Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way Alex worded it will piss people off (Obviously) but he's right - people would rather (At first) get upset their product is delayed due to internal affairs (Justifiable ones, but that's neither here nor there). They can't see the forest through the trees either, when this entire fiasco also pointed towards awful developer practices and laziness inside of the studio. But instead of reading the report, instead of actually informing themselves, they'd rather armchair anger and spew at the mouth. At something that is inconsequential to their life, to their product in the end - compared to what is really affecting their game's quality.

More power to these people, their heart is in the right place but their anger is directed towards the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that, is a bit unfair, this is on the state to regulate them, not the consumers. however if your main issue is you not getting more content for your video game then I'm sorry but you're not helping anyone, at all.
    So what you are saying is that to be part of the solution, we should continue to pour money into a company that has very serious internal issues, major cultural issues including sexual harassment and worse? This is such a confusing stance to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    'I don't care if people were harassed, my 9.2 is more important!'
    For a paying customer, it is

5+ Year Old Account
    I personally believe the people responsible for for the allegations need to be terminated from the company. If Blizzard is gonna survive this, the people responsible need to be fired and removed from Blizzard. Otherwise the problems gonna continue. For the past nearly week. I have seen many people voice opinions about this situation. Some, like me have been absolutely disgusted. Some are ignoring this... IF you are ignoring this. You are part of the problem. And I am not saying you should unsub from WoW or quit any Actiblizz's games, or uninstalling them. If you wanna remain subbed either to support the good people still working at Blizz, or because you want to still have fun, or whatever the reasons. That's fine! I have many friends who have said they aren't dropping WoW for a bunch of different reasons, and still think the Sexual Harassment lawsuit is completely wrong. If you have unsubbed, quit, uninstalled, blah blah blah. That's fine too. There are people who are protesting in WoW because even if they unsub it doesn't matter, blizz still got their $$$. And they likely have like 6 months of game time. These people have raised a ton of money for Black Girls Code. These are sublocked players who are sitting in Oribos protesting the situation and it has gotten a lot of media attention. I am proud of the people who are actually trying to have voices because with the internet, people can easily silence you. I have voiced my opinion on the sexual harassment lawsuit multiple times on different media, and think it's just plain disgusting that the people responsible for this are not gone from the company. I have multiple friends who have either quit already or aren't gonna be resubbing and have decided to move games. Whether it's FF14, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, whatever MMOs are out there. And I get that. However... there are multiple people who are sitting here claiming WoW is Dead because of this. I don't think WoW is dead just because of this. I personally think whatever happens with the Trial, it will end with the termination of the people responsible and life will go on as normal if not better for the Women working at Blizzard now. WoW is not dead. Stop saying it.

I am glad people who are working at Blizzard are actually speaking up, and calling out the leadership. I honestly hope justice prevails in this situation. I hate hearing that someone was sexually harassed by another employee. it hits home all to well. Specially because I've witnessed many friends be sexually harassed. It's a horrible feeling even just watching it. I've always said if I saw anyone being sexually harassed. Whether it's a Woman, man or in between. I would say something and I have. Sexual Harassment may never stop because people are fucking idiots. Just know YOU have a voice. And YOU can speak up about this shit. Don't be afraid to speak up. A lot of the reason people don't speak up about Sexual Harassment is because they are worried they are gonna lose their jobs. Or maybe they suffer from mental illnesses or just don't know how to speak up about it. You have a voice. Don't be silent about it.

I am sending my love and support to anyone who has been sexually harassed. And the many good people who are out there. I am glad these employees are speaking up. Don't be silenced.

Now. If you will all excuse me. I'm gonna go play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (First time playing through!) and I likely wont reply to anyone who replies to me soo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    A sub is for game content, not policies n practices, you are shifting blame to the player.

Are you just another contrarian who just hangs around forums for games he stopped playing long ago? That's pathetic.
    If you don't think paying a company supports their policies and practices, I don't know how much further we can take this discussion.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Agreed. It feels kinda apocalyptic right now.
    I think this one is gonna hurt. Probably not quite death of wow type scenario but Bliz is gonna have to do some major restructuring I think and bv the time it's done wow will probably have like half as many players. How the next exp sells will say a lot though.

There is a difference between random anonymous talking heads on the internet saying stupid shit on the internet and blizzard actually being a terrible unequal abusive place to work (unless you're a white guy at the top or that one woman).

I'm more interested in knowing what no work is being done on WoW means. Massive team shake-ups? Mass firings? Corporate cleaners rummaging through everyone's PCs?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I hold value for money in the products i pay for higher than internal employment and legal issues, yes. Without even the smallest amount of doubt.
    So you value the products you buy more than the welfare of people at an organisation, even if they're being mistreated?

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Support the employees, sure.

You don't have to spend a dime to support their scummy corporate system though. WoW token, or even just being a statistic to their shareholders is doing more harm than good right now.

Take a break from the machine, people.
    I 100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm more interested in knowing what no work is being done on WoW means. Massive team shake-ups? Mass firings? Corporate cleaners rummaging through everyone's PCs?
    Four days in? People bitching on twitter and signing petitions instead of doing their jobs.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Say hello to 9.1 lasting 7 to 8 months, and a two patch expansion with the last patch (9.2) probably lasting a year+.
    I think WoW is done. Previously they had tried to time the releases of WoW patches to coincide with and smother the patch and expansions releases of their rivals (during the past few years, namely FFXIV), but now they'll have nothing to counter 6.0 Endwalker with. Perhaps not even the first few patches of FFXIV 6.X. There is also no Wrath classic anywhere in sight too (like how WoW tried to line up BC classic's release with FFXIV 5.5). And once Endwalker 6.0 comes out, FFXIV will be back to releasing a patch once every 3.5 months.

Also doesn't help that Blizzard staff has be insulting their customers nonstop for the past few years, but this time they don't even have a product to show for it.

Blizzard was the WoW killer.

I'm just wondering, with seeing some of the most vehement boycotters/grandstanders on social media... How are they certain they are not supporting similar structures elsewhere?

Sure, the devil you know is one you can call out and stop visiting, but this shit (and worse) extends far in the gaming industry as well as outside it. Is there some sort of website that lists completely ethical companies producing goods and entertainment?

Just a small thought that popped into my head as I saw someone call WoW players keeping up their sub "Literal Nazis"...

So you value the products you buy more than the welfare of people at an organisation, even if they're being mistreated?
    Did you even read what i wrote? I outlined my stance VERY CLEARLY. Give me ONE reason why i should continue to financially support a company that treats its staff this way, and then tries to shift the blame on to the paying customers. ONE REASON.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think WoW is done. Previously they had tried to time the releases of WoW patches to coincide with and smother the patch and expansions releases of their rivals (during the past few years, namely FFXIV), but now they'll have nothing to counter 6.0 Endwalker with. Perhaps not even the first few patches of FFXIV 6.X. There is also no Wrath classic anywhere in sight too (like how WoW tried to line up BC classic's release with FFXIV 5.5). And once Endwalker 6.0 comes out, FFXIV will be back to releasing a patch once every 3.5 months.

Also doesn't help that Blizzard staff has be insulting their customers nonstop for the past few years, but this time they don't even have a product to show for it.

Blizzard was the WoW killer.
    Saving this post for 1 year into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    If you boycotted everything from every company that's ever done something shady, or had any relations with China, you would have...very few things in your house.

Blaming the common customer isn't really fair.
    Where does the spark for change start? It's not outrageous to ask that people research a product/business before supporting it financially. If the average consumer made a conscious effort to end support for a shitty company here and there, we'd all be much better for it.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

That's comparable to blaming people for not being disgusted while eating a chocolate bar they just bought, just because someone out there is picking cocoa beans for $1 a day.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-26 at 11:50 PM.

So what you are saying is that to be part of the solution, we should continue to pour money into a company that has very serious internal issues, major cultural issues including sexual harassment and worse? This is such a confusing stance to take.
    that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the government has a duty and purpose to protect employee's and if that isn't enough (clearly) then they need to unionize. do what you wish, if you don't want to give money to blizzard don't. this isn't an issue with Blizzard this is an issue with the games industry as a whole. from AAA game publishers to indie devs there have been stories of sexual abuse that rarely go answered. this might suck to hear but there isn't a simple solution to the problem. hopefully this is the catalyst people need to finally unionize and demand better wages, hours and treatment. pressure from the outside rarely if ever does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm just wondering, with seeing some of the most vehement boycotters/grandstanders on social media... How are they certain they are not supporting similar structures elsewhere?

Sure, the devil you know is one you can call out and stop visiting, but this shit (and worse) extends far in the gaming industry as well as outside it. Is there some sort of website that lists completely ethical companies producing goods and entertainment?

Just a small thought that popped into my head as I saw someone call WoW players keeping up their sub "Literal Nazis"...
    This is very confusing - we deal with the information we have, and this information is very damming. I typically ignore the twitter claims, especially from ex-employees, and especially when it is just one person - not because I automatically dont believe anything anyone says, but because my threshold is a little higher than some random person making random accusations on twitter. This is very different, and if their name is completely cleared of any serious wrongdoing, and the product they produce improves, I am happy to go back to supporting them.

As it stands, their products do not meet a high enough standard for me, and this is just the cherry on the top of the shitshow that is 2021 acti-blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the government has a duty and purpose to protect employee's and if that isn't enough (clearly) then they need to unionize. do what you wish, if you don't want to give money to blizzard don't. this isn't an issue with Blizzard this is an issue with the games industry as a whole. from AAA game publishers to indie devs there have been stories of sexual abuse that rarely go answered. this might suck to hear but there isn't a simple solution to the problem. hopefully this is the catalyst people need to finally unionize and demand better wages, hours and treatment. pressure from the outside rarely if ever does the job.
    No, actually, an employer has that responsibly, and the government only becomes involved if they have failed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Four days in? People bitching on twitter and signing petitions instead of doing their jobs.
    You're probably not wrong there.
    From my experience, most companies try to keep things 'business as usual' while they're getting sued because it can lead to the horse bolting if you don't handle it well (like we're seeing now).

That said if blizzard employees want to throw an end of the world party in their office that's fine by me, blizzard has been a total shitshow for years and this lawsuit is just the cherry glase on top.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Where does the spark for change start? It's not outrageous to ask that people research a product/business before supporting it financially. If the average consumer made a conscious effort to end support for a shitty company here and there, we'd all be much better for it.
    Nobody is going to sit around and make sure their new sink they're buying wasn't made with some materials imported from China, or that the CEO of Sinks R Us didn't say something they didn't like on Twitter a decade ago.

My point stands.

Also, if everyone did boycott Blizzard, all of those devs you seem to care so much about would lose their jobs. I don't wish that for them, or anyone else.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2021-07-27 at 12:00 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Did you even read what i wrote? I outlined my stance VERY CLEARLY. Give me ONE reason why i should continue to financially support a company that treats its staff this way, and then tries to shift the blame on to the paying customers. ONE REASON.
    If that's your stance, I agree with you entirely. Your initial post wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That's comparable to blaming people for not being disgusted while eating a chocolate bar they just bought, just because someone out there is picking cocoa beans for $1 a day.
    Pay disparity is one thing, sexual harassment is another. If Cadbury's turned out to be shoving sexual harassment of said bean pickers under the rug just to keep their reputation squeaky clean, you be damn well sure that I'll not be a paying customer of theirs. It's abhorrent behaviour.