Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bonch View Post
    There's a little thing stopping you called unemployment.
    Noone have ever quit and found a better job before dying of hunger, that is the sad reality, right?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that seems rather counterproductive if the point is to garner sympathy lol. what is the issue here?

If their only point was to gain sympathy, the fuck off with whatever they are trying to do. That is stupid as fuck, and bullshit.

But if their point is to gain actual change within the company and its structure to eliminate the issues they're complaining about? Then waiting around and planning a get-together isn't going to work. Why? It gives Blizzard time to play too, and "pretend" to fix whatever the issue was. Which is exactly what they're doing.

Walking out, in mass, right away, gets your point across in a bigger and more meaningful way to where your issue might actually get addressed. But now? They aren't going to do shit. And these cry babies get one day of PTO. And Blizzard saves face. Fucking morons.

This thread deviated from the topic by the second post and the deviation is wildly irrelvant to Sanctum of Domination shard bonuses. Yes, the deviation would be fine in another thread devoted to it.

unionize, for god sakes unionize.
    Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as anyone. Not the magic bullet people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as anyone. Not the magic bullet people think it is.
    no the utter destruction of the AAA games industry would be that magic bullet. unions at least by their nature are more democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by bonch View Post
    There's a little thing stopping you called unemployment.
    You do know that you can get more money on unemployment right now than working an actual job right?

- - - Updated - - -

no the utter destruction of the AAA games industry would be that magic bullet. unions at least by their nature are more democratic.
    In a non existent uptopia, sure. In reality, unions are nowhere near that.

Unions work just fine throughout the world.
    America however has not yet grasps the concept of 'making constant demands of the company that employs us and protecting the rotten apples within our midst is not actually of long term benefit as an employee'.

Maybe someday they will learn.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    This thread deviated from the topic by the second post and the deviation is wildly irrelvant to Sanctum of Domination shard bonuses. Yes, the deviation would be fine in another thread devoted to it.
    Umm you are aware the thread also has a release about the walk out right? So it is very much ion topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Unions work just fine throughout the world.
    America however has not yet grasps the concept of 'making constant demands of the company that employs us and protecting the rotten apples within our midst is not actually of long term benefit as an employee'.

Maybe someday they will learn.
    Trust me they have already learned that. They just don't care because they are only out for themselves. Because screwing someone is over is fine as long as you aren't the one being screwed over.

JAB inherited problems from before his time. I doubt a lot of this is any fault of his own. He likely could have done more, and could be doing more, but regarding the current lawsuit, many could have done something to help put an end to it.

While Kotec is a piece of shit, I can't really agree that the current state of the game is his fault. Sure there may be some blame to be had from up top with pressure for content to get pushed out the door, but the team and developers that actively work on the game think these are good ideas and see us as the opposition. Cutting off the heads of this monster are just gonna sprout more in their place.

The change that needs to happen for wow to be what a lot of us want it to be... simply isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    Did you not read the second half of the OP?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

In a non existent uptopia, sure. In reality, unions are nowhere near that.
    unions are by their nature democratic so I have no idea where you get this idea that utopia's factor into this.

unions are by their nature democratic so I have no idea where you get this idea that utopia's factor into this.
    Not in the US which is where this hols current relevance. In this country that is a non existent utopia. IN the US unions are nothing more than "people who want to screw over the corporations before the corporations screw over them".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    JAB inherited problems from before his time. I doubt a lot of this is any fault of his own. He likely could have done more, and could be doing more, but regarding the current lawsuit, many could have done something to help put an end to it.

While Kotec is a piece of shit, I can't really agree that the current state of the game is his fault. Sure there may be some blame to be had from up top with pressure for content to get pushed out the door, but the team and developers that actively work on the game think these are good ideas and see us as the opposition. Cutting off the heads of this monster are just gonna sprout more in their place.

The change that needs to happen for wow to be what a lot of us want it to be... simply isn't going to happen.
    You forget your biggest problem. There are people playing the game who don't agree with how you want WoW to be. You will never get 100% agreement no matter who is in charge of development. What you think is the right way other think is the wrong way.

Not in the US which is where this hols current relevance. In this country that is a non existent utopia. IN the US unions are nothing more than "people who want to screw over the corporations before the corporations screw over them".
    I fail to see the problem with that.

I fail to see the problem with that.
    You fail to see your hypocrisy? Basically what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to screw someone over as long as it isn't you who is being screwed over. Nobody should be screwing anyone over. Your mentality is a huge part of the problem.

You fail to see your hypocrisy? Basically what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to screw someone over as long as it isn't you who is being screwed over. Nobody should be screwing anyone over. Your mentality is a huge part of the problem.
    I fail to see you making the case that unions exist to do that all while still wanting to work with the corporations they apparently want to destroy.

I fail to see you making the case that unions exist to do that all while still wanting to work with the corporations they apparently want to destroy.
    Because in the US they don't. everyone looks out for themselves and nobody else. Greed influences EVERYTHING. I also fail to see you admit to your hypocrisy and how your attitude massively contributes to the problem.

Because in the US they don't. everyone looks out for themselves and nobody else. Greed influences EVERYTHING. I also fail to see you admit to your hypocrisy and how your attitude massively contributes to the problem.
    it's not hypocrisy when I don't think corporations as they exist now, should exist. and that's just projection dude, that's you projecting what you think of other people onto them, it's not convincing of anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    are they calling it a walkout because if they used the word strike they are afraid they would get fired immediately?
    Maybe also because Trade Prince Kotick has brought forth a company best known for its rabid anti-unions stance, which was clearly, conclusively shown when the Amazon workers tried to unionize.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-07-31 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    If your unhappy with your employer theres nothing stopping them to find a better work place that will treat them properly
    you are a part of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    you'll have tons of high quality, not insanely bigoted friends!
    I have them, and I'm most thankful for it. Hope you can tell the same, especially when it comes to female friends
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.