Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Domination Socket Set Bonus Nerfs, Blizzard Employees Stage Walk Out

Patch 9.1 - Domination Shard Set Bonus Nerfs
    According to multiple sources around the internet, it seems as if the set bonuses provided from Domination Shards have been heavily nerfed across the board. This is apparently already live and we update with hotfixes when we know more.

Blizzard Employees Stage Wednesday Walk Out
    Blizzard employees have staged a walk out for tomorrow to protest the insulting response from company leadership regarding the recent lawsuit. You can read more about it by checking out the Polygon article below!

Last edited by Stoy; 2021-07-27 at 09:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That race for world first might have lasted longer than a week and been quite a bit more interesting if they realized how broken those set bonuses were from the start. Everyone else did. Nerfing it now is sorta pointless.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2021-07-27 at 10:03 PM.

If your unhappy with your employer theres nothing stopping them to find a better work place that will treat them properly

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    If your unhappy with your employer theres nothing stopping them to find a better work place that will treat them properly
    There is also nothing stopping them from conducting collective action, like say for example (just picking something at random here) a walk out.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what your skills are. If the labour market doesn't deem them "omg need nao" type, you may potentially be in for a very rough ride. Especially because, among other things, you don't get to collect unemployment insurance if you resign.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Spoken like someone with no self respect.

Well, if I wasn't already teetering on the end of WoW for me, this might be it. Not that I have a domination set piece to try this, but I've been saving blood shards for when I do. My weekly vault didn't have one, so I was looking forward to next week. Now, I read this and I'm like "why even bother." All the fun just sucked and stripped from the game with nerfs like this. The race to world first is over, just let the damn players have fun. WTF is wrong with them.

Or you could use your power as a collective group of employees to change the attitude of the employer.

There's a little thing stopping you called unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Well, if I wasn't already teetering on the end of WoW for me, this might be it.
    That was me when 9.1 came out. Considering I played MOP and WOD as well as got class mounts on all classes, I have a great tolerance for bullshit. I even got all classes through that Stormwind/Orgrimmar bullshit in the last patch in BFA. 9.0 was such a massive disappointment to me and I couldn't stomach levelling all classes to 60 ... though I did get each covenant done. 9.1 .... yeah, nah. I lasted a week. Now this? It was the final straw.

I'm not going to evangelise FF14. I didn't like it the first two times I tried it, but many of my guildies told me to push through and I'm actually really enjoying it; it's an alt-aholics wet dream being able to play all classes on one character. I'll openly admit, it's not for everyone though and it's not as fast and snappy as WoW. For me however, the things I loved about WoW was the story and the that where Blizzard has really let us down in the last two expansions. Little did I know that behind the scenes, Blizzard had let me down in so many other ways.
    Last edited by lichbane; 2021-07-27 at 10:29 PM.

I saw nothing wrong with the company's official response. From a legal standpoint, they have to deny and cast doubt. These kinds of allegations are often frivolous, exaggerated, and ultimately disproven. Complainers should not always automatically be believed. A walkout? What a bunch of snowflakes. If found to be true, then steps should be taken. That hasn't happened yet.

unionize, for god sakes unionize.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one made a Venn Diagram of those who want Blizzard to get back to work so they can get their content at some already unspecified date and those who continually go on about how bad Activision and Blizzard management is (Brack especially) it will be interesting to see how a walkout is received. Those two groups share a lot of people. I think the walkout is a good thing.

Does it get nerfed or reverted? I need to know cuz idc about overpowering. Are we not allowed to have fun anymore?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2021-07-27 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I saw nothing wrong with the company's official response. From a legal standpoint, they have to deny and cast doubt. These kinds of allegations are often frivolous, exaggerated, and ultimately disproven. Complainers should not always automatically be believed. A walkout? What a bunch of snowflakes. If found to be true, then steps should be taken. That hasn't happened yet.
    if thousands of people working for you, who have intimate knowledge of the goings on in the company think your response is bullshit, it more than likely is.

Man, it's crazy.

Literally every single big name already said something about how "sorry they are".
    Old leadership has wiped their hands clean.
    Most of the accused does not even work at Blizzard anymore.
    The heaviest criticism against the lawsuit comes from an executive WOMAN.
    The devs are collectively sending letters and refuse to work.

Who is being oppressed here exactly? I thought according to the legal document the devs are always drunk during the day playing video games and crawling under cubicles.
    Now they are so clean they have time to take time off and protest against themselves or what?

Or maybe, hear me out, maybe, there ain't a fucking thing going on...
    Read the legal document, it is literally nonsensical in its structure with zero evidence towards anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not American? Accrued PTO, friends, family, benefits, retirement, other benefits, wages, holiday time, so on so forth.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Good luck to them