Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You sound like part of the crazies, but you try to disguise it. Don't bring in some silly hashtag phrase next time you want to be taken seriously.
    ‘Part of the crazies’ because change needs to happen. Sounds totally normal that behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    A lot more complicated than that. First of all, this is a video game company. Most people interested in coding/making games etc. happen to be men. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Funny too how all the woketeers are almost always pushing for others to take these jobs for the sake of progress.

"I'm not personally interested in coding, but you should be, and here's why."

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Have you ever considered that it is largely in favor of the men because the US has a significant cultural bias against women in STEM and that girls and young women are rarely supported when they express initial interest in these fields? Guessing that thought never crossed your mind. But frankly, the fact that you assume by default that male coding applicants are more qualified than female ones tells me everything I need to know about your chauvinistic ass and how a little time you are worth. People who think like you are precisely why there is a problem at Blizzard. You're an embarrassment to the male gender.
    Go ahead, go force more women apply to STEM fields, I'll be with you on that one. As for the rest of your dribble... triggered much?

Look at all these bloodthirsty people. People are useless, and this goes for a lot of people on this forum. A LOT. Do you really fucking imagine that every man who works at Blizzard is a predator? I fucking hope not, stop judging people before you have any sort of evidence, scum.

And that is why laundry should not be aired in public. Since people are shit and all. Yes, you might get retribution for the victims, but 50/50 you will drag down innocents too, or molehills become mountains etc.
    No one (worth any ounce of breath/byte) is saying every man, or even the majority. But it doesn't take a majority, it just takes the higher ups (those with control), which is what seems to be the issue here. Stop assuming that exposing a problem requires some sort of extremist take.

As for airing public laundry... It's a double edge sword. On one hand, letting the public know is the only reason that Blizzard is actually doing anything about it (these issues are YEARS old) but on the other hand, it does make every online shithead virtue signal with zero evidence/understanding of both this issue and of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    ‘Part of the crazies’ because change needs to happen. Sounds totally normal that behaviour.
    No, i agree about that part. But making an issue about me protecting men in any general way is problematic indeed.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2021-07-28 at 10:32 AM.

I'll take "people who have never actually worked for the gaming industry and are making up obvious bullshit" for 500 Alex.
    Come to Moscow, i'll give you a couch to crush on and show you the project. Other than that I don't have anything to prove to you.

I'm sure they'll miss your 15 bucks, angry kiddo.
    I mean, yeah.

Tell me how WoW is and has been doing. :^) Stellar, I assume. Subs breaking through the stratosphere, undoubtedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    No one (worth any ounce of breath/byte) is saying every man, or even the majority. But it doesn't take a majority, it just takes the higher ups (those with control), which is what seems to be the issue here. Stop assuming that exposing a problem requires some sort of extremist take.

As for airing public laundry... It's a double edge sword. On one hand, letting the public know is the only reason that Blizzard is actually doing anything about it (these issues are YEARS old) but on the other hand, it does make every online shithead virtue signal with zero evidence/understanding of both this issue and of the law.
    We have seen this rodeo enough haven't we? One man quickly becomes "all men" and damned be the fool who says "It's not all men, it's just that guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The Activision share price drops and suddenly Bobby is interested in meaningful change. Just a few days ago they were threatening the state of California for even having the nerve to investigate them.
    Oh no, they'll likely still fight them (as any business would), and probably do reasonably well considering California's track record in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Funny too how all the woketeers are almost always pushing for others to take these jobs for the sake of progress.

"I'm not personally interested in coding, but you should be, and here's why."
    Except you're literally looking at the side effect of society forced gender roles and going "See, they don't actually want to do _______!" when literally the amount of women's interest in engineering has gone up. Men and women are different but this isn't the difference.

Maybe some extremist online "woketeers" are pushing that, but progressives just want the option to be there without the typical "No, you should be interested in _____ instead! That stuff is for boys only!" gender role narrative. Which does exist, even if you personally don't experience it (which I doubt).

I mean, yeah.

Tell me how WoW is and has been doing. :^) Stellar, I assume. Subs breaking through the stratosphere, undoubtedly.
    That is a completely different matter. The two situations - the lack of actual good content in WoW and the sexual harassment/discrimination at Blizzard - need to be addressed separately. If you can’t seem to understand that, do some growing up.

You call men 'incels' as in 'involuntarily celibate', men being unable to have sex despite wanting to. That's a macho insult. One that that "feminists" love to use without appreciating the irony of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That is a completely different matter. The two situations - the lack of actual good content in WoW and the sexual harassment/discrimination at Blizzard - need to be addressed separately. If you can’t seem to understand that, do some growing up.
    Read before you comment, thanks dude.

Try again next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    You call men 'incels' as in 'involuntarily celibate', men being unable to have sex despite wanting to. That's a macho insult.
    Honestly, incel is just the new "virgin," and it's just as much of a high school tier insult no matter how people try to dress it up or try to claim it's different to cope.

But I will absolutely, unequivocally mock chauvinistic incels who lack sufficient self awareness to realize that their own horrendous behaviors are the reason they can't find partners.
    Are you saying all incels are chauvinistic? Let's set the record straight here. Let's see it...

Look, I get that you're probably part of their community and I'm sure that a bunch of you on 4Chan decided to try and drop in on this forum. But it's not fooling anyone. Go scream about how much you hate women somewhere else.
    Who took a leak on your cereal?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your first time attempting a strawman argument? It's cute, honestly. But not effective. Holler at me when you graduate past grade school level debate tactics ;-)
    Answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who took a leak on your cereal?
    I'm sure it was the incels.

We have seen this rodeo enough haven't we? One man quickly becomes "all men" and damned be the fool who says "It's not all men, it's just that guy"
    There is a difference between "Men who do this are a problem, especially those that enable it." and "Not all men!". It's similar to people shouting "All Lives Matter" to BLM demonstrations or "Pancreatic cancer matters too!" at a beast cancer rally or "My house is important too!" at fire fighters trying to save a burning home or "Man, I love my grandma" when a friend mentions their grandparents passed away. No one disputes these but those feeling the need to include it comes off as shutting down voices with a defensive motive rather than trying to be fair/accurate.

But until there's a better way for companies to be held accountable, we gotta deal with terrible online discourse to get them to actually act.

Look, I get that you're probably part of their community and I'm sure that a bunch of you on 4Chan decided to try and drop in on this forum. But it's not fooling anyone. Go scream about how much you hate women somewhere else.
    By trying to make my personal sex life relevant to the validity of my argument you're doubling down on macho culture.

A more progressive stance would be to instill on people that their viewpoints aren't connecting to how much approval other people give them for it, be it sexual or otherwise.

I'm sure it was the incels.
    Funny how he is calling people out for being *insert something here*, while sounding like a total raving lunatic himself.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-07-28 at 10:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will not believe a thing will be done in good faith for as long as jab and kotick are in charge. Not a single fucking thing.