Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    His job is to develop the game, not preach to paying customers.
    And Blizz pay his salary, not you. And, quite clearly, the devs are on justified strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    hahaha, reply of the thread! well done sir/madam, I gift you 8 internets.

- - - Updated - - -

When i paid to purchase the expansion, im pretty sure it wasnt for "access to the servers".
    And you can log into shadowlands right now. Or maybe they wiped it? All content is still there. Have fun

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it has already been mentioned ITT, but Russell Brower's Twitter is quite telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And Blizz pay his salary, not you. And, quite clearly, the devs are on justified strike.
    The strike is completely unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why am I not surprised Metzen's response is the only thoughtful one, it seems like? I haven't read them all but I've read a few and they've mostly been trying to put the blame elsewhere.

He seems to be the only one who is like "Damn, we fucked up, I'm sorry. Here's what I'd like to do/think we should do to make things better."
    Metzen is, as Morhaine, try top cover his ass. He has new product in development and dont want it to be stained with blizz shit. He is as much to blame as everyone from old guard. The fact he has charisma doesnt change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is not a charity, we pay for sub, how the hell it is my problem that i am included in this just because i expect to get what i pay for it is not my problem how shit you rule and what the hell do you do with your company. Not my problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    They will come out of this stronger then before.

I can fully understand that there are issues between the workers and the management but I dont take credit for the insult I am part of the Problem because I expect them to continue working.
    Glad I cancelled sub, I do not pay for refusal of work if they are not capable of continuing to work while sorting out these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    They will come out of this stronger then before.
    That's a pretty overly optimistic outlook you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The strike is completely unjustified.
    Do you believe that, if wow crash and burn, that wow devs would be out of job? Like, there are several others products in the exact company they can work on!

How can somebody be so naive to thing paying for sub, for expansion, for items in the store pay the fucking salary?! It only keep the product afloat, product being WoW and NOT the devs. They would do their job with, or without wow. And with, or without your precious $.

I hope they get the Townsend resignation. I know exactly the type of person she is I see them every Tuesday.

Do you believe that, if wow crash and burn, that wow devs would be out of job? Like, there are several others products in the exact company they can work on!

How can somebody be so naive to thing paying for sub, for expansion, for items in the store pay the fucking salary?! It only keep the product afloat, product being WoW and NOT the devs. They would do their job with, or without wow. And with, or without your precious $.
    You would have to be pretty touched in the head to think that revenue doesn't go to salary.

60-80% of the budget for your typical employer of decent size is tied up in salary and benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wonder how many of the thousand are employees who've participated in the bad behavior or had a finger pointed at in this case and are trying to use the letter to blend in.

Also what is Klontzas' problem? People can rightfully criticise the stated delay of updates for a product coming from a company they are actively paying towards or have paid towards especially when it's a result of the people in said company not keeping their house in order or their fellow employees in check and even more so when they're contributing to the pay check they're receiving in the end either way.

It reminds of me the customers who said they aren't giving Blizzard further money at this point because of this but then employees are popping up and saying you shouldn't boycott Blizzard as it'll be punishing the people who haven't done anything wrong but then unironically pull out the classic "the players are part of the problem".

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yes and if there is no content, people dont sub. If people dont sub, Blizzard dont get paid. If Blizzard dont get paid, neither do the devs, they get laid off.

I dont get where this fucked up idea comes from that Blizzard is too big to fail - they are not.
    They dont get laid off. If people stop paying for wow, they would terminate wow and shift devs to other products or start a new product.

It's going to sound silly but I noticed even back in TBC they had weird sexual puns in the game, like when Kristen Demeza was around they had an event called "the captain's booty" and the Captain's last name was Demeza lol. They also had an NPC called "Kristen Dipswitch" which seemed to be a dig at her. Thought they were kinda going out of the way to make a point back at that time.

I don't care where they'd work if they didn't work at Blizzard and what game they'd work on if it wasn't WoW.

Blizzard charges money for their product and their services; if someone tries to blame paying customers for their colleagues allegedly covering up sexual harassment, then they deserve to be out of a job at said company if they aren't capable of issuing an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV has already overtaken WoW in terms of concurrents. Sure, it will never hit that 12 million subscriber peak that Wrath of the Lich King once did, but it doesn't need to.
    I'm fairly certain no MMO ever will, again... the genre peaked back then, and has been in decline ever since... for a number of reasons, not just those to do with Blizzard, and how they handled WoW from then onwards...
    Last edited by DeeDeeLyla; 2021-07-26 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It's going to sound silly but I noticed even back in TBC they had weird sexual puns in the game, like when Kristen Demeza was around they had an event called "the captain's booty" and the Captain's last name was Demeza lol. They also had an NPC called "Kristen Dipswitch" which seemed to be a dig at her. Thought they were kinda going out of the way to make a point back at that time.
    Or Mia The Rose in Cata... she even yells I knew you would come during the quest involving her.

They dont get laid off. If people stop paying for wow, they would terminate wow and shift devs to other products or start a new product.
    Yes, they've shown how capable they are at making new games. No, Blizzard doesn't have many "other products" that drive profit. In fact, all their financial reports indicate that they're actively being pushed into making more games and they can't even find the decency to update the existing one.

Jesus Christ... If your reaction to somebody's concern is "well, eastern MMOs are worse!" you are entirely missing the point.

Why is it that every single reaction coming out about this from management, from current employees, even from former employees is such utter shit?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna lie, this is all starting to feel pretty hollow when actiblizz has a large investment by tencent