Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    as a kid prob just a couple of hours... my longest was in my 20's when WotLK came out and that was 28hrs straight, then the bulk of every day for a week straight as I took a week off to play.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Over 24 hours as a straight never leave my chair session besides for a quick piss or to grab a drink.
    Now a day I may appear to log on for 8+ hours but I’m often getting up to do chores.

40 hours on cataclysm launch

15+ Year Old Account
    Before Wow came out i already spend 8800+ hours in Lineage 2.
    Played for 15+ hours a day, clan/alliance leader with 400+ people.
    Aden castle owner, Duelist Olympiad hero. Good old days.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

as a 12 year old, regular 16-hour sessions of WoW.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    around 6 hours for me.
    lol 6 hours

i once had 4 days and 4 nigths straight,wile i didnt play non stop as i ofc ate and whatever,but eventualy i fell asleep taking a bath haha

these days i cant even make it 2 days...growing old sucks

I think FFX was.... not healthy.
    ALso BC back then i played like a mad man.

The occasional LAN weekend was also not quite short.

But i think the longest gaming session was with the release of wotlk... i was 5 minutes after the realm first guy... i was annoyed as hell and then bored out of my mind becuase no one else was at my level so i had nearly nothing to do.

Well , as a child not as a teen ( I would say I had 10 years) a friend "borrowed" me a game and I could'nt save the progress. Everytime I tried: error message.

So I stood all night praying to the gods that my parents kept sleeping (the computer was in the living room) playing the game until I could finish it.

Was it worth it? Totally.

A magical experience for a kid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7pm til 11am the next morning. LAN Party with mates. As a Teen.

As an Adult, longest session is Mass Effect 1 and 2 back to back without a break.

As a child? Maybe not even 2 hours on any particular game.

Sometimes I do reflect on how insane it is, just going to use skyrim as example as it is not an MMO, on how normalised pouring dozens of hours per week into games has become by design.

I don't think I have finished skyrim yet, or fallout 4 for that matter. I completed fallout NV once and I have a total of 700+ hours played. Though I think Bethesda does have pretty weak endings as well as designing their games this way. Nv was quite different
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    An entire weekend at a LAN party, I slept an entire day afterwards though and fucked up my day and night routine so badly lol
    Same exact thing, Friday evening to Sunday night split between Starcraft and Unreal Tournament. I could see tiny Starcraft units move in the “background” of my vision on my way home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    around 6 hours for me.
    Something around the 10 hours mark for me, we were playing WC3 online matches with some buddies, and then I went to finish the (first) Starcraft single player campaign. Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I’d say I’ve likely done 16 hour sessions plenty of times (8am to midnight) back in the WoW days. I’ve probably pulled off many12-14 hour sessions, though they are few and far between in recent years. To be clear, I’m still stopping and eating meals and the like, so it isn’t 100% glued to a screen, but the PC or console or what have you are on the whole time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Same exact thing, Friday evening to Sunday night split between Starcraft and Unreal Tournament. I could see tiny Starcraft units move in the “background” of my vision on my way home.
    haha holy crap man, that's insane!

I imagine it like in Queen's gambit, where she plays chess on the ceiling

15 hours trying to beat the last level of super hexagon. I also achieved that

I don't know about being a child but when Mass Effect 3 first came out, I was so eager to see the conclusion of the whole story and also worried about spoilers online that I started playing it at 5 PM after I came back from work, didn't go to bed until like 6 AM, woke up and picked it up again and then finished it late that evening (I wanted to do the side-content and all, so it took longer than a straight through run).

Wasn't really worth it, thinking back on the ending..

As a child not very long probably. I wasn't a huge gamer until like late teens/early twenties. 36 hours in BC.

14 hours,it was warcraft 3

Well, this may not count but I once had a character logged into a MUD I played for almost 36 hours when I was 16. The game actually included bot software as part of the download so I would play until I had to sleep or go to work and then I would turn on my scripts so my character could keep training until I got back. This was also the first online game I ever played so I thought all games offered the botting software. Ah, the naivete.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a kid the longest I could remember was nearly three days on a long weekend. It was rare for my friends to come over so we had to make the most of it by playing as much SNES as we could. All I remember is my bud came over Thursday afternoon and we started gaming at about 3:30 that afternoon. We obviously had snacks and ate food, but we literally never went to bed until my mom took him home Sunday afternoon. I was only ten.

I was pretty degenerate as far as gaming goes and it wasn't uncommon for me to play D2, SC, WC3/DOTA, and WoW for 16 hours straight pretty much every chance I got, with the occasional 24-36 hour marathons for big releases, ladder resets, or just.. because.

I'm 34 now and while I can handle a 24 hour session, the opportunity to do so is pretty small because of RL shit and more importantly the actual damage it puts on my body. On expansion releases, some ladder resets or a big game release it's not uncommon for me to still try and set aside 12-16 hours.