Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Don't forget movies, and series as well. Diversity and inclusivity are the death of creativity.
    Technically it's ideology who's the death of creativity, because the moment your start putting up fences and banning stuff "you can't do or say" because they go against the dogma then you automatically limit yourself and thus end up creating a shittier product than someone else who is free.

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have you played any western game recently? Huge backlash to almost all of them because they're just bad, buggy and/or unfinished all while all these companies say diversity and inclusion is paramount to the company
    so, first you fall for the obvious propaganda of thinking any corporation cares about any position they take beyond the assumption it will bump up sales, as is what you do under capitalism. and then you think that, and that alone is why western games are crap? like, this is beyond childish.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    World of Warcraft.
    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks. do you people ever listen to yourselves?

    none of you seem to really grasp that it's not "inclusivity" that kills creativity, it's capitalism, it's the desire to acquire more money and for as little cost as possible. like you cannot tell me inclusivity is why some Blizzard employees are paid so little they have to skip meals.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 04:26 PM.

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Technically it's ideology who's the death of creativity, because the moment your start putting up fences and banning stuff "you can't do or say" because they go against the dogma then you automatically limit yourself and thus end up creating a shittier product than someone else who is free.
    Yep, and they did just that. Check Disney's response where they say that if a writer comes to them with a story where the main characters are white and the inclusivity comes from supporting characters they pass on them. And they are proud of that. Or how most of the new Marvel shit has SJW writers that have not once opened a comic book, whilst nerd that spent all their lives reading them have no chance to ever get a job like that cause they are the wrong skin color ( white) or god forbid they are straight and male.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have you played any western game recently? Huge backlash to almost all of them because they're just bad, buggy and/or unfinished all while all these companies say diversity and inclusion is paramount to the company
    I believe the Angry Videogame Nerd has made an entire series on the countless number of shitty games made in the so called golden era of gaming. Shitty games have always existed and there's probably no more now than there were then relative to actual good games. The bad always vastly outnumbers the good in gaming. And this is all very subjective. There was a lot of backlash for Last of Us 2, for example, and I thought it was an amazing game. Some people agree and some don't and that's the case for Every game. Say any game you think is flawless and I assure you I can find at least one rant about how it's actually a terrible game no matter how popular the opinion might be overall.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Don't forget movies, and series as well. Diversity and inclusivity are the death of creativity.
    I don't think it's creativity that's dying though, as with more diversity you do get more ideas, it's that those ideas all get hamstrung for pushing boundaries and for possibly being offensive, so everything gets boiled down to only the most basic, simple, non-groundbreaking, non-boundary pushing, non-offensive things which get released which pleases no one.

    South Park covered this years ago.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8RJpC0nn4

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks. do you people ever listen to yourselves?
    Only the correlation was being pointed to. That you're jumping to what you think is its cause is on you.

  7. #647
    Then you arent diversity hiring, but hiring the most qualified person. by definition, a diversity hire is just someone you took to fill your quota. It is a made up twitter snowflake word that didnt exist until relatively recently.
    My point stands.

    BUT PLEASE, do go on screeching about how merit based society is rayceest, troglodyte.

    Also, unrelated but i find this highly amusing.

    Wow started pandering to transgender people, and then subsequently lost 41% of its subscribers. Jogs the nogging doesnt it.
    Last edited by Alamhaoingaturlife; 2021-07-28 at 04:29 PM.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have you played any western game recently? Huge backlash to almost all of them because they're just bad, buggy and/or unfinished all while all these companies say diversity and inclusion is paramount to the company
    But don't you see you bigot? the fact that Dark souls now removed the male/female option and it has body type a and b was the greatest invention of our time. Also the people who created these changes could not make their own game that is successful so they have to remake games that weren't SJW cancer and put the cancer in it themselves.

  9. #649
    "United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement"

    So, basically this guy got paid to sit on his ass and do nothing?

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Only the correlation was being pointed to. That you're jumping to what you think is its cause is on you.
    what correlation? where's the causation? just saying these things is not in and of themselves proof of anything...

  11. #651
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,135
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    so, first you fall for the obvious propaganda of thinking any corporation cares about any position they take beyond the assumption it will bump up sales, as is what you do under capitalism. and then you think that, and that alone is why western games are crap? like, this is beyond childish.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks. do you people ever listen to yourselves?
    Well, they care enough to where i see the devs on twitter being obvious far left ideologues. So all i see from you is trying to sweep it under the rug and pretend there isn't a problem, like all you lefties try and do.

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Technically it's ideology who's the death of creativity, because the moment your start putting up fences and banning stuff "you can't do or say" because they go against the dogma then you automatically limit yourself and thus end up creating a shittier product than someone else who is free.
    This, really. No reason why having more people that aren't white or male working on something has to be the death of creativity. It's the ideologies that are bound with laser-focusing on hiring specific groups over others.

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well, they care enough to where i see the devs on twitter being obvious far left ideologues. So all i see from you is trying to sweep it under the rug and pretend there isn't a problem, like all you lefties try and do.
    oh no the horror of people with opinions different from you, in a country where that's their god given right. like I could ask for any sort of evidence to back these claims up but you and I know that doesn't exist. this is just you falling into whatever comfort zone where you can switch your brain off and fire a few talking points and feel better about yourself.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 04:31 PM.

  14. #654
    High Overlord Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Comfortably atop the meters
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    when Afrasiabi himself did not come forward and said he was innocent.
    In all fairness, silence doesn't automatically imply guilt, and may just be at the recommendation of legal counsel. ProJared is a notable recent example of this. So I wouldn't take it as a huge indicator on its own in either direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have you played any western game recently? Huge backlash to almost all of them because they're just bad, buggy and/or unfinished all while all these companies say diversity and inclusion is paramount to the company
    While there's certainly been a correlation between declining game quality and increasingly-zealous fervor for diversity within the games industry over the past several years, I'm not sold on this being the cause of games being buggy messes, particularly with the "We'll release a buggy product and patch it later because it's more profitable" model that companies have been increasingly utilizing, and increased size of staff on larger titles potentially creating a "Too many cooks in the kitchen" situation. The larger in scope something becomes, the easier it becomes to screw up. Also why open-world games seem to be unable to shed their buggy repitoire.

  15. #655
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have you played any western game recently? Huge backlash to almost all of them because they're just bad, buggy and/or unfinished all while all these companies say diversity and inclusion is paramount to the company
    Well, there's obviously subjectivity in how good a game is. I'd argue proof requires showing their profits decreasing. Even then, it's a pretty far fetched argument to suggest it is at all linked to increased diversity and inclusion as opposed to the evolution of the gaming market in last few decades.

  16. #656
    In California the law AB 979 is requiring public traded corp to have "diverse" people on the board. Merit doesn't matter.

  17. #657
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    But don't you see you bigot? the fact that Dark souls now removed the male/female option and it has body type a and b was the greatest invention of our time. Also the people who created these changes could not make their own game that is successful so they have to remake games that weren't SJW cancer and put the cancer in it themselves.
    Oh god, don't remind me that.

    Type A and Type B. Despite the models clearly swapping between male and female. Jesus.

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Well, there's obviously subjectivity in how good a game is. I'd argue proof requires showing their profits decreasing. Even then, it's a pretty far fetched argument to suggest it is at all linked to increased diversity and inclusion as opposed to the evolution of the gaming market in last few decades.
    which is the obvious answer, wow, capitalism working as intended, a company sees a market, and tries to tap it. really for a bunch of people who I assume hate the idea of socialism or whatever leftist ideology out there sure do hate it when western capitalism does it's thing.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 04:35 PM.

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Yep, and they did just that. Check Disney's response where they say that if a writer comes to them with a story where the main characters are white and the inclusivity comes from supporting characters they pass on them. And they are proud of that. Or how most of the new Marvel shit has SJW writers that have not once opened a comic book, whilst nerd that spent all their lives reading them have no chance to ever get a job like that cause they are the wrong skin color ( white) or god forbid they are straight and male.
    lmao you actually think the writers for MCU haven't read the comics lmao.

    Holy fuck do you actually believe this shit? Go look at recent disney movies and let me know there aren't any white lead characters in them lmao

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    so, first you fall for the obvious propaganda of thinking any corporation cares about any position they take beyond the assumption it will bump up sales, as is what you do under capitalism. and then you think that, and that alone is why western games are crap? like, this is beyond childish.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks. do you people ever listen to yourselves?
    Why are you pulling a strawman on me? What does my reply have to do with trans people? I gave you an example of a game that is objectively in decline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •