Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Weekly chest dilemma

The stupidity of the options for weekly chest, if you are a regular Heroic raider at this point
    -239 Dom socketed option loot
    -252 weapon or something 13 ilvls higher than raid loot.

There needs to be a solution to this, at least give us the option for raid pieces and M+ dungeon at this point. The inequality of H raid vs 4 easy completions of 15s is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    The stupidity of the options for weekly chest, if you are a regular Heroic raider at this point

There needs to be a solution to this, at least give us the option for raid pieces and M+ dungeon at this point. The inequality of H raid vs 4 easy completions of 15s is astounding.
    In the past expansions I would totally disagree tbh, but now that heroic is an absolute nightmare in difficulty vs how damn easy M+ is this season: I agree 100%

Raid vault should be 1/3/7 imo. Also, there should be an item to add dom sockets to applicable gear slots, purchasable with the raid currency.

Picking a 252 m+ item knowing that you'll replace it by a HC one with a Dom socket once rngesus rewards you feels bad.
    Last edited by Skavee; 2021-07-27 at 03:01 PM.

You take the item you benefit most from, no matter the ilvl. What exactly is the problem?

What we are now observing is exactly why tier sets can't work with weekly chests/vaults and other such systems. You just can't have powerful effects exclusive to one source when people are gearing up through rewards based on the collective of all systems in the game. This is gonna get even worse when the actual tier sets are back next tier, as has been 'promised' in the past.

I haven't gotten a domination socket item in the vault yet, but when I get that and also 252 ilvl items from m+, I don't even know what I should pick, cause I want to do better in both m+ and raid alike. I suspect that in m+, 252 dungeon items are gonna be better, and in the raid, the 239 domination items are gonna be better. It's just another layer of needless calculating and simming added on top of everything else.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You take the item you benefit most from, no matter the ilvl. What exactly is the problem?
    That's a contradiction.
    Why should I take 252 Vers/Mastery over 246 Haste/Crit, which is what I need?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    That's a contradiction.
    Why should I take 252 Vers/Mastery over 246 Haste/Crit, which is what I need?
    it's not a contradiction..
    Take the item you benefit most from, no matter the ilvl.
    So if you get more benefit from a 246, you take a 246

If you get more benefit from a 239, you take a 239, even if there's a 252 option

People like to point out its BETTER THAN BFA AND LEGION!!!!

No. No it is not.

Granted you have 3 options you can work toward, but its still random. However Legion and BFA had a better system because you could get a Weekly PVP chest, and a Weekly Mythic + chest

With the Vault, we get more options, but less items overall.

Funny enough, on the Beta, it was set up so you could have one of each option. It was meant to encourage you to do all the content the game had to offer, but it was ultimately scrapped for the current system we had now because of Ion's excuse that "LOOT SHOULD BE MORE MEANINGFUL" when in reality it was done to slow down the Mythic raid guilds.

Yeah this isn't fun, and numerous people in my guild refuse to open their vault until after our 2 raid nights, which I find toxic.
    In your example, let's say a 252 off-dom piece drops and a Heroic dom piece. You'd be veeery tempted to just not even choose an option, see if the dom piece drops organically and then pick the 252, or if nothing drops bite the bullet and take the dom slot which is generally a far more powerful item.

I'll admit I'm not bothered by this, I got stupidly lucky with 4 dom pieces in the first 2 weeks and all 9 gems by the end of the 3rd.
    3set is a hell of a drug, Blood is underrated as hell for dps.

just sim it and don't pay attention to ilvl or anything else

200 IQ idea:

you make 2 new item slots where old wands/relicts where, one for legendary effects and one for the tier set effect (you need to upgrade this slot with drops from the raid just like 2 / 4 set boni).
    Also, the set effect can be worked towards outside the raid.

Boom, recrafting problems we had gone, useless items because your set/legendary is in them gone, weekly chest problems gone.

I would pat myself on the back and say hire me Blizz but due to recent events please don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    it's not a contradiction..

So if you get more benefit from a 246, you take a 246

If you get more benefit from a 239, you take a 239, even if there's a 252 option
    Blizz has stated numerous times, as a design goal, highest item level(4+ afaik) should ALWAYS be the right choice. Thats what they say and what they want themselves. So it definitely is a real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Blizz has stated numerous times, as a design goal, highest item level(4+ afaik) should ALWAYS be the right choice. Thats what they say and what they want themselves. So it definitely is a real issue.
    The fact they want that to be true doesn't make it true, and it gets less true with A) set bonus's and B) The later into the expansion you get. With DR on stats, ilvl gets less impactful compared to correct stats or triggered weapons/trinkets as the expansion goes on.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I’ll take the current system which roughly equalizes heroic raid loot and great vault mythic 15 loot.

Last season Heroic Denathrius was a chance at a 220 for a limited number of slots, yet a +15 that wasn’t even timed gave a guaranteed 226 and wasn’t limited to a loot table with 3-5 items on it.

Yet Heroic Denathrius was IMO at least three times harder than not timing a Mists 15.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Its almost like mythic plus is supposed to make it easier for heroic and mythic raiders to progress as the season goes on, not complete their bis in as few steps as possible

How is that a dilemma, though? Take the weapon, since you won't be replacing it for quite some time (assuming heroic raiding is what you're progressing on at the moment) and just wait for the dom socket piece to drop in the raid.

1 M+ 15 gives 252 loot. Maybe 30 min tops. But to get a box for doing mythic raids, you need 3 kills...hours of prog, weeks for many, and even after prog, likely far more than 30 min of time to kill 3 bosses and their included trash. It's ridiculous. When one's limited time is spent raiding, this really is a slap in the face.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-07-28 at 05:54 AM.

4 easy completions of 15s is astounding.
    Hey look, an elitist. 15s are so easy, even my dead grandmother does them +3.
    WTF is wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They really should've fucking thought about that before making domination gems then, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    1 M+ 15 gives 252 loot. Maybe 30 min tops. But to get a box for doing mythic raids, you need 3 kills...hours of prog, weeks for many, and even after prog, likely far more than 30 min of time to kill 3 bosses and their included trash. It's ridiculous. When one's limited time is spent raiding, this really is a slap in the face.
    Getting carried through the first free loot raid bosses in most raid tiers is much easier, as first getting into weekly M+ groups and second finishing a weekly M+. People get heroic raid spots with ilvl that would have been to low to get invited into S1 weekly M+ keys in last season.

Lets not prettend that the first bosses in heroic needed any kind of progression. Its free loot even with reroll happy social raiders in your group.

The question as a heroic only raider is still, if you even want to waste your time for loot that you would replace over time with M+ vault loot.

At some point in gearing spending time for 10/10 keys for more gearing choices, instead of wasting time with a social/heroic raid group for a few boss kills might be simply not worth it.
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-07-28 at 06:38 AM.
    -