Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Not American? Accrued PTO, friends, family, benefits, retirement, other benefits, wages, holiday time, so on so forth.
    Im American i have pto time benefits good wages holiday time and so forth.... because I'm in a great union. I left a job getting mis treated and under valued and never looked back. Blizz employees need to form a union.

This is what happens when every child grows up thinking they're special. You're not, we're all just low ends on the totem pole.

Sorry, but life isn't fair.

And all this is is a publicity stunt and will result in nothing. "Staging" a walkout is just beyond fucking stupid. All that is is a cry for attention, positive, negative, toxic, it doesn't matter. Just fucking crying.

Want to make a stance that Blizzard will acknowledge and respond to? Just walk out right now, don't wait, don't set up a time to do it together, get up, grab your shit, and walk the fuck out.

Be a fucking baby about it will never get you the results you want, you have to take a risk and stand up for what you believe. Not pander to bullshit like this and make a play date with other co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Want to make a stance that Blizzard will acknowledge and respond to? Just walk out right now, don't wait, don't set up a time to do it together, get up, grab your shit, and walk the fuck out.

Be a fucking baby about it will never get you the results you want, you have to take a risk and stand up for what you believe. Not pander to bullshit like this and make a play date with other co-workers.
    The argument that single action is in anyway stronger or more effective than collective action is manifestly incorrect.

Personal responsibility and solutions to systemic issues is an insidious lie peddled by the powerful to maintain that power.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    unionize, for god sakes unionize.
    Yeah pretty much the only way to accomplish anything. The MLB has to deal with shitty umpires like Angel Hernandez for example, because the umpires in MLB are unionized, which means MLB can’t get rid of him. All they can do is prevent him from appearing in certain big games like the World Series and All Star Game.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Walk out is a good way to get the higher ups and upper management that they wont stand for this anymore. It's sending a message and it's even got a lot of the people who are still playing their games to also not play tomorrow. Very happy people are standing up for whats right instead of staying silent.

Disgusting, cali is full of self entitled children. This will only screw over the people who can't walk out and risk their jobs, the ones with kids and a family. I swear ever twitter I look at is a single person or married to another employee.

They'll all just go home and play wow

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    They'll all just go home and play wow
    as opposed to management being in the building and playing CoD?

"Wait wait wait, did we just accidentally add something that players actually LIKED to the game?!"

"ALL HANDS PLY TO LACTATION ROOM! FUN PROXIMITY ALERT! FULL ABORT FULL ABORT I REPEAT FULL ABORT! UNMAKE IT BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!"
    Last edited by Zellas; 2021-07-27 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I saw nothing wrong with the company's official response. From a legal standpoint, they have to deny and cast doubt. These kinds of allegations are often frivolous, exaggerated, and ultimately disproven. Complainers should not always automatically be believed. A walkout? What a bunch of snowflakes. If found to be true, then steps should be taken. That hasn't happened yet.
    Your aware this is not an isolated case but a 2 year long investigation by the state after receiving multiple complaints right?

Have you read the actual statements and alleged actions taken against these women who have come forward?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    If your unhappy with your employer theres nothing stopping them to find a better work place that will treat them properly
    Always someone making excuses for the scum of the world...they shouldn't have to look for another job, they should feel safe at their job. Just another example of victim blaming.

Walkouts generally only achive one thing - gaining fruther attention to your cause. Just to be clear, thats a GOOD thing for them, but obviously a walkout has little impact on anything, other than trying to gain some mainstream media attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I saw nothing wrong with the company's official response. From a legal standpoint, they have to deny and cast doubt. These kinds of allegations are often frivolous, exaggerated, and ultimately disproven. Complainers should not always automatically be believed. A walkout? What a bunch of snowflakes. If found to be true, then steps should be taken. That hasn't happened yet.
    So you think its acceptable for representatives of the company to openly blame the PLAYERS, their paying customers and fans, for their own personal inhouse behaviour?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This walkout is largely a PR stunt with the apparently additional goal of focusing as little on the actual issues at their company and instead promoting other bullshit. Check the four points in their statement of intent, the first one addresses what they actually have an issue with and the other three are all demands that have nothing to do with the lawsuit and clearly are not about making the company a better place and are just massive assumptions on their part as they don't have that data (even the lawsuit stated as such).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    This walkout is largely a PR stunt with the apparently additional goal of focusing as little on the actual issues at their company and instead promoting other bullshit. Check the four points in their statement of intent, the first one addresses what they actually have an issue with and the other three are all demands that have nothing to do with the lawsuit and clearly are not about making the company a better place and are just massive assumptions on their part as they don't have that data (even the lawsuit stated as such).
    I don't know man, spitting into the eye of your boss is one weird PR stunt. And I checked the four points, they seem quite relevant and definitely something that would make the place better? And it's not the employees suing the company. I'd imagine they have a bit better grasp at the way they are treated.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-07-28 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

If you're actually looking for a change,either unionise or break into the executives' offices and slaughter them. Those are the two things that work here. Especially unionising as it can be replicated in other companies on a national scale in order to strongarm employers into improving the conditions of their workers(granted,murder of higher-ups can also be replicated,but that gets messy).

This is just a pointless PR stunt that will accomplish nothing. They could even all quit their jobs entirely and Activision-Blizzard would have filled their spots again after two weeks tops,as employees are nothing short than a ressource to the higher ups.

Things will never change as long as americans are afraid of trade unions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    This walkout is largely a PR stunt
    Exactly. Its only 4 hours - its a long lunch... lol

They (and many other IT-type shops) need a union.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Exactly. Its only 4 hours - its a long lunch... lol
    Honestly sounds like they had to ask above if they were allowed to walk out,and they were told "alright,but back to work after 4 hours" and they didn't question it

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Things will never change as long as americans are afraid of trade unions
    One might postulate that is an engineered outcome of a ner hundred year-long PR campaign perpetrated by those in power to keep and maintain power.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    crawling under cubicles
    Not sure if you meant to troll, but just in case - They aren't accused of crawling under cubicles (e.g. 'upskirting') - they are talking about getting drunk and walking thru the cube area being social. Think 'pub crawl'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    One might postulate that is an engineered outcome of a ner hundred year-long PR campaign perpetrated by those in power to keep and maintain power.
    Funny all the nasty tricks a country can pull off in the name of the "fight against communism"
    Almost as if the whole thing has been an excuse to fuck the little man over from the start

Wow, I guess we were just having too much fun with a mass exodus to FF XIV, delays to 9.1, shit story, shit expansions, and all that fuckin' abuse. Might as well nerf the gear we'll be saving up for all patch.

That'll fucking keep those subscribers attached to the game, eh?