Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    She did that tho.

In Elegy she spared them from pain when Astarii invoked her.
    Plenty of them had already been turned to toast.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    How so? Is Elune supposed to love these mortals that worship her so much that she wouldn't use them to not only save her sister (maybe blood, maybe not), but possibly save the death, which from the lore we have been given is part of the scaffolding of reality?

Short sighted yes, oblivious yes, but considering how humans typically display gods/god-level deities, pretty in line with what has been written before.

Think to many of you wanted an omni-potent god instead of a typical Greek god.
    i just wanted a god with some freaking common sense. there is a cycle of life and death that has the fuel of anima and has gone undisrupted for MILLENIA (don't know if there is a word for millions of years so thousands will have to suffice) and suddenly there is a drought. instead of checking up on what was causing it, she just kills off her "favorite children" without a second thought.

the greek gods were better than this crap and their believers openly knew the greek gods were fallible.

"Hey sister, I did try to help you. I sent souls to you." "Umm... the maw got them." "Oh no. My chosen people."

Calling them chosen after literally saying you let them die...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s stupid as it means she knew there was a drought so souls weren’t going to ardebweld yet she didn’t stop to think what was causing the drought and instead just figured the souls would end up there when others weren’t instead just sending them to the Maw. Instead of you know figuring out why there was a drought and keeping her “favoured people” alive.
    See I like that, because it means she isn't some omni-potent god that can solve everything, it means she is flawed. She hears there is a drought, and like someone else above said she channeled the dead souls from the burning (not causing it btw) to her sister to help.

Also we have to consider that the eternal ones have existed since basically forever, and the jailer getting free has never happened before and is fairly recent (especially on a time scale they would experience)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    She could at least have intervened so they didn't die in agony -y'know.
    That’s the one thing she did do took there pain while they died.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Just when you think wow writing can't sink lower. It's amazing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    She didn't say she sacrificed the Nightelves or something, she says 'In the wake of tragedy..', which to me sounds more like she tried funneling them all to Ardenweald instead of letting them be sorted, when they died. Like, you know, when they all fell asleep instead of feeling their death, they were sent to Ardenweald instead of to the Arbiter.
    The only thing puzzeling here is that Elune didn't know they'd end up in the Maw. I guess this means, Elune is really the "Life"-counterpart of the Winterqueen and simply can't look into the Shadowlands. Hm. That's a bit disappointing, but still better than Elune being a Naaru ^^
    Exactly. What she's saying is, that she knew she couldn't stop the tree from burning, she couldn't save her elves. But at least she could forcefully guide their souls to a calm afterlife and also aid the Shadowlands. Obviously that backfired.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why are people complaining that lore characters don't know the game's plot as much as the players do?

Giving Elune a familial relationship and ergo a human face was bad.
    Making Elune not followed by near exclusively night elves with a special bond to them but a cosmic deity was bad.
    Making Elune's powers so unimpressive her chosen's only recorded win was against a single undead hunter was bad.
    Having Elune pull the plug on her chosen's powers mid-fight was bad.
    THIS CINEMATIC COMES OUT
    Having Elune speak is bad.
    Implying Elune could've stopped the Burning of Teldrassil is bad.
    Implying Elune could've stopped the Burning of Teldrassil but chose not to is bad.
    Having Elune be more oblivious about the fate of souls than random fodder Dark Rangers and a ghostly squirrel in Ardenweald is bad.
    YOU ARE HERE
    Giving Elune a model will be bad.
    Having Elune hand out race and class agnostic quests to kill mobs will be bad.
    Having Elune and the Winter Queen quip with each other while in a dungeon will be bad.
    Having Elune be lolcorrupted by the next Big Bad will be bad.
    Having Elune turn into a raid boss to be raided by nonplussed night elves will be bad.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Implying Elune could've stopped the Burning of Teldrassil is bad.
    Where is this implied?

So this is how Steven is going to spin his waifu burning teldrassil into doing nothing wrong?

