Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Which part specifically of these shows did you not like? You don't like it when the black guy mentions something about wanting to be treated fairly? You don't like it when women don't want to be looked down upon?

    Why do you hate women and minorities?
    Leave topics like that for movies that are actually thought provoking (and dare I say actually good). People don't go to see a silly popcorn flick to be preached about some real life issues (whatever they may be). And that's not even the main issue. The main issue is that this preaching is often done in a very hamfisted way. They're not doing it to actually make a difference in the world but to score brownie points.

  2. #682
    High Overlord vincink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    face.eat(cheese)
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Just so I can understand your position, you believe Afrasiabi to be innocent and all the women that came forward with allegations to be lying for some ulterior motive, when Afrasiabi himself did not come forward and said he was innocent.
    I can't speak for the person you quoted but I do believe that...

    1. The accused are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    2. The accused have a right to a defense.
    3. The accuser's testimony warrants investigation with no regard to the merits or demerits of the accuser or accused.

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Oh noes, i spoke up against forced diversity, it can only mean I am a racist.
    Tell me you are a leftist NPC without telling me you are a leftist NPC.
    We are about 1 comment off from you calling me the typical shit you people always say like oh alt-right, far-right etc etc
    I mean if you're going to act like a racist sexist piece of shit is your argument really going to be "you called me names so your points are invalid!!" Sounds like some real snowflake behavior in my opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Leave topics like that for movies that are actually thought provoking (and dare I say actually good). People don't go to see a silly popcorn flick to be preached about some real life issues (whatever they may be). And that's not even the main issue. The main issue is that this preaching is often done in a very hamfisted way. They're not doing it to actually make a difference in a world but to score brownie points.
    A brief mention of issues that are prevalent in our society = "hamfisting"

    alright if you say so.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Pretty fucked up for you to assume it was strictly based on them being female.
    It's literally in the law, that's what's fucked up.

  5. #685
    IT HAS GREAT REVIEWS !!! OMG (they deleted every negative review cause they are the ones deciding which ones are the "trolls" )
    That's you.
    for someone named trollhunter, you really should be hunting your own self.

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    "When did you stop beating your wife"?

    This is a mere strawman disguised as a question. You're not arguing in good faith here.
    So you can't answer my question? What part of those shows and movies did you not like specifically?

    How is asking you a question a strawman? Can you answer it or not?

  7. #687
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'm not ignoring it I just fail to see how it has any relevance at all besides you being a petty reactionary.
    A reactionary is one who opposes liberalization and me being a liberal, i cannot be one. Absolutely encourage you to not use buzzwords incorrectly.

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    It's literally in the law, that's what's fucked up.
    Where in the law does it say merits don't matter?

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I mean if you're going to act like a racist sexist piece of shit is your argument really going to be "you called me names so your points are invalid!!" Sounds like some real snowflake behavior in my opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    A brief mention of issues that are prevalent in our society = "hamfisting"

    alright if you say so.
    Oh and there it is ladies and gentleman. I spoke up against forced diversity and now i am a racist sexist piece of shit.

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    for someone named trollhunter, you really should be hunting your own self.
    Ouch. Burned.

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what correlation? where's the causation? just saying these things is not in and of themselves proof of anything...
    And now in the right order:

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's just been a funny correlation between more and more diversity and worse and worse games, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks.
    Thank you for watching The Gift Shop Sketch!

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Oh and there it is ladies and gentleman. I spoke up against forced diversity and now i am a racist sexist piece of shit.
    You're not speaking up against forced diversity lmao you're literally arguing that legit methods to increase diversity and inclusion are bad.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    A reactionary is one who opposes liberalization and me being a liberal, i cannot be one. Absolutely encourage you to not use buzzwords incorrectly.
    word salad.

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    A brief mention of issues that are prevalent in our society = "hamfisting"

    alright if you say so.
    Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted. It comes off as pretentious. Why put it there at all if it is only a brief mention?

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    You sure?
    Let's assume that there are two candidates: one fit for the job (white) and one equally fit for the job (POC).
    Based on these new directives, the white guy will likely get thrown down the drain 100% despite having all the same qualifications as his rival because the latter will happen to have the "right" skintone and thus get special treatment.

    Thus... it will be hiring based on gender/skin color.
    The moment you put "diversity" as an obligatory quota to fill you automatically shift from equality of opportunity to equality of outcome if you want to ensure that precious "pet zoo of colors" you want to parade to the public.
    Wrong, wrong, WRONG.
    Here's how it actually works.

    A job position opens up. The hiring manager/hr decides a timeframe for which applications will be accepted and reviewed. 50 applications come in during that time for which the applicant's merits and job history make them a good fit for the role. Of the 50 applications, let's say 15 of them are from women, including 5 women of color. Of the 35 applications from men, let's say 10 of them are from men of color.

    What Bobby Kotick's directive is saying is that hiring managers and resume reviewers will now be held more accountable if they are found to be automatically rejecting the applications of women or people of color whose applications demonstrated sufficient experience or merit.

    If they get 50 qualified applicants, then the candidate slate has 50 people in it. None shaved off for being non-white, none shaved off for being female (in form or in presentation), etc.

    This is a thing that happens all the time, and it's bullshit, and your complete ignorance on the subject and perpetuation of a misguided perspective on the matter only further complicates the issue.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    And now in the right order:





    Thank you for watching The Gift Shop Sketch!
    lol omg you're so cute thinking this is evidence of anything but your own biases going to town. I ask for evidence and all I get is the doubling and tripping down of your own behavior giving your positions on the topic away.

  17. #697
    A "walk out" is hardly as effective in an environment like Activision-Blizzard as it is in lets say, a snack factory. The courageous thing to do would be handing in resignation letters en masse. What does a walk out cost Blizzard, a bunch of underperformant sprints? You might not think it, but the market is actually starving for work right now. Software companies are not going to care about a walk out... The hardest thing this organization would have to reconcile with is a mass exodus of talent. There are plenty of companies that are begging for more women to take up leadership and engineering roles.

  18. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Yeah well it happened in the company i work at, check my earlier comment around page 30.
    And it's not a "deranged notion about women" I work in a 3 shift workplace but i shift over every week.
    Meaning i work with 3 different teams. All of them are entitled assholes, all blaming the other team for any failures, all thinking they are the best at the job and that it's the other team that sucks. This happens on an individual level as well, almost all of them think they are the most qualified for the job and should get promoted.
    The key difference between the males and females? The males can't sue the company saying that it must be sexism that they weren't promoted. They just have to accept that they weren't and move on.
    So you think EEO protections only apply to women? There are literal cases from the EEOC where men were discriminated against.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted. It comes off as pretentious. Why put it there at all if it is only a brief mention?
    Why not put it there? The fact that you think any mention of such issues is forced and unnatural is a personal problem you have.

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Why not put it there? The fact that you think any mention of such issues is forced and unnatural is a personal problem you have.
    I didn't say "any" mention. I see you are building strawmen again. I'm out.

  20. #700
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    word salad.
    Hey, if you don't know the definition of a word, don't use it and then get mad at me. It's ok if you don't know things

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •