Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bruh if your story momentum is being sustained entirely by the fact otherwise competent people suddenly forgot how to brain, chances are it's a shit story.
    who in this video forgot "how to brain" other than some people comenting?

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    It might be a case of something like pledges, that is if you pledge to a certain being you go to that afterlife, and in this case, that realm of shadowlands. So the trolls pledged to Bwonsamdi go to de other side even with the arbiter checking them. In this example Elune earmarked them for landing in ardenwaeld.
    That would completely invalidate the Arbiter's role though. That is, if what we're being told about her is true. It might be that we're all just designed to be walking anima vessels and the covenants / whatever can just go about and mark souls for personal gain later, and those which are not marked get redistributed between all afterlives...

... which wouldn't really surprise me, tbh. We can see it with Bwonsamdi and trolls, apparently Elune and the Elves (although it seems the assignment must still be done by the Arbiter, otherwise a soul defaults to being sent to the Maw), the Jailer and Domination magic (Frostmourne's victims)... naaah it still makes no sense since Bwonsamdi has no issue bringing troll souls to the Other Side. So why did Elune fail and he doesn't? Like, if the elven souls ended up in the Maw, they must have come into the Shadowlands through the soul stream visible in Oribos. So is Bwonsamdi cheating and taking the troll souls directly one by one?

Sigh, I hate the modern WoW lore. Always more questions than answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    who in this video forgot "how to brain" other than some people comenting?
    I guess you could say Elune kind of forgot about the Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!"

HMMMM
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

and where would she get the information that arbiter is not working and that souls go straight to maw?
    she seems to have very little information about shadowlands, what little she have she get about the drought from her sister winter queen who DIDNT KNOW why the drought exist - until we finished revendreth campaign and tell her, which happened LONG after teldrasil...

and where would she get the information that arbiter is not working and that souls go straight to maw?
    Clearly she could've checked Wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno maybe the fact that the level of permeability of information between the Shadowlands and the rest of the universe seems to be entirely arbitrary as evidenced by the Brokers and every deity and their dog interfering with the Arbiter's process anyway.

Lol. Don't try and justify something using the diegesis when the rules of said diegesis are massively inconsistent.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    That would completely invalidate the Arbiter's role though. That is, if what we're being told about her is true. It might be that we're all just designed to be walking anima vessels and the covenants / whatever can just go about and mark souls for personal gain later, and those which are not marked get redistributed between all afterlives...

... which wouldn't really surprise me, tbh. We can see it with Bwonsamdi and trolls, apparently Elune and the Elves (although it seems the assignment must still be done by the Arbiter, otherwise a soul defaults to being sent to the Maw), the Jailer and Domination magic (Frostmourne's victims)... naaah it still makes no sense since Bwonsamdi has no issue bringing troll souls to the Other Side. So why did Elune fail and he doesn't? Like, if the elven souls ended up in the Maw, they must have come into the Shadowlands through the soul stream visible in Oribos. So is Bwonsamdi cheating and taking the troll souls directly one by one?

Sigh, I hate the modern WoW lore. Always more questions than answers.
    Not really. Sure some souls would be pledged to certain realms (like how that one paladin in Wotlk went to the light afterlife), but by and large most people while having some faith probably aren't pledging to go to them after death, in fact Bwonsamdi is one of the firsts that I can recall to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    To be fair, from Elune's point of view death isn't necessarily a bad thing, seeing as your soul is supposed to end in the fairy zone in the shadowlands. It only seems bad to mortals/us because we don't know what happens afterwards.
    Yeah basically this. From Elunes point of view she's just transferring the elves to another place so they can all help out there instead and live their immortal "lives" in peace as part of the forest of Ardenweald. It's a convenient consequence of how much they've cheapened the whole death concept, now that it's basically another dimension of existence rather than a strict "afterlife".

If she's that powerful and knows what problems were happening in Ardenweald, it's dumb she had no clue that everyone's been ending up in the maw this whole time though.