Jesus christ what a shitshow.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    See I like that, because it means she isn't some omni-potent god that can solve everything, it means she is flawed. She hears there is a drought, and like someone else above said she channeled the dead souls from the burning (not causing it btw) to her sister to help.

Also we have to consider that the eternal ones have existed since basically forever, and the jailer getting free has never happened before and is fairly recent (especially on a time scale they would experience)
    It does mean she’s not omni-potent but it also means she’s a bloody idiot.

If mortals can travel to the shadowlands like we know they can she could have told tyranda to look into it while keeping her people alive in some form of undeath before sending them off to the weld. But she’s either a blundering dunce or has less power then a Loa of death.

Either option is god awful writing.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-07-27 at 04:39 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Where is this implied?
    Elune brings up sending the souls on in the wake of tragedy. I assume the implication is that she tried to fed-ex their souls to Ardenweald and failed but it implies a broader awareness and ability/willingness to act on Azeroth than we've seen before.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It does mean she’s not omni-potent but it also means she’s a bloody idiot.

If mortals can travel to the shadowlands like we know they can she could have told to look into it while keeping her people alive in some form of undeath before sending them off to the weld. But she’s either a blundering dunce or has less power then a Loa of death.

Either option is god awful writing.
    I mean 99.999999999999999999999999999% of mortals traveling to the shadowlands is a one way street, so not sure about that. Odin, a POWERFUL titanforged, had to give his eye up to glimpse the shadowlands, remember that.

Also if she is from the pantheon of life (which it seems to be) I would think keeping the Elves alive as undead would be pretty fucking much against everything stands for, resurrection maybe, but undead, very unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

HINT for the writers at Blizz re: Elune

Before you even TOUCH Elune and bring her directly into the lore, GIVE HER A PERSONALITY. Something that defines her beyond "oh she's the goddess".

Han Solo: he is a rogue and a liar with a heart of gold
    C3PO: he is a neurotic blabbermouth
    Princess Leia: Fiery hothead and commander
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Genteel & graceful hermit
    Yoda: Quirky, mischevious master

You get ONE SHOT with Elune. If you don't establish a personality immediately, you'll drag her down into the depths of being a non-entity spewing generic, constipated dialogue like Princess Amidala, Qui-Gon Jinn, Captain Typho, or Chancellor Valorum.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Elune brings up sending the souls on in the wake of tragedy. I assume the implication is that she tried to fed-ex their souls to Ardenweald and failed but it implies a broader awareness and ability/willingness to act on Azeroth than we've seen before.
    But she isn't able to stop the burning, only fed-ex the souls.

I guess it's bad writing if you assume that Elune has been built up as an entity that can manifest on Azeroth and extinguish a tree, but her shit has always been very limited on Azeroth. Which lines up with what has been shown lately (BFA): she knows, but cannot act in a significant way.

I mean 99.999999999999999999999999999% of mortals traveling to the shadowlands is a one way street, so not sure about that. Odin, a POWERFUL titanforged, had to give his eye up to glimpse the shadowlands, remember that.

Also if she is from the pantheon of life (which it seems to be) I would think keeping the Elves alive as undead would be pretty fucking much against everything stands for, resurrection maybe, but undead, very unlikely.
    The maw is a one way street but Elune doesn't know anyone entering the SL is getting sucked into the Maw. The brokers being in the city clearly shows there atleast used to be other means of travelling to the Shadowlands.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

She says Tyrande has to choose between vengeance or renewal. She did choose, Elune noped out of it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    "Yeah... I let all those elves die so the souls would keep you fed so I did help--- wait WHAT! ...they WENT WHERE? .........fuuuuuck, so that was a bad move on my part."

Omnipotent god-like being wasn't aware of what was going on in the afterlife.

But I guess this would be worse if Elune said "yeah, I knew the souls were going to go to the Maw, because I knew my children would come to you and aid you, so it's all apart of my plan"
    They're saving that for sylvannus' trial. Where Elune will take all blame and Sylv will be hailed as a hero for helping against the jailor.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Simping aint easy....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann