Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Does this change what Elune believed when she was choosing whether or not to save the Night Elf souls?
    No, but you asked me to prove it, i said that there is no NPC that references such an action on Elune's part, hence this is sufficient evidence that Elune did not undertake any action to save them.
    No, no it doesn't, and she believed she WAS saving those souls (as they would be destroyed along with reality itself), and that it was necessary.
    "I'm going to let you die now, so you won't die later".

And as morbid as it sounds, she didn't even deign to inform them about this.
    So, it is in fact semantics.
    I find it hilarious how much this word triggers you and don't even deny it, else you wouldn't continue using it.

But you know what, i'll just end this rather semantic discussion at this point, if you enjoy that kind terrible of writing, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, but you asked me to prove it, i said that there is no NPC that references such an action on Elune's part, hence this is sufficient evidence that Elune did not undertake any action to save them.
    But does not change the fact that Elune believed she needed to sacrifice them to stop the collapse of reality. Hence why she did, and hence why this is semantic.

I find it hilarious how much this word triggers you and don't even deny it, else you wouldn't continue using it.
    I would in fact, because I like to point out irony. You have done nothing but respond to me with semantic points since saying you wouldn't give any credence to semantic points.

But you know what, i'll just end this rather semantic discussion at this point, if you enjoy that kind terrible of writing, more power to you.
    Because I totally said that.

The writing being shit doesn't mean it isn't followable. It's still a bad plotline. You're just mad that you've been called out on doing nothing but responding in the exact way you told me not to, despite me never having responded that way.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-07-28 at 02:13 PM.

We know from wisps that dead NE can stay on the mortal plane and work to help their people that way.

All that happened is that the souls that died in the battle didn't become wisps but were sent to ardenweald instead

Elune didn't kill her children in the tree.

Y'all need to take a second before you start howling

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    We know from wisps that dead NE can stay on the mortal plane and work to help their people that way.

All that happened is that the souls that died in the battle didn't become wisps but were sent to ardenweald instead

Elune didn't kill her children in the tree.

Y'all need to take a second before you start howling
    And somehow the WQ kINda FoRgOt to tell her divine sis that the Maw was eating each and every soul that entered the SL. It seems that that Archon gurl also kINda FoRgOt to inform her colleague about dem winged smurfs dropping souls into the Maw like npnp.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

None of the other afterlife eternal big bosses can directly alter reality so it shouldn't be assumed that Elune can do anything either. It sounds dumb she wouldn't know the troubles in the shadowlands but she's clearly not a leader of a shadowlands realm. She's in an entirely different cosmic realm (life or whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So Sylvanas is working for the Elune too? Really? Sigh.....
    No. Elune just allowed the night elves to pass into the Shadowlands to help fuel Ardenweald. She did nothing evil she was just stupid

I don't really get how people are misunderstanding things so much. Elune says "In the wake of tragedy", meaning "after tragedy happened". This doesn't imply she wanted this to happen, or that she was able to prevent it but chose not to.

All that's confirmed here, is that Elune sent the fallen from Teldrassil towards Ardenweald in its time of need. Much like she sent Ysera there before.
    They didn't become wisps (as the new book confirms happens with Night Elves connected to their woodlands).
    They didn't linger as vengeful spirits (as we often see in ruins).
    They didn't linger in dreamforms in the Emerald Dream (As druids may do, as stated in book, and we see some dragons and such do after the Emerald Nightmare raid)
    Put to rest and sent off to Ardenweald.

Yes, some may argue Elune is stupid for not knowing about the Maw thing. But, why would we expect a deity of the Life Realm to know about what's currently happening in the Death Realm? I see no reason why other pantheons would have special insight into the state of other realms. We've often seen the Titans get completely off guard of other Pantheons even existing.

As an added bonus, for me it's now clearer why Elune withdrew her power from Tyrande when she tried to trade her life for Sylvanas'. In the questline, Ysera says she's had visions of Tyrande being vital to Ardenweald's survival. If Elune's, whose power is linked to the same place Ysera draws her visions from, has seen the same, of course she had to withdraw her power from Tyrande to prevent her self-destructing with Sylvanas.

I like the way the story is going and ever since the end of legion when blizzard said Sylvanas was morally grey, I’ve been waiting for them to explain it. Curious to see how the story progresses moving forward.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

*Sigh*.

Nah. Pass. Pass on all of that. It's a good thing I never *really* thought much of WoW writing or this would be hugely disappointing. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

I can't wait for it to be explained in detail in a book, possibly even making sense and this cinematic being the only reference to it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't really get how people are misunderstanding things so much.
    Because a lot of people simply just push buttons without thought and click through quests/half pay attention while playing the game and watching netflix etc.

Basically a lot of misunderstanding because the general WoW audience don't pay enough attention for nuance in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the cinematic but how on earth do you people watch that and go OMG ELUNE CAUSE THE TREE TO BURN!!??!?! WORKING WITH SYLVANAS!?!??!! It's such an idiotic leap to make.
    Well, she did spare her though.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    How people don't get that if you get to Ardenweald you are reborn is baffling me... This is why she sacrified their living form so they will be reborn in the future. How is this so hard to understand? Man, 6y old gets this...
    well you are on MMO Champ, were ppl insist that Incantersflow is as powerfull as rune of power for a fire mage or within 2-3% kekW so im not surprised at all
    I.O BFA Season 3

What is worse, expect a Game of Thrones type of story in a 17y old MMO where the story never got even close to Got and continuous crying over it... or accept it as it is and search something better somewhere else if you don't like it?

Its like expecting an epic story from a Mickey Mouse comic and then complaining why it is not on par with new X-Men...
    Yeah because it's either GoT or complete utter shit, there is nothing in-between
    Guess the lack of cognitive ability is right on point.

How people don't get that if you get to Ardenweald you are reborn is baffling me... This is why she sacrified their living form so they will be reborn in the future. How is this so hard to understand? Man, 6y old gets this...
    No they don't. Only demigods get to reborn in Ardenweald. Regular souls will be stuck there in the form of squirrels or whatever.

Stood in the Fire
    where the herll has she been while Sylvia Butchered her people?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    No. Elune just allowed the night elves to pass into the Shadowlands to help fuel Ardenweald. She did nothing evil she was just stupid
    Yeah, saw the video again several times, the voices in the latest videos are not too good, at least for me. I really feel sad for Elune. She got royally fucked. Everybody expects her to wipe their ass. Mortals, Immortals, Eternals.. wtf??? I think she should just go "Fuck it all! I am done!" and stop caring.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

With the trailer where Ursoc was in the pod they were harvesting the souls in the groves for their anima, deleting them forver for no? So those souls sent would not have been reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Has there been any character that mentioned they were saved by Elune?
    Has any character stated that Elune saved some souls?
    I'd guess if Elune had saved any, she would let her High Priestess at least know, who clearly wanted to know what Elune did during those moments.

You can be upset for me using the word "semantics", but this isn't semantics, there is no reference or implication that any nightelf on Teldrassil was saved by Elune, it was stated that all she did was to ensure that their death will be painless, which naturally suggests that she didn't save anyone.
    Painless death. Believes she sent them to the Weald where they would be happy and have a chance to be reborn into a new life.
    To Elune, these are wins. They aren’t something to be mourned, but a chance to save reality and the Shadowlands (afterlife), while giving her followers the ability to live on again if so choosing.
    For Elune, she did the right thing. For a society that has no idea what the afterlife is, and the idea that it all stops there, Elune is cold and heartless and doesn’t care about her people. Tyrande is the bridge to a new way of thinking in seeing that death is not the end, and to be feared, but simply a new beginning or continuance of the current existence. Which is what lead her to her current state and letting go of her vengenance.
    That does not make what Sylvanas did right or just, but it does take away the significance (which is what I have issue with).
    Blizzard writers are attempting deeper meaning with their storytelling, and they do succeed with some cases yet fail with others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This is exactly what they're doing. First she gets the "good" half of her soul back, and now we find out that she was allowed to horribly murder all those poor Night Elves, because Elune was HALPING! her sister by feeding her sweet, sweet souls to help the anima drought, but in reality she was condemning them all to an eternity of suffering and torment. Oh, and she was also visibly having second thoughts when talking to Anduin, and she attacked the Jailer. All of this? It definitely means they're going to redeem her. She will face zero justice for her crimes and get to live and be a popular character that appears regularly.

Thanks Blizzard, I hate it.
    Don't forget that you're now supposed to feel remorse for your our own prejudice and your petty thirst for vengeance. I hope we've all learned something here.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    With the trailer where Ursoc was in the pod they were harvesting the souls in the groves for their anima, deleting them forver for no? So those souls sent would not have been reborn.
    Ursoc was harvested because souls were being reborn with no influx of new souls. Basically, there was souls going out but none in, which means they didn’t have a natural supply of incoming anima.
    If souls had been sent there then the pods would never have to have been harvested.