Maybe after they're free from the Maw she'll just bring them back to Teldrassil again and we'll have a revolving door of death.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-07-27 at 06:16 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I should note that post wasn't in reply to you. Sorry, still learning the quote system in this darn place. x)!

I dunno maybe the fact that the level of permeability of information between the Shadowlands and the rest of the universe seems to be entirely arbitrary as evidenced by the Brokers and every deity and their dog interfering with the Arbiter's process anyway.

Lol. Don't try and justify something using the diegesis when the rules of said diegesis are massively inconsistent.
    yeah, brokers who are DIRECTLY IN ORIBOS know whats going on in oribos... on the other hand, Odyn had to sacrifice eye to GLIMPSE into shadowlands...
    but somehow Elune, who is not even in shadowlands, should have precise information unknown even to covenant leaders... yep, would make total sense...

im not justifying anything, im saying it makes sense if you actualy THINK about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, brokers who are DIRECTLY IN ORIBOS know whats going on in oribos... on the other hand, Odyn had to sacrifice eye to GLIMPSE into shadowlands...
    You do realise this is an admission of the inconsistency in said rules, yeah?

but somehow Elune, who is not even in shadowlands, should have information unknown even to covenant leaders... yep, would make total sense...
    This just makes the covenant leaders also part of the idiot plot, lol.

It makes perfect sense, yes; provided all the characters are stupid and never use the means they have available to resolve the plot tension because, well... it would resolve the plot tension.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    (like how that one paladin in Wotlk went to the light afterlife)
    Not really sure what you mean by "light afterlife", but if you meant a place somewhere in the Shadowlands then I wouldn't be so sure. As we learned, the Naaru come from a different plane entirely and they kind of dislike the Shadowlands so I can't see them just sending a soul away there (neither can I see any reason why would they be able to do that). If anything, that soul (or whatever else Naaru / the Light can claim) went to the "Light realm" (whatever that is).

I don't think genocide is an appropriate word for a god that is shifting their subjects between some realms. It's not your place to step into the shoes of your god. You fundamentally don't have the perspective to judge your god's decisions. It's like yelling at nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune to Night Elves: "Nothing personal, it's just business."

You do realise this is an admission of the inconsistency in said rules, yeah?
    how is people IN the realm of death knowing whats going IN the realm of death, and others dealing with someone there to get some information inconsistent?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    I don't think genocide is an appropriate word for a god that is shifting their subjects between some realms. It's not your place to step into the shoes of your god. You fundamentally don't have the perspective to judge your god's decisions. It's like yelling at nature.
    Read: "Never question your superiors or try to seek restitution when you have felt you've been wronged, because those above you are there because they know better than you."

Seems kinda topical considering which company is producing this plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    YIf she's that powerful and knows what problems were happening in Ardenweald, it's dumb she had no clue that everyone's been ending up in the maw this whole time though.
    Which poses another question: where the hell is she and what is she doing if she has no clue about what's going on in the Shadowlands? I can understand maybe at the very begining, but we basically managed to end the drought by now and she's still clueless not only about it.

This just makes the covenant leaders also part of the idiot plot, lol.
    It makes perfect sense, yes; provided all the characters are stupid and never use the means they have available to resolve the plot tension because, well... it would resolve the plot tension.
    jeez, i wonder how leaders could not know someone is ploting in secrecy, its totaly not real, never happened in real world, and surely theyve seen inside Denatriuses head...
    seems like its not the leaders who is idiot here...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Ironically, the idea that Tyrande has to let go to save Ardenweald at the expense of being able to kill Bad Sylvanas (who is dead already) does have gravitas, but it doesn't matter because players don't care about Ardenweald as much as they do Sylvanas getting pulped.
    It re-neuters Tyrande, after gaining phenomenal cosmic power, and then achieving nothing of any importance with it, we’re back at “Start”, do not collect 200 gold, the whole Night warrior schtick was a big much-hyped character arc that lead exactly nowhere, for Tyrande or the Night elves in general.