Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So she offed her children to help her sister.....I would hate to live in the warcraft universe.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2021-07-27 at 07:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You know.. you aren't helping her case here.

"At least the people I committed genocide against went to heaven!"
    Elune didn't commit genocide.

I don't know why people are suddenly thinking Elune had the power to save tens of thousands of night elves, something she's never had the power to do before at any point in night elf history. And something we already knew she didn't do, because she... didn't do it.

It's not like we're only finding out about Teldrassil now.

She gave night elves the comfort of slumber as they died, and let the souls pass on to the Shadowlands instead of tethering them to Azeroth as wisps. That's the extent of her role in Teldrassil.

I mean, Christ, guys. Criticize the story all you want, Blizzard are terrible at telling overarching narratives. But at least criticize the story as it's presented, not some completely made up shit in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    "Hey sister, I did try to help you. I sent souls to you." "Umm... the maw got them." "Oh no. My chosen people."

Calling them chosen after literally saying you let them die...
    Listen to the dialogue properly: "in the wake of a tragedy, I send forth the cascade of souls of my chosen people."

She did not orchestrate the genocide of Night elves. And it seems like they were never meant to go to Shadowlands, she sent them to her sister willingly. She did not know that they would end up in maw.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like that video in general, but i'm actually feeling good we finally get Elune officially in warcraft universe
    sadly that debunks the naruu theory that i was big supporter of it, but i like that part is finally clear, hopefully NO FUCKING SHITCONS EVER on this
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Elune didn't commit genocide.

I don't know why people are suddenly thinking Elune had the power to save tens of thousands of night elves, something she's never had the power to do before at any point in night elf history. And something we already knew she didn't do, because she... didn't do it.

It's not like we're only finding out about Teldrassil now.

She gave night elves the comfort of slumber as they died, and let the souls pass on to the Shadowlands instead of tethering them to Azeroth as wisps. That's the extent of her role in Teldrassil.

I mean, Christ, guys. Criticize the story all you want, Blizzard are terrible at telling overarching narratives. But at least criticize the story as it's presented, not some completely made up shit in your head.
    As much as I like warcraft there is no defending the writers team on this ...

It still leads to the massive genocide of the Night Elves though. Like I know, it actually fits. But the problem is that this didn't have to happen in the first place. They didn't have to go this way. And every single patch and cinematic reminds of that.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    "Yeah... I let all those elves die so the souls would keep you fed so I did help--- wait WHAT! ...they WENT WHERE? .........fuuuuuck, so that was a bad move on my part."

Omnipotent god-like being wasn't aware of what was going on in the afterlife.

But I guess this would be worse if Elune said "yeah, I knew the souls were going to go to the Maw, because I knew my children would come to you and aid you, so it's all apart of my plan"
    Guess Xal'atath was right when she called her an upstart godess xD

10+ Year Old Account

Teldrassil: Horde absolved of all sin [spoilers]

So basically the Horde was the instrument of Elune's will in the burning of Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So basically the Horde was the instrument of Elune's will in the burning of Teldrassil.
    No. What Elune did was take the souls that would otherwise have become Wisps and redirected them to the Shadowlands, where under normal circumstances, they might have wound up in Ardenweald, but instead wound up in The Maw.

Steven needs his wife to come out of this looking well, she is the protagonist after all.

Well, no. I mean I'm a Horde main but that's not what she said. Elune didn't intervene because her sister needed souls to help. I think the real takeaway is that "the cycle" is all the same to Elune, life or death, for her 'favored children', that they are no worse off being renewed in Ardenweald than on the mortal plane. Which is a helluva lot to swallow seeing as she had at least something to do with them being literally immortal for a good long while, but it's also a much different thing than actually her (or the writers) excusing burning Teldrassil, which they did not do.

Commenters here are as slow/inept as they on wowhead.

Wow lore is the poop but no excuse for being unable to repeat dialogue/understand what’s going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong section, and no, Horde is not absolved of all sin.

They still set the tree on fire, Elune could've stopped it but she didn't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They are in no way absolved of their personal responsibility, they choose to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Commenters here are as slow/inept as they on wowhead.

Wow lore is the poop but no excuse for being unable to repeat dialogue/understand what’s going on.
    Bruh not even Taliesin is defending this storytelling, you can just admit your cost is sunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    We finally hear Elune herself talk! Through Tyrande as her avatar. Its not ambiguous - its Elune.
    This is huge. How many years have we waited for this moment!

Elune has interacted / interfered very little over the years. She shielded Tyrande during Wc3. She shielded us, the players, during the Archimonde fight during TBC. She saved Ysera's soul from the Nightmare during Legion. But thats pretty much it.. in like 20 freaking years worth of warcraft - it's still literally only a handful of times where we can talk about Elune herself directly interacting with us or in our presence.

Your thoughts/reaction? Interesting we got this in a mid-expansion mid-covenant campaign cutscene. I wouldve expected something like this moment with Elune to be a movie CGI cinematic / end of raid tier / climax of entire expansion story type reveal.

Interesting quote from the Primus at the end of this questline, "The Winter Queen is bound to her counterpart in the realms of Life. Together, they embody the balance of the great cycle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Elune speaks to you at one of her shrines in Ashenvale in the original classic. But I think it's text instead of a voice actress.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should just pull a lore ripcord and we wake up right after SOO with all 4 olg gods active and alive with Black Empire expansion... and everything up to SL was just a bad dream

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bruh not even Taliesin is defending this storytelling, you can just admit your cost is sunk.
    I’m not defending the story. I am insulting the people who can’t understand information as it was told to them seconds prior, who can’t remember what they did in quests, who can’t understand that actors in a story are not omniscient, and that omniscience for a reader makes the story as boring as an encyclopedia.

Cope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Elune didn't start the fire, nor the entire war. She could step in, but she didn't. Teldrassil is still on Horde and Sylvi. Calm your pitchfork.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Not just absolved of Teldrassil. Absolved of Gilneas too. Since Sylvanas had her soul split, who knows how many other Forsaken were personally slain by Frostmourne and thus had their soul split too? So remember Jim, the butcher who killed Gilnean kids? He's absolved too because he had his soul split. Remember Bob the mad apothecary who created a blight nuke that launched on Gilneas? He's absolved too because he had his soul split. Remember General Whats-His-Name who enslaved the people of the Gilnean village and forced them to work in a mine? He's absolved too because he had his soul split.

This expansion can essentially be renamed to "WhitewashLands".