Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Atleast now we know how the catapults could bomb the tree from the shore.
    Elune empowered us from the Horde and helped us to burn her childeren.

The fuck is with people bitching and griping about how Elune "let the Night Elves die"? Uh, hello? The rest of Night Elf history says "Hi".

-- She let them die during the War of the Ancients.
    -- She let them die during the Sundering.
    -- She let them die during the third war.
    -- She let them die when we went to war against the Lich King in Northrend.
    -- She let them die when Garrosh invaded Ashenvale in Cataclysm.
    -- She let them die when the Horde reclaimed the Divine Bell from Teldrassil in Mists of Pandaria.
    -- She let them die when Xavius fucked over Val'sharah in Legion.
    -- She let them die when the Horde invaded Ashenvale AGAIN before the burning of Teldrassil/start of the Fourth War.

The fact of the matter is that, if WoW is anything like most other RPG settings, the "gods" do not interfere in mortal affairs. In fact, besides the Light, Elune seems to be the only outerworld power that tries to help mortals (or rather, night elves). She allows dead night elves to remain on Azeroth as wisps. She gives her power to her priestesses. She saved Ysera's soul and took her to Ardenweald. She actually put the Night Elves into a peaceful sleep before they were burned alive during the burning of Teldrassil.

Point of the matter is this: it's not her job to save every single Night Elf because she presumably understands the cycle of life and death, the fact that the Shadowlands works in tandem with the mortal world. The Shadowlands can only continue to exist so long as mortals die, so that their anima can keep the Shadowlands going.

Elune is a Life goddess. I don't think she would kill.

I feel like much of this story would benefit from being told in a more comprehensive manner. The in-game bits and pieces are just a mess of a format.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I feel like much of this story would benefit from being told in a more comprehensive manner. The in-game bits and pieces are just a mess of a format.
    This has always been WoW's biggest issue in the "story" department. If we were to seperate what people usually call story into lore, story and storytelling, then it's clear that the presentation, the storytelling, is the most egregious offender that drags everything down. More often then not it's just an extreme lack of any bonding time with characters that makes it all fall flat on it's face. In this case it's just about milking shock moments without naturally developing them and when they drop they aren't explained/explored well enough.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Is there supposed to be another cinematic in the future after this during this patch?

Hah.
    I see that Actiblizzard have finally managed to outperform their past self. Well, that's a start. Naturally, they outperformed themselves in terms of utter failure and mockery, but... that's a start.
    Right?
    Let's see what does Grandmaster of the Jedi Order have to say regarding this 'storywriting'?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    A joke, this story is. Eat crap, its author must.
    Thank you, esteemed Grandmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    Welcome most, you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Elune allowed Teldrassil to be burned down to help the Night Fae with their aenima grind?
    not only that. its a cosmic swing and a miss.

because all of those souls ended up in the maw lawl.

and maybe sylvanas was aware of even that when she said "bask in the dying embers of Elune's bargain"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    So... are they going to explain why Elune didn't let her get the vengeance against Sylvannas since she says Tyrande still has the power to choose vengeance.
    right? this just keeps getting worse and worse.

the SoD cinematic with sylvanas. After so many years now she decides to turn against the guy.

and then this.

"Tyrande invoked me, its her choice"
    "ok i want to put sylvanas' head on a pike"
    "no sorry you cant chose that"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

They didn't know what to do with Elune did they? Or how to move the story on post BFA. Shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Atleast now we know how the catapults could bomb the tree from the shore.
    Elune empowered us from the Horde and helped us to burn her childeren.
    Even Elune has Horde bias it seems.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I just....I don't even know anymore. Just when I thought the writing of this expansion couldn't get worse, they pull this shit. It legitimately feels like they're trying to kill WoW at this point.

I just don't get one thing, why is Elune letting Tyrande choose between vengeance or renewal if she denied her revenge exactly when she was about to kill Sylvanas? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    "I feel like much of this story would be better if it were told better."

Well, yeah, and we all agree, but still...

Duh.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I feel that as per usual with WoW the art and music team are robbed here. That cinematic was absolutely amazing for a mmorpg. One of the best I have seen. The design, pacing and music were 100% on point.

Unfortunately as a few people have said story wise its a lot of mental gymnastics from BFA crammed in here. "Oh, they all went to the Maw, oopsies!" was very weak.

What in the fuck is Shadowlands even about?

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    This is solid. And Tyrande is going to choose revival, and this will all eventually lead us to the dragon isles expansion.

Oh, also wasn't disappointed with the comments. Pessimistic, negative, and hate-spewing as usual! Keep it classy folks, you're all that's wrong with the world.
    The best time to not burn a tree was before it happened, best time for new start is now, first step is choosing right direction.

When it comes to lore in wow its always best to expect absolutely nothing.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, is this a setup so they can eventually said "Sylvanas did everyone a favor burning the Tree so she isn't guilty of anything?"

Because it 100% looks like that and I am scared