Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Holy shit, so basically just remove any kind of grind that exists in the game?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ofc you can stop playing,but im talking about people who dont want to stop and they naturaly expect that the service they pay a consistant fee for to deliver on that price tag,not insult the players for it

ofc the company has seen the results of this,with massive stock drops,they lost bilions at this point because of their own fault and yet they insult players for it,its truly pathetic and such a company deserves only to rott in a gutter and the people in charge to be forever shunned ouf of this industry,kfc needs some burger flippers
    Care to explain how you can be "insulted" by a subscription service?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    L O L
    The average user on mmo-champion that.

Well aCkShuAlly, I need to raid on wednesday, so the boycott can wait till Thursday.
    This actually applies to almost every protester that you see nowadays: they're down with the struggle... until you need to make personal sacrifices. It's akin to "rules for thee, but not for me" and other similar sentiments, where human nature keeps getting in the way of trendy platitudes. This is also why I can't take most outrage and spirit-of-the-age complaints seriously, as any 'personal truth' immediately gets abandoned when reality comes along and causes an individual to have to face real consequences. But I digress!

Well, it's not really a digression, as I can tie this into the topic at hand. As I've already stated earlier, I think it's perfectly reasonable for ActiBlizz to not only face up to the consequences of their actions with their employees but also their paying customers. Do I think they have the capacity to enact restitution to their customers as they once did over a decade ago? Potentially, but I don't think it'll be for any lofty motivations beyond trying to save their own bottom line while denouncing whatever is popular to denounce at the time (very akin to the previous paragraph's observation). However, I think for many people they will cancel their subscriptions out of protest. But are the recent events the cause?

Maybe yes, but probably not. The truth of the matter is that most people would gladly pay their subs and/or continue playing the game in the near future regardless of what Blizz has done or will do in the future based on one big issue: "Is Blizz selling me a product that I want to buy?" I'd surmise many subscription cancellations right now were people who were already on the fence about leaving the game, and said people were just looking for an excuse to pull the plug. While the final straw to break the camel's back may have been all the scandalous activity coming to light, the main impetus for subscription cancellations is really Blizz not providing a game that's worth the cost anymore. I'm not here to tell anyone what they should and should not do with their subscription, but I can safely guess the motivations of most of the vocal unsubscribers that cancel in outrage. Oh, I will say that making decisions based upon emotions usually doesn't end well, that's at least a PSA!

I actually canceled my subscription and am waiting for it to expire, but I did so about a week or two before all this news came down. If I felt the game was still worth the subscription, I'd still play as there's still a bunch of innocent people relying on their jobs at ActiBlizz. The allegations (which is what they still are until actually proven, despite how insanely likely they are to be true) may or may not have swayed my decision, but that's an internal discussion that I don't need to make with myself as the deed was already done prior. I feel that the culture and behavior of the select few bad apples at ActiBlizz almost certainly affected WoW's development, but I don't think it was the sole factor or even the main factor in the decline of the game's quality. There's a TON of other issues that are not morally dubious in nature that are plaguing the offices of ActiBlizz, and the game will not get better until such issues are addressed.

Again, I'd be fine with some for of restitution to the paying customers of the game for their reprehensible behavior's effects on the game development in the future... but I don't think Blizz is the sort of company anymore that would do such acts.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Thank you for saying it, we players are not victims in this, so they haven't worked (much) for a week, big whoop, we're not the ones who have to work in a horrible work environment, enduring sexual harassment on a daily basis, we might have to wait a week longer until we can complain about the next content patch, oh my, so terrible!

Mods, just lock this thread, board it up and bury it in a landfill already...
    The people in the walkout don't either. The majority of the people complaining right now don't. These are allegations from quite a while ago. Both the abused and the abusers are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You speak of "facts", and yet you write falsehoods.

Just counting the dailies you had for the outside world, WoD had one per day. Wrath of the Lich King? Well, WotLK had 3+ dailies in Borean Tundra, 3+ in Wintergrasp (if your faction controlled it), 3+ in Dragonblight, 3+ in Grizzly Hills, 3+ in Howling Fjord, and 7+ in Icecrown. So, low-balling it, that's 22 dailies available per day in Wrath.

That's 2200% more content than WoD.

Not to mention variety. In Wrath we had dailies where you had to pilot vehicles, dailies to kill X mobs, collect Y stuff from the ground... whereas WoD only had "kill mobs until bar is filled."
    Well from an efficiency standpoint the only ones that were any bit USEFUL was like the Son's of Hodir, Oracle/Frenzyheart and the Kal'uak with the Argent Tournament coming in at a later patch. The rest were basically trivialized by the Tabards and were basically just "hey look there's STUFF!" If you were 100% combat power focused only the Son's of Hodir mattered and later THEY got a tabard since wow players did what wow players do and bitched up a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The people in the walkout don't either. The majority of the people complaining right now don't. These are allegations from quite a while ago. Both the abused and the abusers are gone.
    While i have no personal experience at Blizz HQ (Then again, none of us have), i doubt the current staff would set up a walk-out if there wasn't still stuff going on, i doubt *all* the abused and abusers are gone if they still make such a ruckus about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, they can easily afford it, but why would they? You didn't pay for the game, you paid for access to the game. Your expansion cost pays for updates, your sub fee pays for access. Not to mention how much that could easily snowball if it ends up taking more time than they expect. And that's not even getting into how many people will then complain even louder when they turn the sub fee back on, because "they don't feel like anything's changed."

Stop paying the sub fee in "solidarity" with the workers, and Blizzard will just cut off access to their game. And that's entirely within their right. There's no "goodwill" that they need to show, if they decide they are going to stop the sub fee, they'll stop working on the game - Full stop. And then nobody wins.
    Why would they ? because they have to look further down the line than just now. Because the amount of money they can gain by milking the few remaining subs now is nothing compared to what they could get if they make drastic changes and get people back again.

Look at final fantasy. It was beyond dead. They dropped the sub fee, promising they would fix the game and they did. Now its thriving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well from an efficiency standpoint the only ones that were any bit USEFUL was like the Son's of Hodir, Oracle/Frenzyheart and the Kal'uak with the Argent Tournament coming in at a later patch. The rest were basically trivialized by the Tabards and were basically just "hey look there's STUFF!" If you were 100% combat power focused only the Son's of Hodir mattered and later THEY got a tabard since wow players did what wow players do and bitched up a storm.
    Even if you count only the Sons of Hodir's dailies, that's at least 500% more outdoor content than WoD. Because WoD had one daily. Sons of Hodir had, like, six or seven.

Also, your "efficiency standpoint" is faulty because you're considering only endgame. In the beginning of Wrath, the quartermasters offered not only epic quality gear, but they also offered profession patterns.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Ion shows up to each individual players home and lets you beat him with a stick for three minutes.
    Bwahaha...the ultimate in cancel culture actions.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    So here goes:
    not sure what you want them to apologies for, but if it's lawsuit related then nothing you're suggesting have anything to do with it. they are not seeking excuses for the GCD on spells, time gates or their bloated systems. they must be happy with them because if they felt sorry they wouldn't have pushed them further and further for 2 or 3 xpac in a row.

So using the word "apology" was a foobah on my part. But if any of you actually thought that I meant they should apologise to me personally, then I just feel sorry for you. Obviously I need to say it again: calling it an apology hotfix was a foobah. At best it should've been called a "player placation patch". Not an apology, because clearly nothing short of the perps' heads on a row of spikes will satisfy the actual victims or the general public.

My suggestion was merely a thought, nothing more. An idea that the Blizzard lot could have done to attempt to appease the general playerbase, perhaps even distract from what's still going on. Whether it would have worked or not is unknown. And sure, some of my suggestions were over the top, but could you have suggested anything better? Could Blizzard? (rhetorical questions; they sure can't, but maybe you have a chance)

yeah 90% of that would be devastating to the game and not even as a player I agree with most of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all of this, I laughed at

All expansion-relevant currencies have had their sources doubled. a single Ardendew Pearl now awards 70 Anima(1)
    All expansion-relevant currencies have had their prices halved. a Tier 3 Anima Conductor now costs 5000 Anima and 11 Redeemed Souls(1)
    This is just my anecdotal experience, but most people I know have already maxed out their anima needs and paid for everything. To halve the costs and double the currency makes it even less useful than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Out of all of this, I laughed at

This is just my anecdotal experience, but most people I know have already maxed out their anima needs and paid for everything. To halve the costs and double the currency makes it even less useful than before.
    From my own experience the only thing players are really struggling against is when they swap covenants and cannot use all their anima immediately, so I guess maybe if we got double the weekly souls, or double the grateful offerings.

But in truth Anima really is just so meaningless now. As someone that actively pursued all the available anima rewards from launch I had to swap covenants just to find a palce to spend it all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    So using the word "apology" was a foobah on my part. But if any of you actually thought that I meant they should apologise to me personally, then I just feel sorry for you. Obviously I need to say it again: calling it an apology hotfix was a foobah. At best it should've been called a "player placation patch". Not an apology, because clearly nothing short of the perps' heads on a row of spikes will satisfy the actual victims or the general public.

My suggestion was merely a thought, nothing more. An idea that the Blizzard lot could have done to attempt to appease the general playerbase, perhaps even distract from what's still going on. Whether it would have worked or not is unknown. And sure, some of my suggestions were over the top, but could you have suggested anything better? Could Blizzard? (rhetorical questions; they sure can't, but maybe you have a chance)
    So you admit your idea was half baked and your defense is, "could you have done better?" Brother, we didn't make this discussion topic. You did.