Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
LastLast
  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    @Houle @Feanoro yo guys, remember when some people compared WoW to Tolkien /facepalm
    Guys we will be direct.
    WoW does not reach MLP writing level at the moment.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    apparently, Shandris and Tyrande are fine with it (or will be) https://twitter.com/Nobbel87/status/1426250681300787202
    @Super Dickmann check this out. Looks like we've finally introduced every Alliance leader into the cult.

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And this is, folks, how WoW lore is from now on. No vengeance, no hostility, no anger, no animosity; Just love, peace and compassion.
    Jeez... sounds great -_-
    It has been this way for a while now. The only conflict we see in the game is brought about by individual malicious actors or secret organizations while the Horde and Alliance only stumble into conflict. They can't tell a story where the war between Horde and Alliance is actually justified because that would imply that one side is in the wrong and that there would be consequences. Even when one of the factions does something like the Burning of Teldrassil it inevitably all gets blamed on one person and the rest are forgiven as they're holding hands and singing Kumbaya with the survivors of the genocide they just committed.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-08-16 at 09:12 AM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    @Super Dickmann check this out. Looks like we've finally introduced every Alliance leader into the cult.



    It has been this way for a while now. The only conflict we see in the game is brought about by individual malicious actors or secret organizations while the Horde and Alliance only stumble into conflict. They can't tell a story where the war between Horde and Alliance is actually justified because that would imply that one side is in the wrong and that there would be consequences. Even when one of the factions does something like the Burning of Teldrassil it inevitably all gets blamed on one person and the rest are forgiven as they're holding hands and singing Kumbaya with the survivors of the genocide they just committed.
    Blizz would rather let whole WoW collapse into dust and ruin then make Horde feel the consequences of their actions (and i dont mean a stern talk from Varian or temporary good guy leadership which gets replaced one expansion later).

    So yeah, consequences not allowed “in the dojo”.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Elune talks! .... And boy howdy do I wish she would've just remained silent, expressing herself through action and symbolism, because it's terrifying to think one of the setting's primary gods has the intellectual capacity and critical thinking of a stoned teenager.
    She fucken Nigerian Prince’d herself while also damning her “favored” race to the Maw.

    Worst i did when stoned and tennage was forgetting about the dishes in the sink and flooding the kitchen.

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    @Super Dickmann check this out. Looks like we've finally introduced every Alliance leader into the cult.
    The gap in the circle has been sealed, the last strawman vanquished. The Unifaction is now complete. Geyarah and Talanji aside but let's face it Blizz forgot they existed by now. Honestly, it was always a formality and this ending was always a foregone conclusion. Tyrande never once performed a single anti-Horde action that wasn't in self-defense.

    In other news, this shit can't stop shooting itself in the foot. They were left with the golden opportunity that is acknowledging that Elune didn't do anything because she never did anything on a large scale even with the world if not universe at stake. She didn't do anything large-scale with the Shifting Sands and War of the Ancients and that her not moving re: Teldrassil never required an explanation they're instead tying themselves in knots. But once you personify a god as some absent-minded bint who didn't check the filing address you have to cover questions like this and now you also retroactively have to cover her mindset back then.

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The gap in the circle has been sealed, the last strawman vanquished. The Unifaction is now complete. Geyarah and Talanji aside but let's face it Blizz forgot they existed by now. Honestly, it was always a formality and this ending was always a foregone conclusion. Tyrande never once performed a single anti-Horde action that wasn't in self-defense.

    In other news, this shit can't stop shooting itself in the foot. They were left with the golden opportunity that is acknowledging that Elune didn't do anything because she never did anything on a large scale even with the world if not universe at stake. She didn't do anything large-scale with the Shifting Sands and War of the Ancients and that her not moving re: Teldrassil never required an explanation they're instead tying themselves in knots. But once you personify a god as some absent-minded bint who didn't check the filing address you have to cover questions like this and now you also retroactively have to cover her mindset back then.
    Really I just wanted Tyrande to point out that this is at least the third time Shandris has witnessed her homeland destroyed with massive loss of life so at this point she shouldn't be surprised any more.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    @Super Dickmann check this out. Looks like we've finally introduced every Alliance leader into the cult.



