Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

    Thought this one was even better and more on point.
    I hope these cinematics will make it into the movie that will inevitably be made about this.

  2. #102
    Had Blizzard takes the time to explain Elune, the wisps, and how she is tied to the Winter Queen it won't be that bad, but I have little faith they will do that. Rather do it correctly.

    I'm guessing Elune is a goddess of life, where the Winter Queen is of Death. Being sisters this is how Ardenweld is tied to renewal back into the mortal plain and because of this tie Night Elves become wisps rather than going to Shadowlands.

    So Elune isn't part of the realm of Death so doesn't know what is going on there. It's not great but it at least can make sense if they explain it right.

  3. #103
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nobody said that. The argument was that considering Blizzard's office culture, it's not shocking that narratives where the victim(s) of a genocide are told to choose between retribution and renewal. You're inverting the train of thought.

    And great that there's a justice system in WoW. Maybe Sylvanas should've consulted that instead of wanting to kill Arthas. :^)
    "Killing for vengeance is actually bad now go kill this raid boss to exact vengeance for X inciting incident this patch."
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  4. #104
    Wow, honestly surprised blizzard would shift the blame off of slyvanas to a god.

    whatever it takes for their mary sue queen i guess

    fuck this story, i really do not care about spoilers or anything anymore, its' so bad lol.

  5. #105
    >start up WoW
    >make a character
    >"ok brave adventurer now kill this gnoll that is doing a lot of bad stuff!"
    >accept
    >"WAIT NOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING VENGEANCE IS NOT THE WAY JUST LIKE.. RUN TO THE JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!"

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    You missed the point. I know Elune is not weak, therefore an argument "Elune couldn't save them" seems silly. She could. She just didn't want to. Same like all the other times. Why would she anyway? Who in their right mind would refuse a huge, free anima delivery?

    The point is that Elune didn't see the elves as her worshippers worth saving. She saw them as another anima delivery and treated them as such.
    seems like you missed mine - to point out she NEVER before saved nightelfs from death (except for very few individuals) even when they were being massacred by burning legion by thousands

  7. #107
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    18,209
    If this is their grand setup in to more cosmic territory, please stop, non of this makes sense any more.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nobody said that. The argument was that considering Blizzard's office culture, it's not shocking that we get narratives where the victim(s) of a genocide are told to choose between retribution and renewal. You're inverting the train of thought.

    And great that there's a justice system in WoW. Maybe Sylvanas should've consulted that instead of wanting to kill Arthas. :^)
    Now you're just trolling.
    You're literally claiming this story is a result of Blizzard being evil while also denying that you're makin such a connection.
    Common now, you can't have it both way.
    Secondly you claimed there is no justice system in Warcraft. I told you there was an entire book about it. Your reply is "merp merp Arthas bal bla". How about "Oops, you're right, I didn't think of that"?
    Yikes...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    >start up WoW
    >make a character
    >"ok brave adventurer now kill this gnoll that is doing a lot of bad stuff!"
    >accept
    >"WAIT NOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING VENGEANCE IS NOT THE WAY JUST LIKE.. RUN TO THE JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!"
    Time to genocide these virmen for nibbling at our cabbages!

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah, I see.

    "Actually you have to have a very high IQ to understand and appreciate WoW story writing."
    Yarathir the master of trying to invalidate someones argument by making a point they never made.

  11. #111
    actually this all makes sense if you believe we never kill n'zoth and we are still living in his nightmare

  12. #112
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    >start up WoW
    >make a character
    >"ok brave adventurer now kill this gnoll that is doing a lot of bad stuff!"
    >accept
    >"WAIT NOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING VENGEANCE IS NOT THE WAY JUST LIKE.. RUN TO THE JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!"
    Moreover, one of the few canonical instances where we actually get something resembling a non-vengeance based alternative:



    #celestialapproved
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  13. #113
    Gonna play devils avacado here:

    Elune never intervenes. She hasn't directly interfered at any point in Azorth's history, including demon invasions and old god stuff
    She lends power so that her will can manifest on Azeroth, hence why she empowers priestesses and bestows the Night warrior power
    The elves on Teldrassil were going to die and Elune would not interfere. Instead of having the normal cycle of life, death and rebirth for the night elves, she decided to send them to the shadowlands and rebirth them later
    She doesn't know what is happening in the shadowlands because that is not her domain of influence
    Yes she screwed up because she went non contact with her sister

    It's not perfect writing but it's not completely horrendous. It doesn't make up for some of the worst story telling that's been happening though.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2021-07-27 at 07:00 PM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Had Blizzard takes the time to explain Elune, the wisps, and how she is tied to the Winter Queen it won't be that bad, but I have little faith they will do that. Rather do it correctly.

    I'm guessing Elune is a goddess of life, where the Winter Queen is of Death. Being sisters this is how Ardenweld is tied to renewal back into the mortal plain and because of this tie Night Elves become wisps rather than going to Shadowlands.

    So Elune isn't part of the realm of Death so doesn't know what is going on there. It's not great but it at least can make sense if they explain it right.
    I was hoping this expansion explored wisps (night elf) and undeath (the undead), because we don't truly know how and why wisps and undeath are the way they are, their connection/disconnection with life and death. I assume it's a simple answer and one we'd encounter through questing. The undead's soul being somewhat attached to them or stuck between two places or something, and the night elf soul becoming a wisp before moving on or returning, seem to be processes that stem from a similar reasoning or method. I also thought because undead and night elves were both choses as 'enemies' and had their capitols ruined and so on, that they were specifically chosen because of their wisp/undeath qualities. That we'd get further explanation from these two races because of their unique dying experiences/abilities. With all the night elf and undead stuff in bfa and with their dying/living processes, I thought they'd realize a commonality/similarity between one another, their unique processes connected.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Very little here implying that Elune let them die on purpose, but maybe people are butthurt that she couldn’t save them?
    That's the easy conclusion to jump to. Hence everyone here frothing about it. They need to be hand-held.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  16. #116
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    That's the easy conclusion to jump to. Hence everyone here frothing about it. They need to be hand-held.
    Bruh asking for consistent, self-contained storytelling where important information is shown rather than told isn't "needing to be hand-held", lol.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  17. #117
    People are being obnoxious for no reason. This makes a lot of sense if you just shut off your brain and have 7 functional brain cells, yall are just haters.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Now you're just trolling.
    You're literally claiming this story is a result of Blizzard being evil while also denying that you're makin such a connection.
    Common now, you can't have it both way.
    Secondly you claimed there is no justice system in Warcraft. I told you there was an entire book about it. Your reply is "merp merp Arthas bal bla". How about "Oops, you're right, I didn't think of that"?
    Yikes...
    Conflating the story direction with Blizzard's corporate toxicity is just laughable.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I could tell because of your equally stupid af xenophobia.
    Mate, either react to what was said or admit defeat.

    I have no interest in your bullshit, wow, way to try to win an argument let's call names.
    European people who do not know how fed-ex operates can go and get fucked, right, they are all racist and sexist and probably anti-semitic as well.
    Grow up.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    People are being obnoxious for no reason. This makes a lot of sense if you just shut off your brain and have 7 functional brain cells, yall are just haters.
    I don't ride Blizzard's jock about anything, but I agree with you. Way too many on the hate train looking for an excuse to shit all over them.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •