Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    None of that is particularly difficult nor time consuming.

People really overestimate the difficulty of self sufficiency, when it really only exists in purely RNG group content (Eureka, Bozja, maps, etc).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The restrictions are there for a good reason. You being inconvenienced by just being required to play the game a bit more to accomplish your task is a complete non-issue.

I levelled all my crafters to 60 self-sufficiently. It's hardly difficult and Changes to professions in ShB and Levequests make it brain dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Heaven forbid someone not want to spend that many hours doing something they don't really want to do, for a side quest they just wanted to check out.
    Heaven forbid someone be mildly inconvenienced by playing a completely free game.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Heaven forbid someone be mildly inconvenienced by playing a completely free game.
    You're trolling if you think the amount of time and effort it would take to do all that would be a "mild inconvenience."

I understand where you're coming from, because yeah he's playing it for free and should be happy with what he can experience for free, but implying that because it's free that it shouldn't be frustrating that he would be required to spend a SIGNIFICANT amount of time to complete the quest while a subscriber can bypass that time in just a couple minutes is a little bonkers.

As I said in my original post that you're quoting:
    I completely understand the need for the limitations, I'm not at all arguing they should be changed or lifted, just clarifying why I understand why a free trial player would get frustrated with them in this particular case.

I think OP should be happy and relieved that even though he's not willing to actually buy the game, he has a path to do an optional transmog quest via crafting mats himself.

Maybe he will find that he actually enjoys crafting in FF14, which is a game unto itself.

Hey all,

What is needed to pre-order the Endwalker expansion?

Can I just buy the game, then pre-order it?

Or do I need to buy the game, current expansion before I can pre-order it?

Thanks,

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Think you need the complete collection to can preorder...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    at minimum starter edition (ARR+HW) and Endwalker on top, because Endwalker includes Stormblood + Shadowbringer

the smallprint in the shop is abit confusing:
    This product also includes Stormblood and Shadowbringers expansion packs, which will only be provided when Endwalker is officially released.

last part would mean all the SB+ShB features are not live before Endwalker release. uuuuh no Viera or Hrothgar or dancer and samurai for you until nov 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    at minimum starter edition (ARR+HW) and Endwalker on top, because Endwalker includes Stormblood + Shadowbringer

the smallprint in the shop is abit confusing:
    This product also includes Stormblood and Shadowbringers expansion packs, which will only be provided when Endwalker is officially released.

last part would mean all the SB+ShB features are not live before Endwalker release. uuuuh no Viera or Hrothgar or dancer and samurai for you until nov 19 ?
    23, preorder code doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    up until now i hadn't really felt or cared about the limitations of the free trial, because the stuff i was doing either didn't have any restrictions, or if it was restricted in some way it didn't impact on my gameplay, however, i picked up a quest called 'a relic reborn', as i understand it this is the first 'relic weapon' quest the game had and is really only done for cosmetic reasons, however as i'm a free trial player there's not much for me to really do once i finish the main quests etc, upon starting this quest i was able to do the first step pretty easily without much/any hassle whatsoever, then step 2 comes along, and in order to progress past this stage i need to stop playing my main job (summoner) and level 3 different crafting/gathering jobs simultaneously in order to obtain the item this second step of the quest is asking me to, all because the free trial has no access to any market boards and is unable to trade with any other player in the game, after asking a kind person to check the market for the item i needed, it would have only cost me 16k gil, which is well within my budget to afford, due to both real world financial issues preventing me from just buying the game outright and not having to deal with this limitation, i do feel like banning trading is fine, but not having access to the market is a little bit much, i know the reason behind it is to likely stop people from abusing the economy etc, but that said if trading is left as a banned action then why (outside of a coding problem) is the market restriction in place?, sigh i'm just pissed that in order to finish this quest i need to spend 4x as much time levelling 'alt jobs' in order to craft the stuff i need due to an inability to fast track through it with money.
    compare it to WOW F2P where you are capped at level 20
    - no mail
    - no trading
    - no AH
    - not allowed to make groups
    - no talk, except in dungeons and BGs
    - no whispering, you can reply to whispers only
    - say or bubble chat is not seen by high level players
    - yell chat same as above to prevent F2P from asking for ports, help or rides
    - gold capped at 1000g, was 10g prior to SL

i see alot of ex WOW influencers giving serious praise on what is F2P for FFxiv. i agree. i seriously think blizzard needs to consider expanding its F2P program for WOW, keep same restrictions but bump it to 40-50 range like FF did
    Last edited by pinkz; 2021-10-25 at 03:44 AM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    23, preorder code doesn't count.
    so what will happen on 19th with preorders ? there should be some advantage, not just the precious performance of sun, moon+earth available to the americas.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    so what will happen on 19th with preorders ? there should be some advantage, not just the precious performance of sun, moon+earth available to the americas.
    Well, people who have ShB should be able to start early on EW, but IIRC from last launch you couldn't access HW and SB until you entered the full key (because all preorder keys are "the same")

Thanks all, so it works something like wow, where the base game includes all except the most recent expansion.