Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And here you are proving him right.
    Ohh look another corporate apologist! Is it any wonder why they commit all kinds of horrendous crimes and then blame paying customers for it with people like you supporting them? Nope! Congratulations! Hope you feel good supporting rapists.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm sorry but what? Alex Klontzas can go suck a fuck.

    How the fuck am I part of the problem? I don't know shit about what happened/is happening at Blizzard, other than what's been told here obviously. It's none of my business and they should have sorted it out privately years ago especially since they are all about equality and being progressive.

    And before someone starts, I'm not in any way condoning what happened. I'm saying that the paying customer is in no way "a part of the problem" at fucking all.
    i dont see that quote as "the players/customers are part of the problem"

    Im prety sure he was referring to "anyone", "mankind", "society".
    If you as a person "dont care" about discrimination and tell people to shut up about it...yeah maybe you are part of the problem.

    Anyway...i agree is a stupid thing to say since you know...we are feeding them our money?
    Comes out as "keep giving us your money and shut up, that doesnt matter now"

  3. #483
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm sorry but what? Alex Klontzas can go suck a fuck.

    How the fuck am I part of the problem? I don't know shit about what happened/is happening at Blizzard, other than what's been told here obviously. It's none of my business and they should have sorted it out privately years ago especially since they are all about equality and being progressive.

    And before someone starts, I'm not in any way condoning what happened. I'm saying that the paying customer is in no way "a part of the problem" at fucking all.
    No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

    Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.

  4. #484
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    7,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    i dont see that quote as "the players/customers are part of the problem"

    Im prety sure he was referring to "anyone", "mankind", "society".
    If you as a person "dont care" about discrimination and tell people to shut up about it...yeah maybe you are part of the problem.

    Anyway...i agree is a stupid thing to say since you know...we are feeding them our money?
    Comes out as "keep giving us your money and shut up, that doesnt matter now"
    He definitely worded it poorly then.

  5. #485
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Honest I feel like I made out like a bandit by selling my ATVI stocks back in June looking at the current state of affairs there. Their value is only going to continue to fall.
    Dude, for real. Bought low after their last fiasco and sold them as soon as they recovered. Do NOT regret selling those.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  6. #486
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    7,255
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

    Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.
    Yeah Roanda said pretty much the same, and I guess I understand what he meant to say. Very poor wording though.

    Just again to make it clear, I'm in no way condoning what has happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people you mention misunderstood it too.

  7. #487
    This employee letter fails to point out the most disgusting part of the Activision Blizzard response: blaming it on unaccountable state bureaucrats who purportedly are the reason for companies leaving California.

    It was like Activision Blizzard was trying to rally Republicans and the Gamergate people to their defense. "It's not our sexist culture! Blame the Democrats running CA into the ground!!"

  8. #488
    So people are upset over someone’s wording of a tweet. But at the same time are not interested in the fact that things have slowed down at the Company. And it’s due to internal turmoil thanks to the mismanagement of cases of sexual harassment, which would obviously detrimentally affect employee welfare and morale. But yeah, let’s dissect his words. Man, if empathy was a minimum system requirement to play video games, so many people would be screwed.

    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    This employee letter fails to point out the most disgusting part of the Activision Blizzard response: blaming it on unaccountable state bureaucrats who purportedly are the reason for companies leaving California.

    It was like Activision Blizzard was trying to rally Republicans and the Gamergate people to their defense. "It's not our sexist culture! Blame the Democrats running CA into the ground!!"
    It worked though. I’m sure the tolk showing a lack of empathy probably told people speaking up during Gamergate to ‘get over it’.

  9. #489
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    So people are upset over someone’s wording of a tweet. But at the same time are not interested in the fact that things have slowed down at the Company. And it’s due to internal turmoil thanks to the mismanagement of cases of sexual harassment, which would obviously detrimentally affect employee welfare and morale. But yeah, let’s dissect his words. Man, if empathy was a minimum system requirement to play video games, so many people would be screwed.



    It worked though. I’m sure the tolk showing a lack of empathy probably told people speaking up during Gamergate to ‘get over it’.
    "Get over it", "Get back to work", "Snowflakes". You know, the classics.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I disagree on the first bit. When you get asked, ‘why did you leave Blizzard?’ and if your intended answer is ‘toxic workplace’ recruiters would’ve immediately reached out to old managers to corroborate. Now, if someone says that, it’s taken more seriously. Before it would just be ‘disgruntled ex-employee’. So no. It would have been very hard.
    Isn't one of the foremost rules of job interviews not to shit on the previous employer?
    No matter if you have a valid reason or not; you are not making yourself any favors by saying "toxic workplace" or anything like that.

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

    Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    Not what he said at all you didn't even read it. He never said they wern't working on any content or that there will be any dlays. What he did say was that anyone who responds to the lawsuit news by complaining about how long the nect patch could be delayed are idiots who value the games over human decency. That is a part of the problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

    Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.
    Exactly. Also, people have twisted his words into him claiming they aren't working on content and things are delayed even though he clearly said neither.

  12. #492
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Isn't one of the foremost rules of job interviews not to shit on the previous employer?
    No matter if you have a valid reason or not; you are not making yourself any favors by saying "toxic workplace" or anything like that.
    Do you know how hard it would be to then explain why you left the monolith of blizzard? Especially if it’s actually because of either being victim or witness to harassment?

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Isn't one of the foremost rules of job interviews not to shit on the previous employer?
    No matter if you have a valid reason or not; you are not making yourself any favors by saying "toxic workplace" or anything like that.
    Right. That looks poorly on you because they would start to ask themselves if you were contributing to that toxic environment and also could be looked at as you trying to absolve yourself of anything that happened.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Ohh look another corporate apologist! Is it any wonder why they commit all kinds of horrendous crimes and then blame paying customers for it with people like you supporting them? Nope! Congratulations! Hope you feel good supporting rapists.
    Yo continue to prove him right. Nothing has been proben and nothing that has been alleged comes anywhere close to rape. And calling the company rapists is flat out absurd because the company never raped anyone. Calling someone an apologist is further of of what he said too.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I think most people don't really care where the burden of proof falls; they're going to believe what they want to believe.
    Which is why this kind of shit should never be made public until a verdict is reached. Hell, when you have thousands giving their opinion on the matter before the trial, you're influencing it.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    A whoreson who is shirking responsibility and deflecting it to others to make himself look cool on the internet. If I were to find him in person, I would have bashed his head on a wall until his brain flushed out. He has been in leadership position for years and now acting like the allegations have nothing to do with him. Go figure what kind of trash he is.
    saying you sound psychotic and like the type of person that would shoot up a place is an understatement. get help, you sound sick and mentally unwell.

  16. #496
    As someone who works with rapevictims I can say that violence-fantasies or in worst case when people act on them don't help in the slightest.

  17. #497
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not what he said at all you didn't even read it. He never said they wern't working on any content or that there will be any dlays. What he did say was that anyone who responds to the lawsuit news by complaining about how long the nect patch could be delayed are idiots who value the games over human decency. That is a part of the problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Exactly. Also, people have twisted his words into him claiming they aren't working on content and things are delayed even though he clearly said neither.
    Is this first day of Shadowlands for you, sir?

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Do you know how hard it would be to then explain why you left the monolith of blizzard? Especially if it’s actually because of either being victim or witness to harassment?
    Not hard at all.
    You don't need to be an intellectual beast to come up with a story on how you really enjoyed working there and value any experience you got there but are now looking to further your horizons by exploring a career in a company that's not so far along the "corporate" path, thus allowing you more self-fulfillment and engagement.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is this first day of Shadowlands for you, sir?
    Did you read what he actually said or are you just going to declare what he said? His tweet never talked about content being delayed nor did he say they weren't working on any content right now.

  20. #500
    Anyone else not give a fuck and think this will all go away in a couple weeks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •