Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it would be totally legitimate that Actiblizz frezees our gametime and all. Not because i wait for a patch, im totally on their side; They can lay down work for years for all i care as long as this causes a change in attitude on Actiblizz side, but thats kind of the thing; ActivisionBlizzard doesnt work, because ActivisionBlizzard treats women like shit... I didn't cause that, they did. So i want them to get less money out of it. I can't undo my gametime. Its purchased... But i dont want to be charged while there is no work done. And if they were forced to fullfil that demand... that might put more pressure on them to get their asses up and fix their shit... and i obviously dont speak about anything actually game related.

Blizzard doesn't care for PR or satisfaction. They just care for money.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome aboard! We would like to inform you that todays flight will not take place, as our co-pilot has some girlfriend trouble (with Sally, from accounting). If your reaction to this going on right now is to complain that your flight is going to take longer to reach its destination, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. Continue to pay us money while we do not provide the service you desired!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Why ain’t anyone asking for Bobby Kotick and executives to resign or be fired or are they all too shit scared off their jobs?
    For starters, they should be unionized if they were ever to demand such sweeping changes. No wonder that US corporate masters (and their drones everywhere, including the internet) are "all too shit" scared of workers unionizing, and have been actively fighting against unionization for almost a century now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I think it would be totally legitimate that Actiblizz frezees our gametime and all. Not because i wait for a patch, im totally on their side; They can lay down work for years for all i care as long as this causes a change in attitude on Actiblizz side, but thats kind of the thing; ActivisionBlizzard doesnt work, because ActivisionBlizzard treats women like shit... I didn't cause that, they did. So i want them to get less money out of it. I can't undo my gametime. Its purchased... But i dont want to be charged while there is no work done. And if they were forced to fullfil that demand... that might put more pressure on them to get their asses up and fix their shit... and i obviously dont speak about anything actually game related.

Blizzard doesn't care for PR or satisfaction. They just care for money.
    100% agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Hope you are Amish and make all your shit yourself cause I hate to break it to you but practically everything you own has someone being mistreated including all the food you eat. Either they are large enough to exploit illegal workers, or are small family run who work themselves nearly to death because the big factory farms out price em and need to use their kids as labor, or they are big factory farms who mistreat animals and often times the workers as well. Oh and nearly any vegetable you eat results in the death of thousands of animals each year.
    I grow most of what I eat. You'd be surprised at how little space you need to grow a remarkably healthy and fulfilling garden. Not to say everyone can do this, or that it's feasible for most folks, but it's a nice way to reduce your footprint.

You can't cut all the evils of consumerism, but you can be more selective, to start.

Not making that much of a difference is better than making no difference at all.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

So now that I'm upset that I gave them $15 to keep playing a game that they're no longer working on, suddenly, according to Blizzard, I'm equally to blame for their employees sexually harassing other employees? Is this piece of shit really telling us to shut up and give them our money, so they can pay their legal defense with it?

And then he has the audacity to try and teach us about human decency and respect?

The game will be fine. They will say they will do better.

-Do better
    -Make a character transgendered or LGBTQ+
    -Wear a pin saying how diverse and inclusive they are

Everyone will eat it up as usual and forget.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh that won’t happen until there’s like 100 players left, because they could just turn off all the servers except one and treat it like Classic; maintenance mode. Dead doesn’t mean no one playing, it means so few people playing it feels dead. Running around the world and seeing no one or very few people.

They turned off RuneScape Classic not too long ago because it only had a handful of people still playing it.
    To add to this: EverQuest II servers are still up, it's collective playerbase equal to that of maybe a single WoW server.

As long as the devs can profit from WoW, even if it means reducing costs 99% to sustain what few players are left, they likely will. 2 servers, a dozen employees to make fixes and patches and it's set.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    I have no idea why they keep talking about stuff like this in public, they should sort it out internally instead, seriously. The vast majority of their players don't give a shit and just want them to deliver a steady stream of fresh content, and not internal drama that noone cares about.
    And that, good people, is part of the problem. They're too busy caring about injecting Blizzard's latest dopamine-tweaking gacha content into their veins to give a shit about human decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    To add to this: EverQuest II servers are still up, it's collective playerbase equal to that of maybe a single WoW server.

As long as the devs can profit from WoW, even if it means reducing costs 99% to sustain what few players are left, they likely will. 2 servers, a dozen employees to make fixes and patches and it's set.
    Don't forget UO and DAoC. A lot of the old games are still going. Blizzard will continue to milk its dying playerbase until Kotick can no longer buy another yacht from the profits.
    Last edited by lichbane; 2021-07-27 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    are you responding to the right person? because I clearly said this is a failing of the company and the government needs to step in. and again if people unionized that would be a net benefit for everyone expect maybe the shareholders, but fuck them.
    I am absolutely responding to the right person, the person who said this:

that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the government has a duty and purpose to protect employee's and if that isn't enough (clearly) then they need to unionize.
    Very, VERY clearly you said that is the governments responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I am absolutely responding to the right person, the person who said this:

Very, VERY clearly you said that is the governments responsibility.
    because it is...? I don't understand what the disconnect is here.

Dude. What a little hypocrite. So it's ok for him to draw stuff like that but when a company does it it's wrong because people have mental issues and are helpless when it comes to getting swayed by media? Fuck off lmao. Resonsibility... The only responsibility they had was to not treat their employees like shit. Not to cover Jaina's midriff.

5+ Year Old Account
    oh, that guy Alex Klontzas, is senior game producer of world of warcraft, n he just said, give us more money, stfu about expecting something FOR YOUR MONEY

fire this guy! no wonder wow is so shit right now with such a moron..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-27 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

I'm amazed about that fact. I would've imagined EQ2 would be shit-canned just because of the hands it has transferred to over the years. I know EQ1 gets expansions still and has players, but 2? Damn. Might have to look at it again, see if anything astonishing has changed since early 2010's.

I've decided to stop support this company.

I played Starcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 day one. Obv I played SC2, and D3 in multiple platforms.
    Played Wow since TBC.
    I own most of their books, merchandise, and figurines, I have created plenty fan art for their games.

And I cannot be like those people making virtual strikes in the game, it makes no sense to me, you are still giving your money to this awful company by populating those servers. We are talking about peoples lives not just the quality of a game anymore.

Even tho is a FACT that you really can never stop giving your money to evil people, I cannot continue suppoting a company that is so dear to me that I now know they have cause so much pain and suffering to peoples lives. *I feel disgusted, it feels personal, I feel betrayed*.

I really wish for the best to those victims and survivors.

because it is...? I don't understand what the disconnect is here.
    Because it is not - that is the EMPLOYERS responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    Well he is kind of right, everyone supporting them is allowing it to continue by fueling the machine. Boycotting does work contrary to what people might say, maybe if their wallets get hit hard enough and the game gets hurt for things to get better so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because it is not - that is the EMPLOYERS responsibility.
    I think you think I'm taking responsibility away from Blizzard? I simply do not assume businesses act morally or even ethically on their own accord. which is why government exists to protect not only employees but consumers.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-27 at 01:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    It's funny to me how quickly people turn on a dime. Suddenly the employees are deserving of your compassion, suddenly the employees are working their asses off. Before this week anyone who had anything to do with any part of WoW they didn't enjoy needed to be fired asap and before this week the WoW devs were called lazy, out of touch, phoning it in, etc.
    Yeah, it's bullshit...like I said previously, everyone that isn't part of Diablo 4, should be fired since D4 crew are the only ones doing actual work.

Everytime they talk they just dig deeper holes for themselves.

The top comment on Reddit perfectly sums up my feelings for that Alex guy: