Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    It's kinda fucked up folks are conflating Blizzard's abuse with dumping on WoW's writers.

I get y'all don't like it but really to pretend as if everyone that did the writing is a rapist is just real convenient way to excuse hating, and really making light of a serious issue.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Danuser joined some of those crawls while Golden conveniently turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Yep, screw you Night Elves.
    Ya danm Blizz dricing me into a race change - but but the racials ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Great video and lore is getting even more complexed.

And people should stop bitch**g already... lore is just fine. A bit to complex, to much stuff for couple of cinematics to present properly. I don't know what they expect from wow... Go read a proper book if you want something better.
    You're mixing up "a mess" with "complex" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Its much easier for those with low cognitive ability to latch onto something and use it to further their own agenda.
    If we're talking about "low cognitive ability", I'd point to above.
    It takes a serious lack of cognitive ability to be unable to parse how shit the story is and think it's "mysterious" or "complex" instead. Just like people unable to detect plot holes and idiotic behaviours because low-brow spectacle is enough to overload their processing power.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-07-28 at 08:47 AM.

what is this dogshit ass fucking retarded writing?

I threw these elves into the furnace to pay for my sisters heating bill?

fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Eh you know when people were saying there is no way catapults from darkshore would reach Teldrassil? Truth is Elune was playing soccer with the fireballs and the goal was 2 big branches of the tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Atleast now we know how the catapults could bomb the tree from the shore.
    Elune empowered us from the Horde and helped us to burn her childeren.
    I have to say, the ICBM catapults with firing range of tens of Km and island-sized magical tree which burn entirely because a few fireballs reached it, are still up there in the most unbelievable bullshit-WTF-ridiculous idiocy any fiction had ever written, and I cannot understand how people can give this a pass, even less how anyone could even think of it, not to say put it in production, in a AAA game no less.
    I'm baffled.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-07-28 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Wait... does this mean Sylvanas IS Elune?
    Great, you just gave mr. D-anuser the next plot idea of how to shove more sylvanas on everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Danuser joined some of those crawls while Golden conveniently turned away.
    I don't know, the same guy who deleted "bitch" from a sentence doesn't seem the type.

Afrasiabi at least has a record of overblown ego and not giving a fuck about others.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Imagine getting torched alive, feeling every inch of your body boil, blister and turn to ash, and then be told the Goddess you loved did it on a purely transactional basis. Why anyone would be an Elune worshipper after this is beyond me.
    i mean,its not very different than real life religions,and we have what?bilions?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    So... she deliberately let her chosen people, as she called them, die so they could help the shadowlands... "Hey, you're my chosen people, so I'm gonna ignore your plight so you can help the shadowlands..."
    no not at all... watch the cinematic again. "and in the wake of tragedy, sent forth the cascade of souls to sustain you." Elune can't directly affect what happens on Azeroth, it seems that once Teldrassil happened she directed those souls to Ardenweald. She didn't sacrifice them, she just didn't or couldn't intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Elune can't directly affect what happens on Azeroth
    Except when:
    Tyrande got attacked by Vashj in War of the Ancients (Elune protected her)
    Removed the Nightmare's corruption from Eranikus (You know, AQ opening questchain)
    Blessed certain beings with immortality

And many more.

In a world where divine intervention is a thing, it's damn stupid to write a divine entity that cannot intervene.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Except when:
    Removed the Nightmare's corruption from Eranikus (You know, AQ opening questchain)

And many more.

In a world where divine intervention is a thing, it's damn stupid to write a divine entity that cannot intervene.
    I mean going off that why didn't she stop everything then... why didn't Elune directly intervene in the 3 Legion invasions? or when the Scourge invaded? or when the Black Empire kicked off the various wars they started

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    It's not that complicated. Blizzard squandered every last drop of patience and goodwill a long time ago.
    i play since 2005 and i dont remember any time when wow players on forums had any patience or goodwill towards blizz

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'm sorry, is this a setup so they can eventually said "Sylvanas did everyone a favor burning the Tree so she isn't guilty of anything?"

Because it 100% looks like that and I am scared
    Yea and imagine it is Elune who is blaming herself. The truth is the Jailer has been also killing their kind where it is unspoken and unnoticed. Many people can’t see that the celestial purpose in the cosmos is calculated they can’t just interfere with everything that happens on Azeroth. They don’t have power of free will. They just watch over for instability and that was their function always, they never meant to fight, it was the Titans job!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Are they seriously trying to shift the fucking blame away from Sylvanas!?
    eh... no?
    how is Elune intervening after teldrasil burned shifting blame from sylvanas?

why didn't Elune directly intervene in the 3 Legion invasions?
    Elune on occassion helped her followers during the War of the Ancients, Third war and Legion, with more than

Heck, she saved saved our asses in MH when Archimonde started to go apeshit.
    or when the Black Empire kicked off the various wars they started
    I don't know, however, N'zoth was never in a position to torch Teldrassil.

Then again, during some of those events, the focus wasn't on the night elves alone, the burning of Teldrassil was certainly a "nightelf centric" event.
    The defense "She didn't just *stop* any of those events!" further supports the notion that Elune is in fact a pretty damn useless divine entity and seems pretty whimsical when she chooses to intervene and a time when a sizeable portion of your "chosen people" burn should be the point where you absolutely should intervene.

The very least, it could've been written in such a way that she saved some people, i don't know, maybe citizens of Dolanaar or something, but Elune's power was unsufficient to save the entire population of Teldrassil, so that there is some glimmer of goodwill, rather than "oops, sorry, can't help, but while we're at it, Afterlife needs Anima!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh... no?
    how is Elune intervening after teldrasil burned shifting blame from sylvanas?
    >Afterlife needs Anima
    >Sylvanas "supplies" Anima
    >Elune makes sure that Anima, that sometimes does not reach the Afterlife, will arrive there

Does it absolve Sylvanas of any guilt?
    No, but due to the choice between "Vengeance and renewal" given in the recent cinematic, Sylvanas restored soul and the fact Elune attempted to salvage something good out of Sylvanas' action, i can see where Blizzard is going.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-28 at 09:39 AM.

I don't know, however, N'zoth was never in a position to torch Teldrassil.
    It's also not in line with N'zoth's motive. Old Gods don't seek to destroy, they seek to corrupt. N'zoth would want to corrupt Teldrassil and its inhabitants. Torching it would render it completely useless.

Now the initial speculation was that Sylvanas was torching Teldrassil because N'zoth was beginning to corrupt it somehow. Same logic as Arthas burning down Startholm. That's interesting because that would give Sylvanas an opportunity for reckoning, realising she's walking the same path as Arthas did.

But Blizzard a better idea. Our fan theory sucked, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I just don't get one thing, why is Elune letting Tyrande choose between vengeance or renewal if she denied her revenge exactly when she was about to kill Sylvanas? It makes no sense.
    perhaps she wanted her to KNOW she can use that power to help her people rather than have vengeance before actualy making the choice?

I like this.
    I really do.

Mostly because it's a big fu to the faces of the people in this forum. Since they seem to forget the genocide Cenarius and humans have committed.
    But they keep playing the "Sylvanas burned a tree" like a broken record

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    So... are they going to explain why Elune didn't let her get the vengeance against Sylvannas since she says Tyrande still has the power to choose vengeance.
    Cus Sylvanas is a victim yo
    Poor girl

Except when:

And many more.

great examples, she helped few INDIVIDUALS, never more people...
    why didnt she helpe defeat legion in war of ancients or at least protect nelfs there? she helped ONLY tyrande then...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    I like this.
    I really do.

Mostly because it's a big fu to the faces of the people in this forum. Since they seem to forget the genocide Cenarius and humans have committed.
    But they keep playing the "Sylvanas burned a tree" like a broken record
    they also seem to forget Elune didnt helpe nelfs in any previous war (well she did help few individuals, never more)