Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,190
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

    Clown world.
    You're not judging people based on the color of their skin, you're acknowledging that they've been historically and systemically fucked over. Being "color blind" means you ignore all the struggles that they've had to go through, and their parents, and their grandparents.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Dude,.. I literally don't know with whom do you think you're talking. I haven't said a word about women in this or any other thread.
    Give it a rest. He throws the same buzzwords at anyone who even mildly disagrees with him.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That is why people in the West, mainly the US, think that being a leftist is about defunding the police, diversity or whatever other modern buzzword comes to mind. They never knew what leftist politics are because they never had the chance to witness them and are therefor clueless when it comes to reckognizing them.
    Exactly. Also the two party system of US is laughable since they are both right wing, especially economics wise.

  4. #404
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Aaahh, and there we have it: "The remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination".
    I see what kind of.... books you've been reading here.

    Sorry, no.
    Racial discrimination is never okay, I don't care what sort of holy reasoning about "empowering minorities" you give yourself to justify racist practices against the colors you don't like.
    The guy of your example deserved a fair shot at getting hired equal to anybody else, not a tie-breaker based on skincolor. That's heinously wrong.
    ???? Except being a minority comes with having a different perspective on things, a potentially beneficial trait over just being more of the same that the company already has a ton of. Here, read this quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't know, man. I'll use gender for the sake of argument because we actually have those numbers: if you have a man and a woman with identical qualifications (which is a bit unlikely, but okay), but 80% of your work force is male (which is the case at Blizzard), then you might argue that being a woman is a unique asset that she has over the man, because she can offer unique insights and perspectives that aren't well represented within the current workplace.

    That argument applies to any underrepresented demographic. If 80% of your work force is under 30 and you have a candidate that's 60, they should be given the same sort of consideration.

    Having a diversity of ideas and perspectives is the strength of trying to mirror the diversity of society in your own work force, especially when it comes to a creative industry. And especially if you're making a game for a diverse audience.
    This right here is exactly why it's important to keep workforces diverse. When you have a homogenous mono-culture (also known on the internet as an "echo chamber"), things that are produced may not fully represent your audience the way you would like. There will absolutely be large groups of people (known as minorities) who have their culture and interests ignored by your product in favor of the mono-culture. And you know what? That's not the mono-cultures fault, because they don't have any other experiences to pull from. That's why you inject them with people who DO have other experiences, so that the product you create is that much more complex and rich, and can reach a much wider audience of people.

  5. #405
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,548
    I love when the world crumbles around predatory men in power

  6. #406
    Stood in the Fire Muxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Why are people even engaging Lobosan? He just wants to be right, and he wants war. It has nothing to do with the case in hand. Please all do yourself a favor and block him, its sad how you keep feeding him
    Pretty much this. Just stop feeding troll and he will starve out.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    Who the fuck cares about diversity hires and [race] [sexuality] [gender] the problem is that a shit load of people in your company were sexual predators, I'm sure when it all comes out we'll find that the "diverse" crowd were doing it aswell, the problem is your company is filled with predators of all shapes and sizes, how does just randomly hiring more black people or gay people remedy that? why the fuck are companies so quick to jump to the "WE'LL HIRE BLACK PEOPLE THAT'LL FIX IT" when something comes up, it's actually insulting as fuck.
    It's common in propaganda: the other is always bad, you're always good.
    Now the trend is white male -> bad, the rest -> always good no matter what.
    All the bad in the world is because males are in positions of power, if females were in positions of power there would be no wars, no conflict. It would be paradise.
    All the racism is from white people to the rest, ALWAYS. Although you can go to Japan and see what is probably THE MOST racist and xenophobic society in the world. Or you how in Africa black people had also white slaves. That's forgetting that Africa was the main source of slaves because their own people was enslaving and selling people (mostly people from other tribes).

    The worst thing is that this trend of "minorities are beings of Light" is permeating on the soceity without people noticing that's also racism/xenophobia/sexism, because it's still attributing certain qualities to the people depending of their skin color/origin/sex.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to be treated respectfully. Why must this even be stated?
    Because for everybody to be treated respectfully and in the same way, people with clear advantages in life have to give up some of them. It is as simple as that.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I’m assuming you called Tolkien woke because Aragorn ushered in an era of peace and handed the reins over to Eldarion who continued said peace, right? OMG SO WOKE, U GUYS LOVE PEACE. I LOVE WAR!
    Man, irony is really lost on you...

    You know that whooshing sound you had when you read my post? Right.

  10. #410
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't know, man. I'll use gender for the sake of argument because we actually have those numbers: if you have a man and a woman with identical qualifications (which is a bit unlikely, but okay), but 80% of your work force is male (which is the case at Blizzard), then you might argue that being a woman is a unique asset that she has over the man, because she can offer unique insights and perspectives that aren't well represented within the current workplace.

    That argument applies to any underrepresented demographic. If 80% of your work force is under 30 and you have a candidate that's 60, they should be given the same sort of consideration.

    Having a diversity of ideas and perspectives is the strength of trying to mirror the diversity of society in your own work force, especially when it comes to a creative industry. And especially if you're making a game for a diverse audience.
    The person that gets it. Even a great product that is 100% made by the same demographic gets problematic.

    I'll give another example that didn't get much press coverage. The company Jagex, behind RuneScape, was historically made by a small dozen or so English gents. The game featured an area based on Saudi Arabia mythology. In one specific area of the desert, there is a town where each and every character was named Ali. Through dialogue and loose referencing, the player can find that everyone named "Ali" is essentially a rip on the real world naming convention of many people in the Middle East being named "Muhammad".

    All the NPCs in the city got renamed as Jagex's workforce diversified, and this potentially problematic part of the game was fixed internally by staff, with players not even given patch notes that many NPCs were renamed.

    What I'm saying is, Blizzard could have avoided this if they were as diverse and woke as they claimed.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-07-28 at 01:51 PM.

  11. #411
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,190
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Are you sure you talking with the right person? Because I haven't started anything, and my last posts on this forum are from years ago, and not about politics or social issues.

    The only political leader in Russia worth talking about is Putin and I'm pretty sure he never condoned any such actions.

    As for my motivation, its simple really, I hate generalisations like you did, calling a guy who you don't know, a forum troll, just because your media outlets love to blame russians for everything. Such a progressive position indeed.
    I mean, Russia isn't exactly known for being very kind or thinking very highly of LGBT, so it's not too surprising he's confused. That said, I haven't found any open statements condoning violence, but I also haven't looked too deeply.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    What I'm saying is, Blizzard could have avoided this if they were as diverse and woke as they claimed.
    How? Black/asian/indian/whatever men can't be part of this so called "bro culture"?

  13. #413
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're not judging people based on the color of their skin, you're acknowledging that they've been historically and systemically fucked over. Being "color blind" means you ignore all the struggles that they've had to go through, and their parents, and their grandparents.
    It's actually ignoring all the struggles they pretend to have on twitter for likes

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That is why people in the West, mainly the US, think that being a leftist is about defunding the police, diversity or whatever other modern buzzword comes to mind. They never knew what leftist politics are because they never had the chance to witness them and are therefor clueless when it comes to reckognizing them.


    I love how people of politics think that leftist and people of the right think that either side is better. When all actuality both sides are pure shit and both sides are nothing but dirty ass bitches. Neither is better then the other and it is not like either side is angels. Both sides are nothing but wolves ready to get over on the innocent for money. Fuck politics. They have no place in video games.............Not even a little.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

  15. #415
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You do realise that the demeaning attitude and ostracisation of them is increasing the risk of this.
    There's no reason to use it as its currently used except for self masturbation. But in the end it just creates more victims.

    Empathy and sympathy is what's needed for almost anyone that's troubled. Because they probably have lacked it which turns them into desperate people.
    Did i demean or ostracise them? I'd argue that i didn't, and i would support any help for them to get out of this subculture. But if they become a danger for society or commit crimes, they should feel the consequences. This is not some disability that is clouding your judgement.

    I fully support empathy and passion for them, if they want the help. If they want to stay in their victim world and lash out on it - fuck em. (and this is btw. the same argument i bring for religious terrorists, white supremacists, you name them)

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Man, irony is really lost on you...

    You know that whooshing sound you had when you read my post? Right.
    You know what's easier instead of trying to be an internet smart arse? Be direct. Get to the point.

    So either you're be sarcastic in the face of this whole 'omg Blizzard is woke' fracas, or you actually believe it. Put your best foot forward.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're not judging people based on the color of their skin, you're acknowledging that they've been historically and systemically fucked over. Being "color blind" means you ignore all the struggles that they've had to go through, and their parents, and their grandparents.
    Okay, acnowledged. Now get a move on, and stop crying about being a victim.
    Guess what: having a certain skincolor in no way proves that you, your parents, or your grandparents had it rougher than me, my parents, or my grandparents.

    Being "color blind" denies the victim card based on stuff that happened centuries ago to people who looked like them - hence why they hate it.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How? Black/asian/indian/whatever men can't be part of this so called "bro culture"?
    The man has a point. Blizzard does a LOT of grandstanding, whilst also engaging in corporate shillery AND then having this ugly side of engaging in sexual harassment and discrimination. So what he's saying is Blizzard was ACTUALLY woke and diverse, and not just grandstanding, sexual harassment and discrimination wouldn't exist. And he's right. There's tons of companies that pretend to be diverse and inclusive, but DGAF. Look at Coke. They've gone full rainbow marketing in the West during Pride Week, but if you go to any country LGBTQ rights are non-existent, there is no sign of it. Because they only care about the big fat wads of cash. If they actually had an ounce of courage, they'd go full pride week and more in the countries where LGBTQ rights are an issue. That's the real standing up for diversity and inclusion. The rest is usual marketing and faff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Okay, acnowledged. Now get a move on, and stop crying about being a victim.
    Guess what: having a certain skincolor in no way proves that you, your parents, or your grandparents had it rougher than me, my parents, or my grandparents.

    Being "color blind" denies the victim card based on stuff that happened centuries ago to people who looked like them - hence why they hate it.
    That is the dumbest fucking take ever. There is a HIGH AS FUCK chance that the ancestors of African-Americans have had it really fucking hard, even going back 50-75 years. So no, 'colour blind' is just an easy way to say, 'I won't treat situations with care and respect, I'll be a dick to everyone'.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Did i demean or ostracise them? I'd argue that i didn't, and i would support any help for them to get out of this subculture. But if they become a danger for society or commit crimes, they should feel the consequences. This is not some disability that is clouding your judgement.

    I fully support empathy and passion for them, if they want the help. If they want to stay in their victim world and lash out on it - fuck em. (and this is btw. the same argument i bring for religious terrorists, white supremacists, you name them)
    Didn't say you did. But you posted in a discussion where its used as an insult to do so. And frankly the term nowadays is widely used as solely an insult. Just used it as an segway to hopefully people stop using it as an insult because it only breeds more victims including those of violence.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're not judging people based on the color of their skin, you're acknowledging that they've been historically and systemically fucked over. Being "color blind" means you ignore all the struggles that they've had to go through, and their parents, and their grandparents.
    And how will that improve planet earth? People are so fucked in the head these days. Pitying and sympathizing for eternity, will that help anyone? Maybe they can get a whip and take a crack at slavery? will that make their lives any better? No of course it won't. Moving forward hand is what has to be done. Blaming and guilting is a fools endevour and will continue to breed hate in equal measure to the good it attempts to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •