Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, deal with your shit internally. We dont need the game to be affected by any of that, i dont want sylvanas to become Fat and lorthemar to be refered as "them"
    Pretty much this.
    Just as I said about silent majority, now it is beginning to speak up as well. Gonna be fuuuun.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's possible that, both, those people apologized for good reason and the leadership is not legally responsible for what happened.
    The leadership not being legally responsible is literally impossible, under state and Federal law. Which, shocker, is why the state is suing, for violating state laws.

On top of that, there were stories on Twitter of Blizzard devs being contacted over similar issues by the EEOC, which is the Federal office that deals with discrimination and harassment.

But please, tell us how Blizzard is legally not responsible for their employees, in the workplace. And how the State had no standing to sue, which is what you're implying. I got time, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Look at all the deplorables coming out of the woodworks the past few days.
    Calling bullshit on Blizzard's fake ass apologies isn't deplorable, in fact, in this case it could be the only justice this community ever gets for this. Sad.

What? They don't need to fix the 'wrong values' game content, they need to fix their company/management/employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Calling bullshit on Blizzard's fake ass apologies isn't deplorable, in fact, in this case it could be the only justice this community ever gets for this. Sad.
    Wanna keep Afrasiabi in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Like they're going to stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    I really don't give a shit if he stays in the game. Do you think that is going to change how people view this? "Oh good, they removed pixels, all is well." Maybe he can act as a constant reminder, a scar, for this company to be reminded by, for this community to be reminded by. Hiding your wounds is one thing, but acknowledging them and accepting them is crucial.

What this reminded me off:

10+ Year Old Account
    The /flirt emote will be gone.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I really don't give a shit if he stays in the game.
    This isn't about you.

Do you think that is going to change how people view this? "Oh good, they removed pixels, all is well." Maybe he can act as a constant reminder, a scar, for this company to be reminded by, for this community to be reminded by. Hiding your wounds is one thing, but acknowledging them and accepting them is crucial.
    Ye man, great idea. Maybe other victims of sexual abuse should put up pictures of their abusers so they get reminded by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the deplorables coming out of the woodworks the past few days.
    Hey, there will be at least one positive outcome of all this HUGE trainwreck going on: mysogynists and corporate drones (it's hard to differentiate between those types) in these boards have been outed with this Cubiclegate, much like racists were outed with the murder of George Floyd, or nativist whackos with the QAnon !@$%show at the US Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I really don't give a shit if he stays in the game. Do you think that is going to change how people view this? "Oh good, they removed pixels, all is well." Maybe he can act as a constant reminder, a scar, for this company to be reminded by, for this community to be reminded by. Hiding your wounds is one thing, but acknowledging them and accepting them is crucial.
    So, either they keep him as it is, as a Field Marshal rank, or change to "Sex Offender" (and a new lawsuit would be pressed against Blizzard by Alex Afrasiabi, thats it?

We arent talking about something with historical context, we are talking about stuff that happened until 2 years ago.

People are really complaining that this isn't enough, or saying that "It's just for show"... as if this is the only thing that's going on? This is only one small part of the latest movement within the company. In the entire time I've been following Blizzard, I have never seen a movement of this scale because scandals of this scale have never made it outside the walls of their HQ.

Bringing positive change to the people working there is GOOD for the game in the long-term. If people have the willingness to stand up for what's right, it may even encourage them to stand up for less money-grabbing by their parent company and more focus on delivering experiences and a game that players love. A game that brings people back because it once again delivers an experience that was as intriguing as it was at it's peak of popularity.

The Blizzard from the days of TBC and Wrath is not the same as the Blizzard from the days of WoD onwards. It's been a hell of a train-wreck since then, with only Legion making much sense. I'm not sure why people find it difficult to believe, but employee satisfaction and mental wellbeing have a huge effect on the output of individuals in software engineering (in this context, that includes all avenues such as art, sound, story, as well as the code, that are used to make a game).

Happier people = better quality output, and more of it. You get stories that make sense. Stories that extend naturally from long-running arcs, instead of some random idea being crapped out and forced into being.

I mean, you know it's all bullshit.

If it takes you getting sued to finally "care" then you don't actually care.

They're not sorry they're basically rapists, they're sorry they got caught. They're sorry they now have to actually do something.

They're on an apology tour and it's 100% PR. Not one single person involved actually gives a damn.
    I'm pretty sure a huge number of the employees who were subject to degrading behaviour over the years 'give a damn'.

A huge number of employees (both current and former) openly and loudly stated that the previous statement by Fran didn't represent them or their views, with many even going so far as to call it derogatory and an insult. These aren't just a collective speaking through a PR statement - these are individuals stating their views on it through personal accounts.

This latest statement has had the opposite response from those same people. They stand with it because it represents a small part of bigger changes. These same people are protesting against the company they work for tomorrow.

Some have even encouraged players to not play their games for the next few days at least. I've only read 1 employee stating that you shouldn't unsubscribe because they need the money and want to be supported, but the feeling I keep seeing is that many of them are being given the chance to put their morals before the profits of their company for the first time in a very long time, and if you unsubscribe, it's really no skin off their back.

Anything in this situation being put forward by the World of Warcraft team, as opposed to a named entity, is not PR trying to douse the fire that's currently burning down their company but people behind the game who are standing up for what's right.

Completely misses the mark with doing this.

Exactly this. Learn from it, accept the mistakes and do better.

Stop hiding your bad history with just removing it Blizzard, it doesn't help the real issue one bit.

This isn't about you.

I was directly asked my opinion about him staying in the game so absolutely it was about me when I answered that. Nobody at Blizzard is asking me though so I have no power over what happens and I'm not trying to sway them one way or another. But hey, attack my opinion for being an opinion, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ok. This literally does nothing and is just more twitter warrior pandering
    Yyyyep. This is like movie studios recasting a white character as black whilst refusing to hire black writers. Same type of pandering, shallow and meaningless.

they already replaced alot of white npc's with black npcs in SL, even ones that have been in the game since classic.
    wonder what more they gonna change now.

7+ Year Old Account
    The last time people were removing "stuff" was in the mid-late 1930s, and it didn't end well.

People never learn from history, they like repeating things..

Ye man, that's totally the same thing. What is wrong with some of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    The last time people were removing "stuff" was in the mid-late 1930s, and it didn't end well.

People never learn from history, they like repeating things..
    What the fuck I just read?