Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Okay, and when that happens what will you do? Cry about Blizzard "making money off of victims" that were never proven to be victims?
    We can go all day, mate.
    You still don't get the point.

If the claims have merit did they let innocent people suffer for at least 2 years even tho they literally saw (and can legally prove) that they were abused and or harrassed?
    How did they investigate exactly? I did not see they refer to their method yet either, is it all hear-say?

What do you accomplish judging people for mere accusations? If I accuse you are you automatically guilty or do I need to prove it first?
    Are you attempting to claim that the lawsuit is meritless or that we shouldn't act on the revelations of the investigation until the court proceedings are over? I've got news for you, you can be found not guilty and not be innocent. For example, Bill Cosby just had his conviction tossed because of procedural stuff not because the evidence said he didn't do it. Second, "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal concept. It's an important one, to be sure, but it doesn't affect how I evaluate facts that I've heard and how I process that. I can fully argue that a jury got it wrong. People do so all the time. Look at OJ Simpson or that woman that murdered her kid whose name escapes me.

In this case, you haven't actually seen the evidence yet. What you read is an outline of the case and the charges. You haven't seen any of the details yet because this hasn't gone to court yet. There have been a number of verifiable former employees that have shared their experiences on social media which were corroborated by others. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to you, but I also don't think you really understand the difference between an "accusation" and charges as a result of a 2 year state and federal investigation. The Feds especially don't take things to court unless it's a slam dunk.

Unless I see mass firings of the people who were doing this, and those in positions of power and did nothing, it's all bullshit weasel words.

They can apologise all they want, but when they knew it was rampart FOR OVER A FUCKING DECADE!!! and are now only sorry? Fuck off. I won't spend another fucking cent on anything Activision Blizzard.

so what npc is dying this time

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be weirdly attached to some random NPC's that may or may not be deleted/replaced, or whatever completely irrelevant and insignificant changes that may occur.

Get over yourselves, like you actually give a shit about any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    More than 1,500 current and former employees of Activision Blizzard have signed a letter condemning the company's response to a lawsuit alleging discrimination, sexual harassment, and "frat boy" culture at the company. "The statements from Activision Blizzard, Inc. and their legal counsel … are abhorrent and insulting to all that we believe our company should stand for," the employee statement reads.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/more-than...n-for-victims/

For some perspective of "WoW team damage control"

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Cuz if you actually read the document you'd know that it's full of non-descript bullshit designed to enrage the average mouth breather.
    Large portions of the document really do read like a highschool blogpost that's full of opinionated, over-the-top generalized claims.

Yikes! Good thing I cut my losses and quit right before WoD lol.

Greeat. Now they're gonna remove all revealing transmog & Npc outfits that "sexualize women".

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afrasabi's NPCs supposedly no longer spawn.
    Doesn't he have multiple npc's under that name?, as in the one in SW but also the one in Stratholme (living) Fras siabi's where you get his tobacco, (he's still there since i lvl a new toon and i was in that dungeon), i think that npc (which you kill anyways) is also a reference to Alex.... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    If blizzard is such a hellhole to work at, why not just resign? its not like anyone is forcing anyone to work there...
    This comment just shows you have never had to worry about not having money to keep the power on. A lot of people stay at jobs despite abuse they're suffering because otherwise, they'd be in dire straits. You think people LIKE working places like Walmart? Or they enjoy working for companies where sexual harassment is swept under the rug? Oftentimes, they stay because there is no other choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Greeat. Now they're gonna remove all revealing transmog & Npc outfits that "sexualize women".
    after what they did with the bandit leggins i wont doubt they will shit on more pieces now, poor vanessa and the fem kyrians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Yeah that's totally what you should get from that statement.

This community is fucking retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsa View Post
    A simple apology would be a good start, they;re still too arrogant to even do that....
    You just connected to the internet or what? They've been spitting out apologies left and right for the past 2-3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that means almost nothing since JAB and Frances Townsend still are employed there. Along with whomever actually engaged in the misconduct, and anyone who was covering it up.

Here is to hoping ATVI stock drops more than the 6% it already has, if this bites enough into their stock price then they might actually get serious about addressing the problems instead of their continuing efforts to minimize and cover up the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

Except that half of your statement is literally and legally impossible. So why post it? Did you really think you have a credible point?

You said it's not possible for there to be no legal guilt by leadership while some people apologize for the situation. It may not be the case but it's possible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This comment just shows you have never had to worry about not having money to keep the power on. A lot of people stay at jobs despite abuse they're suffering because otherwise, they'd be in dire straits. You think people LIKE working places like Walmart? Or they enjoy working for companies where sexual harassment is swept under the rug? Oftentimes, they stay because there is no other choice.
    Or because the alternatives aren't better.

This is all a bunch of political BS, Blizzard has lead the race in racial and sexual inclusion it seems the past decade they have centered entirely around that, no other games developer has even come close! they have been vocal for years now as a matter of fact in some cases angering their player base at how politically inclusive they are, this is being treated like full on sexual assault. These people have dealt with what men deal with every single day of their lives but do not stage a walk out over, instead of staging a mob against an entire company over a few insensitive words take a look at what blizzard has done over the years to include all Races genders or sexual orientations, have you heard of Overwatch?

In before Garrosh line is cut, calling Sylvanas a bitch. I seriously hope they don't go that far with their fake PC culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    A Message from the World of Warcraft Team
    Originally Posted by blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    It was clear from our team conversations that we wanted to put forth a statement that was representative of the World of Warcraft team’s sentiments. We asked all members of our team to send us their suggestions and feedback on how best to address the community and this is the result.

The past days have been a time of reflection for the World of Warcraft team, spent in conversation and contemplation, full of sadness, pain, and anger, but also hope and resolve. As we heed the brave women who have come forward to share their experiences, we stand committed to taking the actions necessary to ensure we are providing an inclusive, welcoming, and safe environment both for our team and for our players in Azeroth. Those of us in leadership understand that it is not our place to judge when we have achieved our goals, but rather for our team and our community to let us know when we still have more to do.

While we turn to our team for guidance in our internal work to protect marginalized groups and hold accountable those who threaten them, we also want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days.

We know that in order to rebuild trust, we must earn it with our actions in the weeks and months to come. But we go forward knowing that we share the same vision as our community about creating a place where people of all genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and backgrounds can thrive and proudly call home.

--The World of Warcraft Team
    They all can go eat a dick. Fuck each and every one of those lazy bastards who cant even make a decent game while working from HOME. And they dont know what maginalized is, they fucking work at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Or because the alternatives aren't better.
    That too. Regardless, people will stay at jobs because the alternatives are much worse. Many people will put up with abuse just so they don't have to worry about going hungry or becoming homeless.