Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    jeez, i wonder how leaders could not know someone is ploting in secrecy, its totaly not real, never happened in real world, and surely theyve seen inside Denatriuses head...
    seems like its not the leaders who is idiot here...
    "It was secret because we are told it was secret" is not the same thing as "we have been shown the information was impossible to obtain" - because what we've been shown, repeatedly, is that the level of permeability between the Shadowlands and the rest of the universe is whatever the writers need it to be for the convenience of the plot.

Show, don't tell. It's writing 101, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Question [SPOILERS] Elune is lying - She knew?

I couldn't help but at least look at this quite differently after the cinematic revealed today.

"Today smoke rises up from da campfire. Smoke tells Ogmot good story.

Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!

Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!

Ogmot laugh too!"

Not putting down any bets but just an idea I had. What if she's bluffing? Crocodile tears? Everyone's saying how DUMB she'd have to be, so what's the more reasonable opposite there?

What if this quote wasn't simply about Sylvanas and The Horde? The Night Elves follow Elune far more blindly than the Horde did Sylvanas

Check THIS out from Grimoire of the Shadowlands "As we well know, beings of her origin cannot, under any circumstance, be trusted."
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-07-27 at 06:42 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It re-neuters Tyrande, after gaining phenomenal cosmic power, and then achieving nothing of any importance with it, we’re back at “Start”, do not collect 200 gold, the whole Night warrior schtick was a big much-hyped character arc that lead exactly nowhere, for Tyrande or the Night elves in general.
    She still has Night Warrior powers though. Video makes it look like she was depowered, but her quest text has her state she's still the Night Warrior.

Just without the side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    I don't think genocide is an appropriate word for a god that is shifting their subjects between some realms. It's not your place to step into the shoes of your god. You fundamentally don't have the perspective to judge your god's decisions. It's like yelling at nature.
    do people realy not even try to listen to the video before commenting? she literaly said she sent the souls "in the wake of tragedy"...
    elune didnt kill nelfs and she couldnt save them (like she couldnt save them in war of ancients) but she DIDNT INTERVENE and claim the souls on her own (make them wisps or what) but let them pass to shadowlands...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    She still has Night Warrior powers though. Video makes it look like she was depowered, but her quest text has her state she's still the Night Warrior.
    So you mean we were told rather than shown?

This smacks of "Archon Karen didn't really die because we showed her hand moving, and as we all know fatally injured people are completely immobile."
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The conclusion of the cinematic; the biggest victims of the Fourth War, the night elves, are pushed into a corner to accept renewal and quit pursuing justice. That is how they chose to deal with the burning of Teldrassil. Sylvanas - who apparently never served or wanted to be looked at as a servant - gets her soul back. Meanwhile, the big bad guy all along is a Marvel-inspired villain; to look to Marvel for inspiration tells us enough about what we're dealing with here.

What an incredible way to disrespect the franchise; Saurfang, the night elves, the Horde, Lordaeron, Elune and the Lich King arc.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-27 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The conclusion of the cinematic; the biggest victims of the Fourth War, the night elves, are pushed into a corner to accept renewal and quit pursuing justice. That is how they chose to deal with the burning of Teldrassil.
    Yeah I wonder what interest Blizzard would have in promoting the theme that injustice is acceptable for "the greater good" and that people in a hierarchy should be happy to be part of that hierarchy at all. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "we have been shown the information was impossible to obtain"
    we have literaly been shown the information was unknown even to people in revendreth... like... have you even played the shadowlands? seems like not...
    im done, i tried to explain but i cant understand it for you, have fun trying to understand it (i know you wont, you obviously just want to hate it), and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well considering no one knew what was going on in the maw until we had to basically tell them, Elune knowing would be absolutely out of the question too. The issue is it seems people here god and want a Judeo-Christian-Islamic view of it. In a Polytheistic stance that simply put doesn't happen. Every God is flawed, has limits, has good side and bad side. Yet they were still worshipped.

It's like going to Zeus and crying why didn't he know XYZ would happen. Zeus wasn't all those onmis that the abrahamic god is. None of the gods in wow are either.
    In principle I agree, of course. I'm very much a fan of the "Star-eyed Goddess" from the books by Mercedes Lackey and Elune seems very much like that. I'm also a big fan of gods not making decisions for mortals or directly interfering with their mortal affairs, unless the mortals either are a) asking and willing to give their lives for their wish or b) the universe itself is at stake (so... very much like the Star-Eyed^^).
    I am just still clinging a bit to the 'Elune is the one true goddess'-thing that used to be around and my hope was that she might be a figure that combines all aspects of life and death with different incarnations within those realms, which is now, of course, off the table. My next guess is that Life has a pantheon too, which would "diminish" Elune even further. But it's not really a big deal to me, I'll just have to adjust my expectations a bit and Elune is still the best

The conclusion of the cinematic; the biggest victims of the Fourth War, the night elves, are pushed into a corner to accept renewal and quit pursuing justice. That is how they chose to deal with the burning of Teldrassil.
    ehm... i dont think they can no longer pursuit justice or vengeance, just that the power of elune could be used for one of those, the other thing they have to do on their own...
    not to mention, Sylvanas was caught... so Elune was right to stop Tyrande, as spending her power on killing Sylva instead of renewing would be waste...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-27 at 06:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the art style ofc. I feel that the story danuser and golden built just went too big for them and for us. This suuuuupppperrrrr slooooooooooow video consumtption plus clearly obvious logical flaws like elune does not know what is happenin gin the shadowlands or sylvanas having emotions for nathanos and being triggered all the time.

Ah I know now what this is reminding me of. Dragon ball Z! The whole way of layering story onto story just how it fits into their mood. This totally anti-logical afterlife.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Saving afterlife rebirth is more important than revenge killing for the sake of revenge killing.

This is a fantasy world, not real life, where killing the abuser is the endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving afterlife rebirth is more important than revenge killing for the sake of revenge killing.
    I.e. Maintaining the system that forms the status quo is more important than justice.

This is a fantasy world, not real life, where killing the abuser is the endgame.
    I don't know how to tell you that fiction is a narrative construct and characters do things primarily because the authors intend them to rather than because they're obligated by a set of fictional rules.

"It's a fantasy world" is as much of a justification for having your cake and eating it too as having to be subject to a false dichotomy, lol.

For a deity, perhaps. For thousands upon thousands of mortals? To assume that every individual character involved in the tragedy would all of a sudden turn into a beacon of enlightment, just because Tyrande's possessed body shed a tear, is beyond ridiculous.

I have vague hope for Delarin Summermoon and the undead warden elves to salvage this shipwreck.

Considering the lady is giving orders, it's Sylvanas.

Elune doesn't give ordes.

It's painfully obvious he was talking about Sylvanas. And does everyone have to open another thread on this cinematic?

Considering the lady is giving orders, it's Sylvanas.

Elune doesn't give ordes.
    The words used are "Follow", "Do everythin she say" which could very well be more akin to a religious following and living by tenets spoken by Elune, and most importantly, "guide."

If the tidbit of the War of Throrns Crossroads music playing over the new cinematic has any merit, then we could see this as one of the examples of the Night Elves being 'guided' into war.

The journal doesn't say "orders".
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1029255.jpg

Boys Elune does not return Wisp to the Kaldorei that does the forest. You weren't talking about turning them or not Wisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I.e. Maintaining the system that forms the status quo is more important than justice.
    The important aspect here is how the races affected by everything that transpired react; the races to which the playable character belongs and especially night elves. They're completely ignoring this and giving us interaction between these various deities, as if all of Azeroth is a hivemind with no emotion, sense of justice or sense of self.

10+ Year Old Account
    The important aspect here is how the races affected by everything that transpired react; the races to which the playable character belongs and especially night elves. They're completely ignoring this and giving us interaction between these deities, as if all of Azeroth is a hivemind with no emotion, sense of justice or sense of self.
    Yep, reminds me of how GoT put a lot of time and effort into the High Sparrow plotline but then just kind of forgot that a massive movement of religious extremists doesn't just go away because you blow up the Vatican.

There's a complete absence of sociological aspect to this story (besides vacillating between "racism bad" and "separate but equal is Good, Actually™") which is partially what makes it feel so contrived.