Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    game is as social as ever was, more in some regards, PEOPLE are less social (or actualy they are not FORCED to be more social)

about old zones being relevant, they tried in nzoth patch, do you remember how did people react to that? thats right, bitching and whining about using old zones instead of making new...
    Old zones will require a trade off I know, either making it not tied to a level but the player.

However more social?
    How the hell is LFR, LFG more social? You litteraly had to be in a guild and add non-guild players on your friendslist that you liked.
    Now you can sit in a capital or your covenant and never leave it in order to get into a vast majority of the grouped content.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    However more social?
    How the hell is LFR, LFG more social? You litteraly had to be in a guild and add non-guild players on your friendslist that you liked.
    Now you can sit in a capital or your covenant and never leave it in order to get into a vast majority of the grouped content.
    have you played classic? no lfr, no lfg, yet people did whole dungeons or raids without ever speaking more than "inv"... yet in retail i had quite lively conversations in lfr or random hc dungeons... this is not game issue its 100% people issue, people who WANT to be social absolutely can

more social bcs we have more opportunity to be social - on top of guilds we have comunities, real id, ingame voice chat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesadams1988 View Post
    Remember Warcraft III and the power your map editor and scripting language gave to the community. Entire genres of games were born. Let’s do that again but for the massively multiplayer world.
    remember when blizzard changed the map editor TOS and took ownership of everything made in it?

dozens of games exist where you can do this sort of stuff with better TOS.

ofc very few of those games have any noteworthy success because at the end of the day it's very hard to create a reward structure for such content. only games where you do it for the sake of doing it like mario maker have any real success, but that's just straight up not compatible with the wow mentality/reward loop. all the games where doing other players levels involves stealing their stuff just turns into meta gamed levels.

Yea I've played classic for about 10 years on and off.
    You totally miss the point, it was about the guild (that is social), the non-guldies by reputation or playing with them.

Ok let me ask you this, how did random grouping beat the "old way" above? Its litteraly made to not make people goto an instance and ask around if solo or in need of a certain class.

Only leniency I can give you is introduction of sharding.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-07-27 at 09:04 PM.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

Blizzard employees need to stop taking advice from the community and more from the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. An oppressive work environment will make a bad game more than any one gameplay decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    An average Joe gamer doesn't have the programming skills required to create new and interesting game systems using any kind of game engines if they have no experience with coding.
    90% of the encounters in the game use a combination of rehashed mechanics, and at the very core there aren't that many unique mechanics. spread/stack, stand/don't stand in effect, run away/run towards, couple variants on dispel and taunt mechanics. most you can think of already exists in one form or another.

a good level editor could get creative people a long way. (and there really is no shortage of people who can code in the wow community, especially if it can be kept to lua/WA levels.)

aside from the sheer scope of building a good editor, i really don't think the problem with a feature like this would be the technical feasibility. the problem would be just about everything else.

+ we already know they basically have map editor level tools for a bunch of things, so half the work has already been done by the tools team.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-07-27 at 09:12 PM.

Legendary!
    lol one of the worst MMO things I can imagine is an MMO designed by Blizzard fans. That's probably why most of them like WildStar shut down super fast.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesadams1988 View Post
    Release the SDK

Do it…

This is the best way possible to save this game. Have the team build a user friendly map editor ,raid builder, and blizzard rentable servers to use for custom servers with custom everything. I’m talking giving almost a full total conversion level mod kit. Revitalize the game by giving it to your fan base. The community is incredibly creative and will definitely revitalize your game similar to Skyrim but even more so.

Remember Warcraft III and the power your map editor and scripting language gave to the community. Entire genres of games were born. Let’s do that again but for the massively multiplayer world.

Become the equivalent of the mmo in ready player one.

Go all in on the tech and hosting side. Make the best most expandable most customizable interface.

Or if you want to play the long game. Form a partnership with epic and build out the infrastructure and mechanics to utilize unreal engine level games with your data structure and interface additions. Still do the tech and hosting too.

Plz plz plz it would be the best. And once you get your house back in order we can keep going with the main story at least in the Warcraft servers.
    I do not know what an SDK is, but i agree.
    If they would, somehow, make a feature which would allow players to make their own zones, quests, puzzles, dungeons, raid, battlegrounds and arenas, using existing assets, for other players to test and enjoy, that would be great.

Have a look at my proposed features and changes thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...be-implemented
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.