Should troll druids have friction with night elf ones?

Sometimes you think that their coudl be a lot of depth that can show genuine conflict as well as harmony

one source of conflict not explored occurred to me when I thought What would Malfurion think if he saw a bunch of human youths smoking weed in the forest.

He would probably react ot them like he did the Highborne in Teldrassil at the beginning of Wolfheart. It then occurred to me, but he's a druid, won't he just join them with an even larger one?

I shook it off, nah, he is n't cool in that way - the forest needs to be respected etc,not misued blah blah, besides the weeds he would grow would probably be latered not to have that affect

Then i thought, you know who would join them? A troll, I could so see a troll druid encouraging and joining them and having a massive issue over the stiff necked purist night elven druids who take it far too seriously in their religious devotion to nature. Nature is life and joy, and certainly to be enjoyed in many ways. whiles I can also imagine some trolls driving the delinquents out as well, the two races really do view nature differently.

And it would be nice if blizzard could highlight this more, because they've presented them regarding to nature quite differently, it's bound to have some disagreements.. Doesn't necessarily mean war, but there is nuance that is never explored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but they give two shits about the cultural nuances of different races

In a way, this is related to "why the hell did the druids, shamans, paladins, and priests at a minimum go along with the latest faction idiocy?" There's no tension among druids because that's world-building and effort, neither of which are invested in by Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I suppose so.

Shatterspear Troll Druids could go against the Kaldorei ones in a revamped Darkshore as the Kaldorei as a whole, destroyed their town after the Fourth War was concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    In a way, this is related to "why the hell did the druids, shamans, paladins, and priests at a minimum go along with the latest faction idiocy?" There's no tension among druids because that's world-building and effort, neither of which are invested in by Blizz.
    Indeed, it does make the world feel either sloppy or incomplete.

They need more than a fact checker

They need people who examine the consequence of actions for the various groups, races, classes and can remember unique events that are relevant.

If so, the orcs would have had at least a little face tie in legion

So too would the Darnassian Highborne (they'd have gotten a lot more screen time with Azsuna (than the short story of the twins) and also with Suramar. Nor would Tyrande have been advertising "alliance" flyers in her home city of Suramar as high priestess of Elune, getting her kin to look to Elune again would have far exceeded alliance posters -- Vereesa would have done the alliance posters.. it should have been Liadrin and Vereesa competing for the horde and alliance in Suramar, and the Nightborne been touched more by Liadrin than Vereesa. Tyrande's action should have been completely non-alliance related, and entirely goddess related, winning a following for Elune, and this should have been managed in a way that Elune gave her blessing for the Nightborne to join the horde, not to kill night elves but to help heal the horde who would face a trying time and be necessary to confront he jailer later

That's how it should have gone down if they were more careful, and it would have been one of the areas that the night elves after Teldrassil, would have questioned Elune, although compared to genocide it would be low down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I suppose so.

Shatterspear Troll Druids could go against the Kaldorei ones in a revamped Darkshore as the Kaldorei as a whole, destroyed their town after the Fourth War was concluded.
    Did Shatterspear have druids?
    @Feanoro Am I wrong to expect more depth in Warcraft?

You may argue I should know how shallow the game is. But the lore has some incredible depth in it, in art and personalisation and set up but fails to execute it completely in story and lore.

Why can’t we explore those nuances?

Why can’t we have more NPCs with lines, tomes in game or more books and stories released?

Isn’t it much easier to write these thing than program in and do cinematics?

When SWTOR voiced all their quests including options that varied per class and gender in a proper full story, it made Warcraft story team look incredibly lazy.

They didn’t have to voice anything but still failed to provide a fraction of the depth even written terms to complete stories or flesh out themes they started. Often made mistakes, failed to factor in previous things they had said that were easy to incorporate with just a little creativity and instead decided to make excuses like

“not tying the hands of the developers” and for what I ask? To produce greater shit?

There has been some good stuff come but there has been a lot more awful stuff too and a lot of unnecessary retcons lack of properly taking into account their own lore.

But on the flip side sometimes they have amazed me by how spot on they’ve been. And had some enjoyable stories.

It’s just too inconsistent for a world class level product.

The lore that seems so exciting when they introduce races or classes and do it properly turns to shit later on when they forget it, change it sloppily and often unnecessarily or add to it without going back and properly researching their own stuff.

I remember Afirisaibi often admitting he doesn’t remember every detail and has a notebook after failing on some basic lore points. He is the freaking or was the lead creative developer!! wtf I thought?

Sounds like he was more interested in bashing out new whacky concepts than having passion for what was already established and building on that properly.

I’m sorry. I don’t blame the writers or the team, but the management. Can you imagine if a writer brought up some issues, and management’s policy was not to let previous lore tie their hands, what can you do?

You have to go along with what your boss says.

The lore could be much higher in quality and detail than it has been, and with not much effort.

You need passion for the work that is more than just your ego. And you can just tell something there wasn’t functioning properly.

Creative should have stood up for the lore far more often in those development meetings and kept pushing for the need for consistency and finding ways to ensure it was guided properly and deviations that came later because of fan demand or gameplay needs, changes not originally intended, like Nightborne going horde and void elves appearing, were instead done very well and thoroughly than what we got

We know they can do good stuff so when they fail in later patches you know they don’t care and it’s quite clear.

The problem is their commitment and passion of their lead. That’s my guess.

They should have, and also with Tauren druids but more due to the Taurens' participation in Garrosh and Sylvanas' agressions and atrocities against them.