Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Kotick is a great CEO and will with no doubt fix this and keep Activision Blizzard profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

Clown world.
    Exactly. Still don't know how hiring by skin color and your sex is going to fix the problem. Looks like they are just pushing whites out of the gaming industry because...diversity. And you wonder why other countries are pushing these people out of their nations and creating laws to prevent the crap going on in the Western world. Diversity simply means "whites need not apply" as it is NEVER a word associated against anybody except white males.

Now watch as a virtue signaler calls me a "white supremacist" because I'm pointing out that racist laws are being imposed against whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    From wowhead:
    Some examples include:
    Fras Siabi's Axe from Dire Maul is now Grimm's Cigar Cutter;
    All Fras Siabi references in Stratholme, both the dungeon and pet challenge, now direct to Ezra Grimm - Such as the mini-boss Ezra Grimm, The Great Ezra Grimm quest and Ezra Grimm's Advertisement;
    All Furor items have been renamed - Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying is now Nostro's Compendium of Dragon Slaying. The Autographed Picture of Foror and Tigule now only features Tigule, a reference to Jeff Kaplan.
    Field Marshal Afrasiabi in Stormwind has been replaced by Field Marshal Stonebridge;
    Lord Afrastrasz at Wyrmrest Temple is now Lord Devrestrasz;
    Pathstalker Kariel in Eversong Woods is now Pathstalker Avokor;
    Shard of Afrasa is now Shard of the Splithooves;
    As expected, problematic stuff is Afrasiabi stuff. With how many things are named after employees, I'm sure many other offenders are commemorated but since those haven't been named, they can stay. And so can 'stalker' LOL.

How about keeping the phone number and email private so that trolls don't flood the inbox with garbage, rendering it effectively useless?

Honestly, do people even think for a second before reporting anything? Oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So in the case where two diverse candidates are equal in qualifications and experience, you're saying the white guy should be hired anyway?
    In the case two diverse candidates are equal in qualifications and experience you hold a more difficult tiebreaker until one surpasses the other on the basis of merit.
    You don't automatically hire the "rare skincolor".
    That's racial discrimination over the "less rare skintone".

Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    I realize this might be an incel thing, but that's not how that works.
    If you reversed the races in the original thought...it would be the same.
    The idea itself is to not hire a bunch of the same people as it stifles creation.
    Because creativity is based on skin pigmentation? Ugh.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-07-28 at 12:52 PM.

How many statements did they make already lol I see one every single day now... nobody cares about your well written bs statements. Just stfu and show some results cause actions speak louder than words.
    Edit: after actually reading Bobby Kotick statement it surprisingly is way better than all of those previous bs statements by WoW Devs.
    Last edited by Agrias2x; 2021-07-28 at 03:49 PM.

It's unfortunate that this originally started as claims of sexual harassment and has now spread beyond to include the distraction of so-called "diversity". Really, the problem is people in leadership positions who failed to maintain their responsibility as leaders. Justice ought to be dealt on those who harmed others under their leadership, with no regard to sex, gender, skin color, or any other attribute.

True, "diversity" hiring can bring in more perspectives. But the problem is not perspectives. The problem is spineless, amoral leaders with no self-control. Blizzard could hire more "diverse" candidates and, yes, end up providing more opportunities to those who would have otherwise not had the opportunity. But "diversity" says nothing about the morality of the individuals hired. Thus, Blizzard could end up bringing on more amoral, spineless individuals lacking all self-control.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Why should "women" get a "positive attitude"? Men don't get that. Women shouldn't, either. Individuals should get a positive attitude, someone shouldn't get praise or be coddled simply because they are the "correct" group, that is just discriminatory and pathetic. Everyone should be treated as an adult, not an easily offended toddler that needs everything "toned down" in order to avoid making them cry.
    You, like Jesus, speak the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    True, "diversity" hiring can bring in more perspectives. But the problem is not perspectives.
    Which is definitely something WoW sorely needs right now. It's indeed a shame that diversity of background is considered an accurate proxy for diversity of perspective even though the hiring process is easily able to distinguish the two.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Glad Bobby got my email about the Vulpera.
    This is the first reply I’ve read since signing up here and I am not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    How many statements did they make already lol I see one every single day now... nobody cares about your well written bs statements. Just stfu and show some results cause actions speak louder than words.
    The statement this thread is about is showing some of the results that they are working towards. There’s also been previous statements about changing things in game. Are you even reading the statements you’re complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    But this is results and its not done yet but its atleast a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Haha, you stupid people, incels are not dangerous at all, you're just afraid of shadows!

Meanwhile in the real world: https://www.thelantern.com/2021/07/o...ential-target/

There is a reason for this categorization, and a part of this category IS very dangerous.
    You do realise that the demeaning attitude and ostracisation of them is increasing the risk of this.
    There's no reason to use it as its currently used except for self masturbation. But in the end it just creates more victims.

Empathy and sympathy is what's needed for almost anyone that's troubled. Because they probably have lacked it which turns them into desperate people.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

Clown world.
    If only we had more people on the right side of politics, right?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As expected, problematic stuff is Afrasiabi stuff. With how many things are named after employees, I'm sure many other offenders are commemorated but since those haven't been named, they can stay. And so can 'stalker' LOL.
    I'm pretty sure their naming policies will change in the future, not the first time they had to change stuff.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

"Diversity hires" are the last thing Blizzard needs to improve their product; Blizzard needs quality hires, even if 100% of them are from one group. Basic human decency should be a complementary trait that needs no mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If only we had more people on the right side of politics, right?
    This right here is actually pretty funny. Like show me one western country with leftist government, there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    This right here is actually pretty funny. Like show me one western country with leftist government, there is none.
    That is why people in the West, mainly the US, think that being a leftist is about defunding the police, diversity or whatever other modern buzzword comes to mind. They never knew what leftist politics are because they never had the chance to witness them and are therefor clueless when it comes to reckognizing them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So.... less based on merit, more on "diverse" skintones and what's between their legs? Am I reading this correctly?
    As if their current practices are based on "merit". Don't be so naive. This is exactly why they're being investigated in the first place. Women and other minorities have been passed up for promotions and raises or being hired into new positions in favor of "the boys" (AKA the pals and buddies of the ones in a hiring position). In this case, "diverse candidates" just means everyone will actually be considered and have a fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Your orginal post espoused some views that came off as a bit chauvanistic,..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    ... on why the intial statement you presented came off as denigrating,..
    Dude,.. I literally don't know with whom do you think you're talking. I haven't said a word about women in this or any other thread.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2021-07-28 at 01:30 PM. Reason: too much quoting