Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    It's not that complicated. Blizzard squandered every last drop of patience and goodwill a long time ago.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bruh asking for consistent, self-contained storytelling where important information is shown rather than told isn't "needing to be hand-held", lol.
    Sorry, spoon-fed, not hand-held. It's a tough distinction to make, like the distinction between willful genocide and accidental damnation.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Mate, either react to what was said or admit defeat.

    I have no interest in your bullshit, wow, way to try to win an argument let's call names.
    European people who do not know how fed-ex operates can go and get fucked, right, they are all racist and sexist and probably anti-semitic as well.
    Grow up.
    I ain't your mate, mate.

    Try being less hostile next time.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  4. #124
    Pit Lord Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,370
    If you are an eternal being, and death is only your more step into each individual soul's journey, it makes a tiny amount of sense. That being said...

    Elune's perspective was not fleshed out at all. When a similar reveal happned in Heavensward, thye contextualized almost immediately. Also, even if it was properly contextualized, she still took a decision for an entire race of people.

    I mean, I knew blizzard would handle this genocide badly, but cmon.

  5. #125
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Are they seriously trying to shift the fucking blame away from Sylvanas!?
    Shadowlands is free! is coming.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I ain't your mate, mate.

    Try being less hostile next time.
    Yea, whatever.
    It just shows that you were perfectly aware of how much I de-constructed your bullshit and you were so lost for words you instead tried to attack me personally.

    Go ahead, I don't care. I know you lost this, you do too. Cya.

  7. #127
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    Sorry, spoon-fed
    It isn't spoonfeeding, either. It's adhering to pretty basic narrative principles so the plot doesn't end up a contrived and contradictory mess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    If you are an eternal being, and death is only your more step into each individual soul's journey, it makes a tiny amount of sense. That being said...

    Elune's perspective was not fleshed out at all. When a similar reveal happned in Heavensward, thye contextualized almost immediately. Also, even if it was properly contextualized, she still took a decision for an entire race of people.

    I mean, I knew blizzard would handle this genocide badly, but cmon.
    Hydaelyn: "I've done some fairly questionable things in my time as a goddess..."
    Elune: "Hold my moonglow."
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Yea, whatever.
    It just shows that you were perfectly aware of how much I de-constructed your bullshit and you were so lost for words you instead tried to attack me personally.

    Go ahead, I don't care. I know you lost this, you do too. Cya.
    'Ma, ma! I won an internet argument! Ain't ya proud?'

    Whoo boy, that's really pathetic. But hey, whatever keeps your fireplace warm.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  9. #129
    Pit Lord Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,370
    Have to say though, if I was a night elf and I was killed in teldrassil because some space bitch decided to send me to her family business I would probably come back in service of sylvannas too.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Have to say though, if I was a night elf and I was killed in teldrassil because some space bitch decided to send me to her family business I would probably come back in service of sylvannas too.
    Imagine getting torched alive, feeling every inch of your body boil, blister and turn to ash, and then be told the Goddess you loved did it on a purely transactional basis. Why anyone would be an Elune worshipper after this is beyond me.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  11. #131
    Lol everyone is so unhinged about the story in a video game like its going to changed their lives for the better. Just too funny.

  12. #132
    Why is everyone so angry about everything?
    Just sit back, relax, and let everything play out.

  13. #133
    From what I'm getting at - Elune did not coax nor force the events of the world tree burning. Instead, she was going to force the souls to Ardenweald when they were going to be split up; this obviously didn't happen because of the maw. How did she not know any of this was going on when she could hear her sister's cries and torments? This is immediately contradictory.

    Then, gives Tyrande a choice that she already made before and is visibly shaking at the end in anger. What was the point of this cinematic then? To show Elune is ignorant and not all knowing - that she has horrible decision making and a sense of twisted humor? The writing is very questionable, as always.

  14. #134
    As per usual, it appears MMO-C is one of the few places still doing damage control for Blizzard and coping like their lives depend in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Now you're just trolling.
    You're literally claiming this story is a result of Blizzard being evil while also denying that you're makin such a connection.
    Common now, you can't have it both way.
    Secondly you claimed there is no justice system in Warcraft. I told you there was an entire book about it. Your reply is "merp merp Arthas bal bla". How about "Oops, you're right, I didn't think of that"?
    Yikes...
    ???

    Maybe up your reading comprehension if you literally still don't grasp it.

    And you're free to concede if you don't know a retort.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Moreover, one of the few canonical instances where we actually get something resembling a non-vengeance based alternative:



    #celestialapproved
    Man Genn should've totally just gone to the justice system to find 'renewal' after Sylvanas killed his son.

    Vengeance heckin bad, I give it 5 TLOU2s out of 5.

  15. #135
    This writing isn't great. Just not for the reasons a lot of people are saying (that Elune allowed the NE's to burn). The writing isn't great because of this thread - it doesn't make a lot of sense to a non lore nerd. The choice I think Elune makes here is to send them to Ardenweald (she thought) instead of being wisps. I don't know how the majority of players are supposed to understand that though. Hence poor writing.
    Last edited by beelgers; 2021-07-27 at 07:39 PM.

  16. #136
    lol

    The above is all I should say, but my mind is already racing with the moronic implications and plotholes here. For one, even if the maw hadn't claimed the nelves, how would she have ensured that they actually get to ardenweald anyway? The sorting isn't up to her and nelfs aren't part of the rebirth cycle.

    Will Blizzard ever stop bending over the nelfs?
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  17. #137
    Another cinematic unlisted. Pathetic lmao

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    >start up WoW
    >make a character
    >"ok brave adventurer now kill this gnoll that is doing a lot of bad stuff!"
    >accept
    >"WAIT NOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING VENGEANCE IS NOT THE WAY JUST LIKE.. RUN TO THE JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!"
    Exactly. So much of this game is the player slaughtering entire settlements of creatures because they stole someone's pumpkin.

    But someone who wanted to make the whole universe (Except themselves apparently) serve a big blue man, killing untold numbers, sending them to super hell, and forging many of them into weapons? Nah that's fine cause vengeance is bad.

    Not to derail this thread, but the interment camps after WC2 were actually some of the most morally upstanding actions in Warcraft. We don't normally provide enemies food and shelter, we put them in the ground.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Why is everyone so angry about everything?
    Just sit back, relax, and let everything play out.
    Things aren't playing out. As far as the Sylvanas story is concerned, the can just keeps being kicked down the road without resolution.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Imagine getting torched alive, feeling every inch of your body boil, blister and turn to ash, and then be told the Goddess you loved did it on a purely transactional basis. Why anyone would be an Elune worshipper after this is beyond me.
    The majority of them didn't feel that, as the novel describes it as elune sending them sleep letting them pass in peace, you know intead of actually intervening.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •