the environment and villages in Africa and other places. It's just very convenient to sh*t on Blizzard.

    What happened at Blizzard is horrible, assuming it's true but ignoring the injustices I mentioned above, that's way worse. Bunch of hypocrites.
    That's a terrible logic that I see people around here spreading to try to defend their sunk cost fallacy.

    With that logic anyone that ever bought an Iphone or clothes in the West should just stop trying to be better and demand better services, as we already used products that came from child labor. Can you imagine what kind of society we would get?

    "Oh I already supported this terrible thing! In order to not look like a hypocrite Ill just support ALL terrible things!"

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

    Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    The game is still playable so I doubt it. I can't say I'm happy about it but there's nothing stopping us from just unsubbing temporarily as with any content drought.

    I hope they sort this out and hold people abusing their co-workers accountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Diablo Immortal is one of the most scandalous things they've done in recent years; they weren't capable of even re-releasing Warcraft III without completely ruining a legendary game; there's no Overwatch 2 in sight; WoW isn't being developed and Hearthstone, like all their succesful IPs, are the result of the "old guard" doing their job.
    The old guard were gamers and creators, they made games with passion.

    The people in charge right now are marketing and finance, they don't care about gameplay. They care about metrics and engagement, doing whatever they can do to entice idiots to part with their money, I.E anyone who has spent money outside of paying their sub.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I care a great deal. I stopped eating meat years ago, I don't drive a car, I buy clothes maybe once every 10 years. All I'm saying is, be consistent.
    To me it seems you pick the things you feel you can be indignant about. Not because it's justified, but because it's convenient. That's being a hypocrite.
    You can do all that and still be an ass hole who leaves the world a worse place.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You are painting quite a bleak world, but your suggestion seems to be "just suck it up lolz". Hard to say what your position actually is, but it does look like you support the statu quo. Yes, the same !@#$ty statu quo that you have so eloquently described.
    I don't paint a bleak world I was just stating a fact. I'm from a rural area I've known tons of farm kids getting 2-3 hours of sleep because they had to help keep up the farm, I worked in a factory in college where the employee of the month was a methhead because he was the only one who could keep up with the speed/demand and others I worked with would hop from factory to factory after destroying part of their body doing the same repeated action for 12 hours a day.

    And I didn't say anything about suck it up lolz. I was pointing out how hypocritical it is to be someone using the internet on technology made from the mistreatment of others to ask someone else why they don't value the people who made it over the product when they themselves clearly don't give a fuck about any of the people hurt for literally everything they own/eat.

    And where did I say I support the status quo? I try and do my part by educating people when they are being ignorant and by not adding more people to the planet. And I'm enterally grateful to all the people who have to suffer for me to live the life I do. You can look at my post history and see I'm only ever correcting people when they jump to conclusions and don't think there might be other possible reasons for x or y.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-27 at 02:26 AM.

  9. #389
    I think a lot of these responses highlight that the issues at Blizzard go far beyond problems of sexual harrassment, but a shitty culture as a whole. You'd think a developer would be apologizing for delays or that it's pretty bad that you buy a box price, pay for a monthly sub, and you're told you're the problem. I dunno man, Blizzard is just full of nothing good and these "Leads" show that the worst of them are in positions of power while the rest have to sit under them and deal with it.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  10. #390

    Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

    Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    I don't even know what to say... Sorry after this whole debacle if they closed down the damn game to get their ducks in a row I wouldn't be sad one bit.
    The developers need to get their shit together. This is potentially extremely damaging to the company especially these days. I hope they can sort it out and eventually come to a resolution and the victims of this behavior are afforded some recompense and justice for how they were treated. The ones that are alive that is. As far as the girl who sadly took her own life, perhaps if Blizzard does change then her family can take some small measure of comfort in that.

    Otherwise in the meantime if you don't get no content BOO HOO! Get over it! There are bigger things in life than your own little gaming gratification!

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I don't even know what to say... Sorry after this whole debacle if they closed down the damn game to get their ducks in a row I wouldn't be sad one bit.
    The developers need to get their shit together. This is potentially extremely damaging to the company especially these days. I hope they can sort it out and eventually come to a resolution and the victims of this behavior are afforded some recompense and justice for how they were treated. The ones that are alive that is. As far as the girl who sadly took her own life, perhaps if Blizzard does change then her family can take some small measure of comfort in that.

    Otherwise in the meantime if you don't get no content BOO HOO! Get over it! There are bigger things in life than your own little gaming gratification!
    Some people can't see beyond the scope of their own narrow world view.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nothing about that is guilt tripping.

    Literally all that was pointed out was "if you're taking hearing there will be a delayed and complaining about that, you're probably part of the issue".

    Which is completely fair to say, because anyone who can see why this is so disturbing it happened would also logically understand it's going to affect the game.

    Anyone who hears it and starts still complaining about the content most likely doesn't care about what happened, hence they become part of the problem.

    Trying to sugar coat it as "but I have to pay monthly!" isn't justifiable either because you can just cancel until the next patch.
    You're not responsible for what happened.
    But if your reaction isn't going to extend sympathy, then you can hardly complain if it's pointed out how insensitive that can be.
    I have symphaty for the people. I have zero sympthaty for Activision Blizzard. They are public company only beholden to their share holders. Am paying my sub to a company. Not to the developers. Am not happy about the company supplying a sub par product and still having a sub.

    And I can cancel the sub, but am addicted this goddamn game that has no content outside raiding.

  13. #393
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I think a lot of these responses highlight that the issues at Blizzard go far beyond problems of sexual harrassment, but a shitty culture as a whole. You'd think a developer would be apologizing for delays or that it's pretty bad that you buy a box price, pay for a monthly sub, and you're told you're the problem. I dunno man, Blizzard is just full of nothing good and these "Leads" show that the worst of them are in positions of power while the rest have to sit under them and deal with it.
    I think it's a combination of
    • The Western gaming industry had a "rockstar" culture where dev teams were celebrities back in the day.
    • Blizzard is based in big city California, which is narcissism central.
    • Twitter makes people into narcists, conditioned to keep yapping their mouths so they can get the dopamine rush of seeing likes and retweets and feeling all of that attention.
    • Lots of people distancing themselves and throwing each other under the bus to make themselves look good. Very self-centered.
    • The people at Blizzard legit disdain their paying customers. From the way they talk, they seem to wish that their customers were... themselves the devs.

    Contrast that with the Japanese gaming industry. I've noticed on a whole, they are far more professional. Whereas most people at Blizzard have a public twitter account and feel free to talk, it seems that only a handful of employees of a Japanese game dev team publicly talk. From what I've heard, the Japanese are more about "for the glory of the team as a whole, not for the glory of myself" and leave it up to the designated spokesperson or team lead to exclusively talk about the game online, which makes everyone look better. So when information does come out, it's highly controlled. And I can't think of an instance where the Japanese bad mouthed their paying customers (whereas in recent years, many people in the Western entertainment industry has been publicly flaunting their hatred of their customers).

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  14. #394
    Pit Lord Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    GC keeps talking about how he always messes up responding to people in a respectful way. Why in the hell was he ever in the position he was in to begin with in that case? It sounds like executive management isn't his wheelhouse.
    because executive management has higher priorities that are more crucial as their primary responsibilities/qualifications required.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    All I'm saying is that it's very easy to sh*t on Blizzard while most of us don't give a sh*t about far greater injustices in the world. Ones you can actually avoid being part of. It's seems very selective and convenient to me.
    Your whole 'being Jesus' statement basically tells me that you don't want to be consistent, you only care about the injustice you can afford to care about.
    I don't go searching for injustices like some people. I don't need to be another Hero. I however have sunk a good portion of my life into Blizzard games starting back in the 90's. I as well as many others have vested interest. When someone is teased or harassed to the point of taking their own life that's in our own back yard. You nor I can solve the worlds problems we aren't meant to live each day thinking of all the injustice in the world. We live as long as we can the best we can and try to do unto others as we would have them do unto us.
    I have personally endorsed Blizzard games as well as the company in general over the years as I'm sure many of us have. Partly because we all thought this was a company that cared as much about it's employees as it did it's customers. Sadly over the years that illusion has been slowly coming down. Now with this, it's the last straw for many.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

    Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    Do you really want them to refund you 50 cents like they used to for outages? Humans were allegedly abused and harassed at a company. One took their own life. And you are worried about your sub status?

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I have symphaty for the people. I have zero sympthaty for Activision Blizzard. They are public company only beholden to their share holders. Am paying my sub to a company. Not to the developers. Am not happy about the company supplying a sub par product and still having a sub.

    And I can cancel the sub, but am addicted this goddamn game that has no content outside raiding.
    It's like when your dealer's supplier cuts the crack more and more. You're mad that the product is cut down, but you need that fix, and you need it now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Do you really want them to refund you 50 cents like they used to for outages? Humans were allegedly abused and harassed at a company. One took their own life. And you are worried about your sub status?
    A symptom of the human condition. The people suffering aren't in their monkey sphere, so they don't care.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  18. #398
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I was pointing out how hypocritical it is to be someone using the internet on technology made from the mistreatment of others.
    By your reasoning, those guys who advocated for the French Revolution, equality of rights, citizenship for everyone, etc. shouldn't have eaten anything at all, other than whatever they could grow themselves. After all, agriculture at the time was structured in a 100% feudal fashion, and the situations of workers (usually slaves) in e.g. the American colonies was even worse. Do you realise how dumb does that sound?
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    By your reasoning, those guys who advocated for the French Revolution, equality of rights, citizenship for everyone, etc. shouldn't have eaten anything at all, other than whatever they could grow themselves. After all, agriculture at the time was structured in a 100% feudal fashion, and the situations of workers (usually slaves) in e.g. the American colonies was even worse. Do you realise how dumb does that sound?
    This was the point I was trying to make as well - the idea that these things are pure right/wrong, purely left/right, black/white, yes/no, 0/1 - is just idiotic. I know people who dont eat meat, but go through a dozen eggs a day, and i know others who wont touch an egg if you paid them to, because they are unhappy with the animal conditions.

    I know people who wont buy clothes from overseas, unless they feel there is no local alternative, and i know people who buy the cheapest clothes they can find. Neither are bad people. Its perfectly acceptable to make a stand on something you dont agree with, without feeling like you have to be perfect in every possible way, on every single subject and topic of inequality.

    I personally am pretty disgusted not by their behaviour, because that is still just an accusation at this stage, but rather by their pathetic response to the accusations, and the final straw for me is some assclown blaming the community for how him and his frat-bros apparantly treated the female employees. I had ended my sub anyway, as much fun as TBCC was, it was never intended to hold my interest for long, and SL has simply failed to hold my interest at all. I have no other Blizzard products installed at all, and nothing on the horison interests me much at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think it's a combination of
    • The Western gaming industry had a "rockstar" culture where dev teams were celebrities back in the day.
    • Blizzard is based in big city California, which is narcissism central.
    • Twitter makes people into narcists, conditioned to keep yapping their mouths so they can get the dopamine rush of seeing likes and retweets and feeling all of that attention.
    • Lots of people distancing themselves and throwing each other under the bus to make themselves look good. Very self-centered.
    • The people at Blizzard legit disdain their paying customers. From the way they talk, they seem to wish that their customers were... themselves the devs.

    Contrast that with the Japanese gaming industry. I've noticed on a whole, they are far more professional. Whereas most people at Blizzard have a public twitter account and feel free to talk, it seems that only a handful of employees of a Japanese game dev team publicly talk. From what I've heard, the Japanese are more about "for the glory of the team as a whole, not for the glory of myself" and leave it up to the designated spokesperson or team lead to exclusively talk about the game online, which makes everyone look better. So when information does come out, it's highly controlled. And I can't think of an instance where the Japanese bad mouthed their paying customers (whereas in recent years, many people in the Western entertainment industry has been publicly flaunting their hatred of their customers).

    western gaming? you realize japan is literally an ethnostate, with an emperor who by law can only be male, and liberal parties in japan get 0% of the vote, and its against their culture for woman to even have a job
    so like
    yeah ill take the west over japaan when it comes to these issues any day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •