Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No they're not lol. Respect is earned, not given. I wouldn't give any respect to a white supremacist for example.
    Better phrase it like this: anyone who acts respectfully towards others should be treated with respect also.
    But not everyone acts respectfully by default. it's a comfy idea, but not reality.
    Havent society told us to respect a swathe of different people the last years without them doing anything to earn it? You show respect to people until they show attitudes not worthy of respect. You don't get to know most people enough to know if they're really worthy of respect, but it's how you behave in a civilized society.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I wouldn't trust that scumbag, but it's your personal choice folks.
    You can be certain he's sincere about taking action if things are starting to cause a drop in share value and investors start pushing back. At that point he basically has to come through. The humanity / equality / caring bit however, not a chance in hell.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2021-07-28 at 11:48 AM.

Why are people even engaging Lobosan? He just wants to be right, and he wants war. It has nothing to do with the case in hand. Please all do yourself a favor and block him, its sad how you keep feeding him

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You can be certain he's sincere if things are starting to cause a drop in share value and investors start pushing back. At that point he basically has to come through. Him actually liking it is of course a whole other thing.
    Pretending to care about people when you only care about your shares being affected is pretty textbook insincerity.

So basically it is a shitstorm. Then someone wrote this to Kotick, he released it. And now nothing happens and everyone forgets about this by the end of the year while Bobby get 200 million dollars in shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You show respect to people until they show attitudes not worthy of respect.
    That is what I said. But there are plenty of people who don't act in a respectful manner by default yet other people still tolerate them (out of fear for conflict or whatever). Often people don't speak out when they encounter something abhorrent but simply condemn it in silence instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Why are people even engaging Lobosan? He just wants to be right, and he wants war. It has nothing to do with the case in hand. Please all do yourself a favor and block him, its sad how you keep feeding him
    And yet you feel compelled to draw me back into the debate. Which is funny because I honestly don't recall engaging with you on here. Were you significant to this conversation in some way? Did I overlook you and cause you to take umbrage? Or are you just looking to be mad at me because I called out shitty people for shitty takes and refused to let up when they tried to switch tactics or pretend they were advocating for justice all along?

Incidentally, I've seen war firsthand. Forum drama is far from it. Dialogue on here barely even rates as a conflict given that everyone is anonymous and no one here really predicates their own self-worth on the opinions of internet strangers (at least I truly hope they don't.). As to my intentions, they fall similarly fall from "war", and align somewhere between genuine advocacy and a bit of well-deserved ridicule at the expense of posters with truly horrendous beliefs on what constitutes acceptable treatment of women.
    Last edited by Lobosan; 2021-07-28 at 11:55 AM.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Pretending to care about people when you only care about your shares being affected is pretty textbook insincerity.
    Yep, I was talking about the taking action part of his statement. All the other stuff is most likely utter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You started out denigrating women in the workplace so you lose any high ground.
    Are you sure you talking with the right person? Because I haven't started anything, and my last posts on this forum are from years ago, and not about politics or social issues.

And your country's political leaders have publically condoned violent acts against LGBT people and women who protest against civil and government abuses, so you'll forgive me if I harbor doubts about your motivations here, particularly in light of your past posts.
    The only political leader in Russia worth talking about is Putin and I'm pretty sure he never condoned any such actions.

As for my motivation, its simple really, I hate generalisations like you did, calling a guy who you don't know, a forum troll, just because your media outlets love to blame russians for everything. Such a progressive position indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That is what I said. But there are plenty of people who don't act in a respectful manner by default yet other people still tolerate them (out of fear for conflict or whatever). Often people don't speak out when they encounter something abhorrent but simply condemn it in silence instead.
    Well, you can't do much about that. We are all responsible for standing up for ourselves when we are treated unfairly. Sure it's nice having someone stand up for us in certain special cases, but that won't always happen.

Softer than a cotton ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Yeah, he's just arguing with strawmen, and it's quite blatant that he's not actually engaging with anything anyone has said. I'm starting to unironically worry that he's in too deep, but I also don't really wanna deal with him. Hope he logs off in a bit and gets some rest.

For anyone else, I would suggest just not replying to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Are you sure you talking with the right person? Because I haven't started anything, and my last posts on this forum are from years ago, and not about politics or social issues.

The only political leader in Russia worth talking about is Putin and I'm pretty sure he never condoned any such actions.

As for my motivation, its simple really, I hate generalisations like you did, calling a guy who you don't know, a forum troll, just because your media outlets love to blame russians for everything. Such a progressive position indeed.
    I wouldn't associate myself with US progressives, as I find that particular wing of politics in the US to be largely insufferable and self-aggrandizing. I'm more akin to a political moderate in general, though I proudly advocate for progressive policies in the areas of social equity, equal rights, and better treatment of marginalized communities. Your orginal post espoused some views that came off as a bit chauvanistic, and I was inclined to ascribe those to pervasive cultural trends which I have previously witnessed in Russia firsthand. Putin AND his administration are directly responsible for the incarceration of hundreds of LGBT individuals under Russia's new "family values protection law", and Putin signed a gay marriage ban as well. It's not a country known for being terribly proactive in empowering women professionally, either....

...that said, your statement about generalizations is a valid one, and I acknowledge that engaging in such was in poor taste on my part. My sincere apologies. At any rate, dialogue on an open forum can get a bit exhausting after a few rounds, so I'm off to get some rest. I'm happy to have a discussion via DM later today on why the intial statement you presented came off as denigrating, if you're genuinely interested in learning about ways to be a more empathetic ally to the women's rights struggle in the US and abroad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, he's just arguing with strawmen, and it's quite blatant that he's not actually engaging with anything anyone has said. I'm starting to unironically worry that he's in too deep, but I also don't really wanna deal with him. Hope he logs off in a bit and gets some rest.

For anyone else, I would suggest just not replying to him.
    I love the "othering" tactic of trying to refer to me in the third person and attempting to insult me while refusing to engage directly. Very high school bully...a bit outdated, like most of your tactics, but I can't fault you for dusting off the classics. I too am a bit worried, as your obsession with me is becoming increasingly inappropriate. I DID tell you I'm a married man, and I fear my husband would be terribly jealous over all the undue attention you've been lavishing me with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So.... less based on merit, more on "diverse" skintones and what's between their legs? Am I reading this correctly?
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

Clown world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    I saw this a lot lately. the only reference I know about that dude is the grand marshal in stormwind. can you guys please point me to some other??
    From wowhead:
    Some examples include:
    Fras Siabi's Axe from Dire Maul is now Grimm's Cigar Cutter;
    All Fras Siabi references in Stratholme, both the dungeon and pet challenge, now direct to Ezra Grimm - Such as the mini-boss Ezra Grimm, The Great Ezra Grimm quest and Ezra Grimm's Advertisement;
    All Furor items have been renamed - Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying is now Nostro's Compendium of Dragon Slaying. The Autographed Picture of Foror and Tigule now only features Tigule, a reference to Jeff Kaplan.
    Field Marshal Afrasiabi in Stormwind has been replaced by Field Marshal Stonebridge;
    Lord Afrastrasz at Wyrmrest Temple is now Lord Devrestrasz;
    Pathstalker Kariel in Eversong Woods is now Pathstalker Avokor;
    Shard of Afrasa is now Shard of the Splithooves;

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Really can't wait for the court of Twitter to dig up Bobby's sexual harassment case.

Also, +1 for hiring a do nothing firm to increase your diversity and inclusivity by another 10,000 points. It's super effective!
    I wouldnt be surprised at this point. Especially from an adult that still goes by the name "Bobby".

Thanks bobby! Please think about removing bwomsamdi from de Other Side Dungeon. After the manastorms He is bragging about what a sexual Predator He was at Lifetime! And yeah, please purge all kinds of boobs. Too inappropriate!

Hiring Practices. Earlier this year I sent an email requiring all hiring managers to ensure they have diverse candidate slates for all open positions. We will be adding compliance resources to ensure that our hiring managers are in fact adhering to this directive.

Does that mean that "whites need not apply" at blizzard now? Because why does sexual harassment charges against blizzard mean that everybody but white people can work there now? This whole "diverse" thing is just globalist speak for "no whites allowed".

I hate woke corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised at this point. Especially from an adult that still goes by the name "Bobby".
    On the one hand, I agree. Plus I want Kotick to step down. But still I would like to ask: Did you also have a problem with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Jim Carrey. They are all adults who go by their nicknames.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    This is very good.

If they do follow all those steps at 100%, they will already be ahead of many other companies on the subject...

I think that this was a good thing for Blizzard. It is going to shake up the team... a team who inherited a master piece and fall asleep on the desk, instead of keeping that master piece up to the times.
    This big shake up is not only going to help bringing proper working conditions.. it might bring them up to the top level. Together with a few position changes... The developer´s and designer´s teams might finally get what they needed... an inspirational work place.

And people, take this serious. This guy was involved in hte same shit in 2010 already.. if he is smart, he will know that there is no point fighting the system on this one, specially with his background... I think Bobby right now might be the one who can drive Blizzard into the right way. (Oh the irony, so many years hating this guy lol... If he genuinely puts the means to achieve great work conditions, that´s it.. then he should let developers do their job)
    Last edited by shise; 2021-07-28 at 12:37 PM.