Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Demonstrably untrue. There are thousands of qualified women who apply for coding positions at Blizzard and similar companies.
    The ratio of men vs. women interested in these fields is still largely in favor of the men. Also, maybe, just maybe the men are often more qualified? It's a possibility as much as the reverse is in some female dominated fields.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    And nobody worth listening to refutes these points, as a self-taught, now senior developer in my earlier years it annoyed me to no end when recruiters had no interest in taking my application any further when they didn't see a major institution under my post-grad qualifications despite a solid portfolio & references.

    While my jibe was curt it does only specify the fringe extremists whom are only self-serving for appearances sake.
    The folk using it for their own gains and are self serving aren’t the issue here even. Yes, there will be grandstanders just looking to maximise social currency. But their presence shouldn’t stop the drive towards a more inclusive work environment from top to bottom. For what it’s worth, I think Kotick is full of shit. Him adding that sentence in was just another tone deaf moment. He has no clue what real diversity looks like at all. Because he’s a dick.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    When they make their lack of sexual achievements the core basis of their identity, and blame everyone else for it while espousing a deeply unearned sense of entitlement to other people's bodies, it is absolutely fair game to criticize them. The sad thing is that most of these people could probably have satisfying sex and social lives if they weren't such bloody assholes.
    Generally this. It's not that they haven't had sex, it's that they make it their own identity. They're literally re-enforcing the whole chauvinistic nature of it. If they felt that not having sex was problematic to their enjoyment of life, they could seek help. Instead they blame everyone else, assuming it must be some intrinsic thing they cannot and will not change. When really, it's usually their social behaviors, unrealistic expectations, and toxic view towards women that causes it.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Look at all these bloodthirsty people. People are useless, and this goes for a lot of people on this forum. A LOT. Do you really fucking imagine that every man who works at Blizzard is a predator? I fucking hope not, stop judging people before you have any sort of evidence, scum.
    Absolutely no one is saying that. What virtually everyone except the crazies are saying is that a state investigation like this does not go to open lawsuit without mountains of evidence, and there are hundreds of employees both male and female who have worked at blizzard and are posting their experiences to corroborate precisely what is contained within said lawsuit. Problems like this do not start at the bottom of a company. The culture which allows them to flourish starts at the top, which makes it systemic and something in need of change. As the old saying goes, the fish rots from the head, so why you're popping in here to shout #NotAllMen rather than acknowledging that a few powerful guys harassing women is a genuine problem is an utter mystery.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    When they make their lack of sexual achievements the core basis of their identity, and blame everyone else for it while espousing a deeply unearned sense of entitlement to other people's bodies, it is absolutely fair game to criticize them. The sad thing is that most of these people could probably have satisfying sex and social lives if they weren't such bloody assholes.
    It's a highly masculine frame to apply to this world and very few self-avowed feminists seem to realise this rhetorical trap they're being baited into.

    They already own their sexual failure. If you have to criticise them by buying into their premise; a man's value is contingent on how many women are willing to have intercourse with him, then you're making their point for them. You're reaffirming that indeed, men who can't get laid are losers and men who can get laid are winners.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Meanwhile, other countries like Russia laugh at us for being a bunch of weak, flabby, cowardly, effeminate, and preachy little "victims" that are too afraid to kill our enemies or defend our homes.
    We have our own problems here. But yeah, regarding all this woke bullshit you have over there we actually do laugh at that. You people scream for "equality" when your agenda is "i'm this gender/race/etc. so i want preferential treatment".

    I'm a man, I work in a gaming company myself at the moment. My superior is a woman. Her superior is a man. His superior is a woman. Noone has a problem with that, it's normal, noone contemplates about such things for even a second.

    No woman here screeches how their rights are violated here. And if that ever that happens (the violation) and it is proven the perpetrator gets fired instantly. Women even get a PAID by the employer paternity leave here.(which they do abuse a lot, like hiding the fact that they are pregnant at the job interview and leaving for paid paternity leave for 3 years after being hired)

    My guess - it's all because of the soviet past, when since 1913 women and men were working as equals.

    Of course there are some exceptions where entitled people want preferential treatment based on their gender, but noone actually pays any attention to that.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The ratio of men vs. women interested in these fields is still largely in favor of the men. Also, maybe, just maybe the men are often more qualified? It's a possibility as much as the reverse is in some female dominated fields.
    Have you ever considered that it is largely in favor of the men because the US has a significant cultural bias against women in STEM and that girls and young women are rarely supported when they express initial interest in these fields? Guessing that thought never crossed your mind. But frankly, the fact that you assume by default that male coding applicants are more qualified than female ones tells me everything I need to know about your chauvinistic ass and how a little time you are worth. People who think like you are precisely why there is a problem at Blizzard. You're an embarrassment to the male gender.

  8. #268
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,702
    The Activision share price drops and suddenly Bobby is interested in meaningful change. Just a few days ago they were threatening the state of California for even having the nerve to investigate them.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Absolutely no one is saying that. What virtually everyone except the crazies are saying is that a state investigation like this does not go to open lawsuit without mountains of evidence, and there are hundreds of employees both male and female who have worked at blizzard and are posting their experiences to corroborate precisely what is contained within said lawsuit. Problems like this do not start at the bottom of a company. The culture which allows them to flourish starts at the top, which makes it systemic and something in need of change. As the old saying goes, the fish rots from the head, so why you're popping in here to shout #NotAllMen rather than acknowledging that a few powerful guys harassing women is a genuine problem is an utter mystery.
    You sound like part of the crazies, but you try to disguise it. Don't bring in some silly hashtag phrase next time you want to be taken seriously.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    We have our own problems here. But yeah, regarding all this woke bullshit you have over there we actually do laugh at that. You people scream for "equality" when your agenda is "i'm this gender/race/etc. so i want preferential treatment".

    I'm a man, I work in a gaming company myself at the moment. My superior is a woman. Her superior is a man. His superior is a woman. Noone has a problem with that, it's normal, noone contemplates about such things for even a second.

    No woman here screeches how their rights are violated here. And if that ever that happens (the violation) and it is proven the perpetrator gets fired instantly. Women even get a PAID by the employer paternity leave here.(which they do abuse a lot, like hiding the fact that they are pregnant at the job interview and leaving for paid paternity leave for 3 years after being hired)

    My guess - it's all because of the soviet past, when since 1913 women and men were working as equals.

    Of course there are some exceptions where entitled people want preferential treatment based on their gender, but noone actually pays any attention to that.
    I'll take "people who have never actually worked for the gaming industry and are making up obvious bullshit" for 500 Alex.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You sound like part of the crazies, but you try to disguise it. Don't bring in some silly hashtag phrase next time you want to be taken seriously.
    ‘Part of the crazies’ because change needs to happen. Sounds totally normal that behaviour.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    A lot more complicated than that. First of all, this is a video game company. Most people interested in coding/making games etc. happen to be men. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Funny too how all the woketeers are almost always pushing for others to take these jobs for the sake of progress.

    "I'm not personally interested in coding, but you should be, and here's why."

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Have you ever considered that it is largely in favor of the men because the US has a significant cultural bias against women in STEM and that girls and young women are rarely supported when they express initial interest in these fields? Guessing that thought never crossed your mind. But frankly, the fact that you assume by default that male coding applicants are more qualified than female ones tells me everything I need to know about your chauvinistic ass and how a little time you are worth. People who think like you are precisely why there is a problem at Blizzard. You're an embarrassment to the male gender.
    Go ahead, go force more women apply to STEM fields, I'll be with you on that one. As for the rest of your dribble... triggered much?

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Look at all these bloodthirsty people. People are useless, and this goes for a lot of people on this forum. A LOT. Do you really fucking imagine that every man who works at Blizzard is a predator? I fucking hope not, stop judging people before you have any sort of evidence, scum.

    And that is why laundry should not be aired in public. Since people are shit and all. Yes, you might get retribution for the victims, but 50/50 you will drag down innocents too, or molehills become mountains etc.
    No one (worth any ounce of breath/byte) is saying every man, or even the majority. But it doesn't take a majority, it just takes the higher ups (those with control), which is what seems to be the issue here. Stop assuming that exposing a problem requires some sort of extremist take.

    As for airing public laundry... It's a double edge sword. On one hand, letting the public know is the only reason that Blizzard is actually doing anything about it (these issues are YEARS old) but on the other hand, it does make every online shithead virtue signal with zero evidence/understanding of both this issue and of the law.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    ‘Part of the crazies’ because change needs to happen. Sounds totally normal that behaviour.
    No, i agree about that part. But making an issue about me protecting men in any general way is problematic indeed.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2021-07-28 at 10:32 AM.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I'll take "people who have never actually worked for the gaming industry and are making up obvious bullshit" for 500 Alex.
    Come to Moscow, i'll give you a couch to crush on and show you the project. Other than that I don't have anything to prove to you.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I'm sure they'll miss your 15 bucks, angry kiddo.
    I mean, yeah.

    Tell me how WoW is and has been doing. :^) Stellar, I assume. Subs breaking through the stratosphere, undoubtedly.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    No one (worth any ounce of breath/byte) is saying every man, or even the majority. But it doesn't take a majority, it just takes the higher ups (those with control), which is what seems to be the issue here. Stop assuming that exposing a problem requires some sort of extremist take.

    As for airing public laundry... It's a double edge sword. On one hand, letting the public know is the only reason that Blizzard is actually doing anything about it (these issues are YEARS old) but on the other hand, it does make every online shithead virtue signal with zero evidence/understanding of both this issue and of the law.
    We have seen this rodeo enough haven't we? One man quickly becomes "all men" and damned be the fool who says "It's not all men, it's just that guy"

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The Activision share price drops and suddenly Bobby is interested in meaningful change. Just a few days ago they were threatening the state of California for even having the nerve to investigate them.
    Oh no, they'll likely still fight them (as any business would), and probably do reasonably well considering California's track record in the last decade.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Funny too how all the woketeers are almost always pushing for others to take these jobs for the sake of progress.

    "I'm not personally interested in coding, but you should be, and here's why."
    Except you're literally looking at the side effect of society forced gender roles and going "See, they don't actually want to do _______!" when literally the amount of women's interest in engineering has gone up. Men and women are different but this isn't the difference.

    Maybe some extremist online "woketeers" are pushing that, but progressives just want the option to be there without the typical "No, you should be interested in _____ instead! That stuff is for boys only!" gender role narrative. Which does exist, even if you personally don't experience it (which I doubt).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •