Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.
    Yeah Roanda said pretty much the same, and I guess I understand what he meant to say. Very poor wording though.

Just again to make it clear, I'm in no way condoning what has happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people you mention misunderstood it too.

This employee letter fails to point out the most disgusting part of the Activision Blizzard response: blaming it on unaccountable state bureaucrats who purportedly are the reason for companies leaving California.

It was like Activision Blizzard was trying to rally Republicans and the Gamergate people to their defense. "It's not our sexist culture! Blame the Democrats running CA into the ground!!"

So people are upset over someone’s wording of a tweet. But at the same time are not interested in the fact that things have slowed down at the Company. And it’s due to internal turmoil thanks to the mismanagement of cases of sexual harassment, which would obviously detrimentally affect employee welfare and morale. But yeah, let’s dissect his words. Man, if empathy was a minimum system requirement to play video games, so many people would be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    This employee letter fails to point out the most disgusting part of the Activision Blizzard response: blaming it on unaccountable state bureaucrats who purportedly are the reason for companies leaving California.

It was like Activision Blizzard was trying to rally Republicans and the Gamergate people to their defense. "It's not our sexist culture! Blame the Democrats running CA into the ground!!"
    It worked though. I’m sure the tolk showing a lack of empathy probably told people speaking up during Gamergate to ‘get over it’.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    So people are upset over someone’s wording of a tweet. But at the same time are not interested in the fact that things have slowed down at the Company. And it’s due to internal turmoil thanks to the mismanagement of cases of sexual harassment, which would obviously detrimentally affect employee welfare and morale. But yeah, let’s dissect his words. Man, if empathy was a minimum system requirement to play video games, so many people would be screwed.

It worked though. I’m sure the tolk showing a lack of empathy probably told people speaking up during Gamergate to ‘get over it’.
    "Get over it", "Get back to work", "Snowflakes". You know, the classics.

I disagree on the first bit. When you get asked, ‘why did you leave Blizzard?’ and if your intended answer is ‘toxic workplace’ recruiters would’ve immediately reached out to old managers to corroborate. Now, if someone says that, it’s taken more seriously. Before it would just be ‘disgruntled ex-employee’. So no. It would have been very hard.
    Isn't one of the foremost rules of job interviews not to shit on the previous employer?
    No matter if you have a valid reason or not; you are not making yourself any favors by saying "toxic workplace" or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So are they gonna freeze subs? Because this bald fuck just said they aren't working on content updates.

Who the fuck is this guy to tell me I am part of the problem?
    Not what he said at all you didn't even read it. He never said they wern't working on any content or that there will be any dlays. What he did say was that anyone who responds to the lawsuit news by complaining about how long the nect patch could be delayed are idiots who value the games over human decency. That is a part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.
    Exactly. Also, people have twisted his words into him claiming they aren't working on content and things are delayed even though he clearly said neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Isn't one of the foremost rules of job interviews not to shit on the previous employer?
    No matter if you have a valid reason or not; you are not making yourself any favors by saying "toxic workplace" or anything like that.
    Do you know how hard it would be to then explain why you left the monolith of blizzard? Especially if it’s actually because of either being victim or witness to harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Right. That looks poorly on you because they would start to ask themselves if you were contributing to that toxic environment and also could be looked at as you trying to absolve yourself of anything that happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Ohh look another corporate apologist! Is it any wonder why they commit all kinds of horrendous crimes and then blame paying customers for it with people like you supporting them? Nope! Congratulations! Hope you feel good supporting rapists.
    Yo continue to prove him right. Nothing has been proben and nothing that has been alleged comes anywhere close to rape. And calling the company rapists is flat out absurd because the company never raped anyone. Calling someone an apologist is further of of what he said too.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I think most people don't really care where the burden of proof falls; they're going to believe what they want to believe.
    Which is why this kind of shit should never be made public until a verdict is reached. Hell, when you have thousands giving their opinion on the matter before the trial, you're influencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    A whoreson who is shirking responsibility and deflecting it to others to make himself look cool on the internet. If I were to find him in person, I would have bashed his head on a wall until his brain flushed out. He has been in leadership position for years and now acting like the allegations have nothing to do with him. Go figure what kind of trash he is.
    saying you sound psychotic and like the type of person that would shoot up a place is an understatement. get help, you sound sick and mentally unwell.

As someone who works with rapevictims I can say that violence-fantasies or in worst case when people act on them don't help in the slightest.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not what he said at all you didn't even read it. He never said they wern't working on any content or that there will be any dlays. What he did say was that anyone who responds to the lawsuit news by complaining about how long the nect patch could be delayed are idiots who value the games over human decency. That is a part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Also, people have twisted his words into him claiming they aren't working on content and things are delayed even though he clearly said neither.
    Is this first day of Shadowlands for you, sir?

Do you know how hard it would be to then explain why you left the monolith of blizzard? Especially if it’s actually because of either being victim or witness to harassment?
    Not hard at all.
    You don't need to be an intellectual beast to come up with a story on how you really enjoyed working there and value any experience you got there but are now looking to further your horizons by exploring a career in a company that's not so far along the "corporate" path, thus allowing you more self-fulfillment and engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is this first day of Shadowlands for you, sir?
    Did you read what he actually said or are you just going to declare what he said? His tweet never talked about content being delayed nor did he say they weren't working on any content right now.

Anyone else not give a fuck and think this will all go away in a couple weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    lol insane entitlement issues for customers that paid for a service expecting something for their money? How very strange these gamers are! everywhere else nobody expects value for their monies! blizz gamers are soooo weird...
    Nice to know you and your self interest is all that matters and who cares that people were harrassed and harmed right? Your addiction is more important. I hope nobody in your family goes through it because I'm sure your response would be: "I don;'t care you were sexually harrassed and violated. Shut up and fix me my hot pockets. I'm hungry.".

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If you don't "give a fuck" about people suffering abuse and one going as far as committing suicide, you're a piece of shit as a human being. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It won't go away in a couple of weeks, but Blizzard will move on eventually when the lawsuit is resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Does it remove the right to complain? I do unsub when its dry of content but its not right to tell people they are part of the problem for something they have nothing to do with from the start just because they are complaining, rightfully so if they pay for the product.
    He is referring to the people who whine about contents being dry and lack of contents in without thinking of the current circumstances (covid-19 + the lawsuit and the people who lost their jobs and died from suicide stuff).

Imagine you are in a funeral and the one who died is a dear family member then you have your apartment manager visiting you there in the funeral telling you "hey when will you pay for your rent? I want my money"

What will be your reaction? you will be at least super disgusted by that guy because the god damn timing is super bad and he didn't respect or pay attention to the circumstances.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nice to know you and your self interest is all that matters and who cares that people were harrassed and harmed right? Your addiction is more important. I hope nobody in your family goes through it because I'm sure your response would be: "I don;'t care you were sexually harrassed and violated. Shut up and fix me my hot pockets. I'm hungry.".
    Like blizzard you are good at burying yourself deeper, keep going pal.