Poll: Is it time for new leadership over WoW?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    They should just straight up fire anyone acting like an idiot. Give it 2 years and People wont dare acting creepy, because its not worth being fired.

Young-and-older talent that simply has more vision to rekindle what we loved about wow, no more of this fake woke nonsense, no more exposed truths behind it either, just genuine writing, good content, a group of individuals that want to make this game the best they can, no matter their age, gender, colour, prefference etc.

Just make a good franchise again, they need to eliminate the pointless pandering and equally the tedious traditions of the past and present and make something better that appeals to everyone, going forwards into blizzards future.

So should it be handed into a new team, absoleutley, theres no doubt about it in my mind the current team is not up to scratch, the ones victimised by this should be allowed to continue to work however if they want to, those responsible however? No, they should be removed from the company asap.

Just get rid of the perverts and the pervert enablers

I don't think they can solve this issue in all honesty. They cant just go and fire everyone and start fresh. If they "fire" a few bad eggs, they still have a lot of bad eggs left. With those remaining bad eggs being there the longest they will be first inline for promotions to manage the new talent . The cycle will repeat blizzard are never going to bounce back to what they were once seen as.

I can't see them taking on new people and putting them in management over people who have been working for them for years ether. (and would you even want that as a fan? like a stranger coming along with little knowledge of the game suddenly running the show?)

The goal is money, how to milk the fans and make as much as possible. If spending ages on developing something that costs a fortune would only net a small bit of profit or cause a potential loss they just wont do it. Even if it would make the game 1000x better, it doesnt matter, never has. The only time they "do it for the fans" is if doing whatever it is will net a big enough profit its worth putting the time into. Its never truly "for the fans" only for the profit.

Next time you go months without a bug fix, or "feature" that can make the game better just have a think, how much dev time and cost would it take, will more people stay playing because of it or pickup the game? Will it let people go through content quicker and cause a drop off of players? (People rushing everything and moaning they have nothing to do, so unsub.)

Basically new staff won't solve the milking or profit first mentality, that will always be business as usual. It also won't solve this horrid toxic stuff that's came about.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2021-07-27 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't matter because of the constraints by Activision to satisfy shareholders, it's not down to a lack of ideas. WoW is in the late stages of its life and they're content with milking whatever is left at this stage.
    I don't think think they care about competing with FFXIV or the critical reception, it's just about continuing to receive a steady income from ~2m addicts who've played the game for the past 15 years and intend to continue forever more.

Most of the problems in the game at the moment are caused by modular design resulting in seasons and borrowed power. It's the cheapest possible design philosophy since it means everything they make can be scaled up and down to provide content and scrapped next expansion so no legacy support or world integration needed. It has Activision's stamp all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Haha nope.

They will easy make 5 more expansions the very least. WoW makes pretty damn insane $$, it's not going to be dropped anytime soon.
    You're assuming there will be Blizzard to make any games next year.

I don't really care about the "cOnTroV3rzy", but WoW has been shit for a very long time and could probably use some fresh people in the development team. However, at this point I don't know what anyone can do to salvage this turd. It's way too far gone from the WoW I used to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It won't matter because of the constraints by Activision to satisfy shareholders, it's not down to a lack of ideas. WoW is in the late stages of its life and they're content with milking whatever is left at this stage.
    I don't think think they care about competing with FFXIV or the critical reception, it's just about continuing to receive a steady income from ~2m addicts who've played the game for the past 15 years and intend to continue forever more.

Most of the problems in the game at the moment are caused by modular design resulting in seasons and borrowed power. It's the cheapest possible design philosophy since it means everything they make can be scaled up and down to provide content and scrapped next expansion so no legacy support or world integration needed. It has Activision's stamp all over it.
    You are literally 100% wrong.
    Shareholders do not dictate your game design. It is literally down to creativity bankruptcy. Making better game literally brings you more money.
    Modular design is irrelevant and not issue at all, wow was seasonal since Vanilla.
    It has nothing to do with activision. Blizzard is at fault 95%. They lack a vision.

Blizz doesn't need any "younger talent", they need a man or woman with a strong vision and unwavering conviction on a lead designer position. So that they could actually LEAD them (and tell community to f... off). Not a wishy washy ion canon.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't think 9.3 was happening even before this lawsuit stopped everything.

They need atleast 9.2 to finish up the story but looks like it will be released in June at the earliest.
    I'm sorry, I meant 9.2. Not sure why I said 9.3. I already felt they weren't going to make a 9.3 even prior to this lawsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Check Russel's twitter to see what he really thinks of Blizzard. "Worst 12 years of my life."

And Metzen, although I like the guy, its well known that he had a drinking problem during is time at Blizzard.

The lawsuit is manly because of the "good old team" culture of Rock and Roll Superstars attitude.
    Bummer about Russell, though totally understandable when a company cuts you off out of nowhere. I love listening to his old music. Storm Peaks is one of my faves, and you can feel his absence in BfA onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Ok so you are obviously talking a whole lot of nonsense here.

Do you not know who is literally leading dreamhaven? What kind of staff is filling it up atm?
    You make it sound like Hitler is running Dreamhaven. He didn't fire the offenders, and that's bad, but he himself was not a bad guy. And yeah none of us know what he knew at the time (unless you're actually a past employee in his circle), let's give him at least the benefit of the doubt until the trial commences. Same goes for everyone else. Don't give them a free pass, but at least reserve judgement until the trial.

wow stopped being wow after wod. so if you can out do a polished version of the game wod was then don't think so..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

No.
    Younger "talents" would insert even more progressive agenda into the game to the point that it will become World of Happiness and Friendshipcraft. Basically, it will sign its death sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You're assuming there will be Blizzard to make any games next year.
    KEKW...

You think this lawsuit will do anything to Blizzard? They will just throw $$ at it, some PR stunts and after 2 years or so you will forget it existed.

It's legit same shit as Riot, they got hit by same thing - paid $$ and everyone's happy and forgot about it already. How about Ubisoft? Same shit...

If you think this will make Blizz go under, you're delusional. Not the first, not the last. In the end $$ will be paid and it will all be forgotten fast.