    It has been this way for a while now. The only conflict we see in the game is brought about by individual malicious actors or secret organizations while the Horde and Alliance only stumble into conflict. They can't tell a story where the war between Horde and Alliance is actually justified because that would imply that one side is in the wrong and that there would be consequences. Even when one of the factions does something like the Burning of Teldrassil it inevitably all gets blamed on one person and the rest are forgiven as they're holding hands and singing Kumbaya with the survivors of the genocide they just committed.


    Couldn't have said it better.

    That's the problem of the writing. You can't just force players to renounce their hatreds just because you, as a developer, feel that embracement is the trend now.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post


    Couldn't have said it better.

    That's the problem of the writing. You can't just force players to renounce their hatreds just because you, as a developer, feel that embracement is the trend now.
    Well, actually they can and it's what they're doing right now. Better fasten your seat belt.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  8. #748
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post


    Couldn't have said it better.

    That's the problem of the writing. You can't just force players to renounce their hatreds just because you, as a developer, feel that embracement is the trend now.
    The problem is that they want to force us. Instead of giving us good reasons to leave our hatred behind.

    ______
    On another topic. If we have to assume that Tyrande and Shandris are fine like dying and assume that it is not such a big problem. Why don't they kill each other? Total. It seems that life on the other side is better and it is his duty to forgive the Horde for what it is.

    If they kill each other they will have a really bright future and all problems solved.

    This is the trouble that now death has no value. That Tyrande and Shandris think Elune let them die and they both think it was okay.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, actually they can and it's what they're doing right now. Better fasten your seat belt.
    They really can't. That's why a lot of people are Leaving WoW.

  9. #749
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, actually they can and it's what they're doing right now. Better fasten your seat belt.
    *unfastens seatbelt*
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That wasn't so hard was it? You could have saved yourself a lot of time had you not try to gotcha me.
    lol that is your response. You clearly suggeted that Elune had a part in any of it. ( the thing we where discussing). So neither of us has gotcha eachother.
    Was even never my intent.

    So again, you suggeted with your comment. That Elune had something to do with it. But they get killed by the horde. You know, the next part you try to ingore :P

  11. #751
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    apparently, Shandris and Tyrande are fine with it (or will be) https://twitter.com/Nobbel87/status/1426250681300787202

    GOAT tier right there.

    can't wait to see Tyrande shaking hands with Sylvanas.

    @Houle @Feanoro yo guys, remember when some people compared WoW to Tolkien /facepalm
    bwahahahaha i love this. its such utter garbage, they have to be trolling at this point. i cant imagine anyone writing or approving this with a straight face.

    and anyone who compares WoW to Tolkien should seriously stop reading fantasy entirely, cause they obviously missed something. its like comparing mcdonalds to a high class restaurant: maybe you dont know shit about food and should stop acting like you do.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  12. #752
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    They really can't. That's why a lot of people are Leaving WoW.
    They are on a fast track to have no more faction/racial tensions in Warcraft, they won't flip that just to get back some angry aging players.

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They are on a fast track to have no more faction/racial tensions in Warcraft, they won't flip that just to get back some angry aging players.
    Not really. This ensures that the conflict will not go away anymore.
    The fast track was to never do BFA.

  14. #754
    Herald of the Titans Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    2,605
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    lol that is your response. You clearly suggeted that Elune had a part in any of it. ( the thing we where discussing). So neither of us has gotcha eachother.
    Was even never my intent.

    So again, you suggeted with your comment. That Elune had something to do with it. But they get killed by the horde. You know, the next part you try to ingore :P
    If I claimed that the Horde was Elume's instrument, that means I'm acknowledging it.

  15. #755
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    If I claimed that the Horde was Elume's instrument, that means I'm acknowledging it.
    And i said we know to little about Elune. She maybe did help the horde, or she did not. Maybe she is fighting other big bads like the shadow lords. Or maybe Elune is secretly Zovaal. Or maybe even sylvannas?

    And that is my whole problem with all this Elune talk. We know nothing. We know a little bit of her power. So claiming a big thing that changes the whole narrative of the story is not only silly. but stupid if you do it without facts etc behind it.

  16. #756
    Jesus Christ...

    After reading the dialogue between Tyrande and Shandris afterwards... what the fuck are Blizzard's writers even fucking DOING?!?

    They literally had an INCREDIBLE opportunity to create real, believable drama and tension in the story, having Tyrande become bitter towards Elune for choosing to aid the Winter Queen over her own people, but instead some joke of a "writer" decides the most natural reaction for Tyrande is... "actually, since Elune wanted a mass genocide to happen, Tyrande is totally cool with it".

    Man, I really wanted to hold out SOME kind of hope, but Blizzard's writers are truly, truly fucking incompetent. The entire story is absolutely nonsensical at this point. The story is a straight-up embarrassment. It's abundantly clear that there is no vision for the game's setting or story, whoever IS writing clearly has no clue how to tell a story... like, where the hell is Christie Golden? I KNOW that she knows how to tell a coherent story -- is she just getting road-blocked at Blizzard? Is the story just open for literally anyone to contribute? Is there some idiot with no idea about the Lore just calling the shots, and saying "I want an emotional scene with Sylvanas and then PLOT TWIST she turns on the Jailer", and Christie Golden simply has to do her best with the steaming pile of shit she's given?

    Because that's exactly what Warcraft Lore has become; a steaming pile of shit. There are some many FUNDAMENTAL WRITING MISTAKES, that it honestly would not shock me if they said "well, the Janitor wanted to take a stab at writing a scene, so we just gave them totally free reigns to add this little scene", because there's no way anyone with even a PASSING interest would write a scene so completely unbelievable.

    At this point, they really would be better off just wiping the slate clean, and saying "everything that's happened since Vanilla is now non-canon". Just let the story play out that Jailer "unmakes reality" or whatever the fuck, and then take either Wrath Classic or "Classic Refresh" and go a different route with the story. Personally, I wouldn't have made Illidan or Kael'thas villains, I'd have let Arthas and Ner'zhul live (somehow un-merged), and have everyone facing off a true invasion from the Burning Legion.

  17. #757
    So apparently not only Sylvanas sees nelf tree burning as as act of greater good because life doesn’t matter. But also the ultimate almighty Elune too. I wonder if Alliance is choking hard at that and the fact that Sylvanas is just smart and cool character.

  18. #758
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    garbage as usual.
    this.

    i play wow since over 16 years without interruption. read all the books until Illidan. i didnt had some mind orgasm when i watched that Nightwarrior/Elune nonsense. its just another strip of cheap shit writing and definitely not created that wooohooo effect for me, that OP obviously had.

    but thats just my opinion ofc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So apparently not only Sylvanas sees nelf tree burning as as act of greater good because life doesn’t matter. But also the ultimate almighty Elune too. I wonder if Alliance is choking hard at that and the fact that Sylvanas is just smart and cool character.
    to be fair here: does life really matter, after playing an afterlife expansion? i mean, Blizzard factually devalued life in the second, they released SL. „omg i dont wanna die! no worries, you keep doing adventures in Ardenweald.“ hmmm…

  19. #759
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    to be fair here: does life really matter, after playing an afterlife expansion? i mean, Blizzard factually devalued life in the second, they released SL. „omg i dont wanna die! no worries, you keep doing adventures in Ardenweald.“ hmmm…
    That is the point.
    Ok if I accept that Teldrassil is fine. Let's stop fighting. There is nothing worth defending.

    Sargeras wants to end life. But this is worthless if it is for a greater good.

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    That is the point.
    Ok if I accept that Teldrassil is fine. Let's stop fighting. There is nothing worth defending.

    Sargeras wants to end life. But this is worthless if it is for a greater good.
    in the end it all comes down to 2 simple things:

    - wow is 16 years old. and when running out of ideas, companies do shit like this.
    - horrible cheap shit bad writing.

    simple as that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •