Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
54
... LastLast
  1. #861
    Bobby is a complete MORON with a capital MO

  2. #862
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    If the system allowed for the birth of a Blizzard type corporation, I would blame the system. Just because the system can do good it does not mean it cant do bad things. Not to mention that today's economy is a oligopoly, the ma an pa shops are dying all around the USA.
    The system was flawed from the begining, it's just that now we're seeing it collapse.

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    As opposed to what, eating our infants under the communist regime?
    I'll take "Possible King" over "guaranteed poor" anytime of the day, thank you.
    who are you talking to? I don't see anyone saying we need to implement communism, is that the mind bats?

  4. #864
    Pit Lord Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And now, millions have apartments with dogs and thousands of dollars of video games while arguing across the world on tiny computers. What a horrible system!
    You conveniently excluded the income inequality, the millions of people that live in insecure food households, the millions of people in crushing debt and the massive poverty and starvation around the world.

    While I am not against capitalism per se, this idea that it's perfect and can do no wrong is pretty silly.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  5. #865
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    and now they all face evictions and medical, school debt. work dead end jobs with no way of making their living situation better because heaven forbid we tax Amazon, like at all.
    Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people. Also they complain about all that while having the newest iphone every year, lol.

  6. #866
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    who are you talking to? I don't see anyone saying we need to implement communism, is that the mind bats?
    If capitalism is so bad, what would you replace it with, then?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You conveniently excluded the income inequality, the millions of people that live in insecure food households, the millions of people in crushing debt and the massive poverty and starvation around the world.
    I don't get this part, what's wrong with income inequality? I don't want income to be equal, because then I've got nothing left to strive for.
    I want to be able to make millions while my neighbour next door makes thousands if I play my card rights, have the right ideas and enough luck. I don't want that chance at striking it big gone.

    And as for the rest... why are you assuming that insecure food households, poverty and starvation are a problem of capitalism? That stuff exist everywhere, in every system.

    While I am not against capitalism per se, this idea that it's perfect and can do no wrong is pretty silly.
    Nobody holds that idea.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again you are misrepresenting what he said and are lying about what he is doing. Your silence and refusal to condemn the behavior that Alex called out is tells me you are OK with it. Your silence speaks volumes.
    Wrong. Cope.

  8. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people.
    because it hasn't happened to you? sexual assault doesn't happen because it's never happened to you? people just make bad choices when they go to college and then can't find work because the economy collapsed and have to work at McDonalds because you've never gone out and gotten a job? I see what the problem is here, you lack any and all manner of empathy. your posts are dripping in it.

  9. #869
    Blaming everything (for example) a culture of rampant sexual harassment at a company on society is an easy scapegoat and only serves to diminish the personal culpability of abusers.

  10. #870
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The system was flawed from the begining, it's just that now we're seeing it collapse.
    Well, while you claim collapse, I'm on my lunch break watching people eat outside on a nice day without a care in the world at my restaurant. Honestly, go outside lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    because it hasn't happened to you? sexual assault doesn't happen because it's never happened to you? people just make bad choices when they go to college and then can't find work because the economy collapsed and have to work at McDonalds because you've never gone out and gotten a job? I see what the problem is here, you lack any and all manner of empathy. your posts are dripping in it.
    Iv'e been molested and I've gotten several men at work fired for harassing me and other women. Those men made a decision and now suffered the consequences, like we all do :^)

  11. #871
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Almost all of those things were chosen by the individual because that hasn't happened to me and many other people. Also they complain about all that while having the newest iphone every year, lol.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

    It's like saying: "I have never been mugged, there's no crime in the world!"

    I think you're too young, to naive, or both of them.

  12. #872
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

    Iv'e been molested and I've gotten several men at work fired for harassing me and other women. Those men made a decision and now suffered the consequences, like we all do :^)
    again, it only seems to matter when it affects you. I'm legitimately sorry you had to deal with that but your behavior here is so truly and utterly bizarre.

  13. #873
    Pit Lord Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    If capitalism is so bad, what would you replace it with, then?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't get this part, what's wrong with income inequality? I don't want income to be equal, because then I've got nothing left to strive for.
    I want to be able to make millions while my neighbour next door makes thousands if I play my card rights, have the right ideas and enough luck. I don't want that chance at striking it big gone.

    And as for the rest... why are you assuming that insecure food households, poverty and starvation are a problem of capitalism? That stuff exist everywhere, in every system.



    Nobody holds that idea.
    Apologies I should have written EXTREME income inequality. If someone makes millions and you make thousands that is, to some extent, acceptable. If someone make Billions and you make pennies, and most of those billions are inherited, that is another subject. SOme income inequality is good, extreme income inequality on the other hand, is not.

    Because the predominant system in the world is capitalism and, as an economical system, it's role is to provide the basis for a decent economy for as many people as possible. If the system allows for all of these problems, that are economical in it's roots, to happen, it is the fault of the system.

    Not saying we should change systems or anything, but the current state of the world is largely the responsability of capitalism, for good or ill.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  14. #874
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well, while you claim collapse, I'm on my lunch break watching people eat outside on a nice day without a care in the world at my restaurant. Honestly, go outside lol
    Rome didn't fall in one day. The collapse could encompass decades.

  15. #875
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    again, it only seems to matter when it affects you. I'm legitimacy sorry you had to deal with that but your behavior here is so truly and utterly bizarre.
    Should i feel sorry for people that get a degree knowing it won't make them any money? I don't see why i would. Do you feel sorry for somebody that jumps a fence that says beware of dog and gets attacked by a dog?

  16. #876
    High Overlord vincink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    face.eat(cheese)
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    ever heard of the great depression? and no they created their fortunes in the aftermath of the world war where unions were at their peak and taxes on the wealthy equally so. also didn't hurt that nearly every other industrialized country in the world was a smoldering pile of rubble.
    Yes, I've heard of the Great Depression. It occurred in the 1930s, which is less than the 100 years ago you mentioned. What does this have to do with the capitalist system of America, which has existed at least since the late 18th century?
    Last edited by vincink; 2021-07-28 at 07:54 PM.

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

    It's like saying: "I have never been mugged, there's no crime in the world!"

    I think you're too young, to naive, or both of them.
    More like: "I have never been mugged, guess I've been careful enough to avoid that".

  18. #878
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,171
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Rome didn't fall in one day. The collapse could encompass decades.
    Yeah, still waiting for that. The people outside sure have nice car though.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Should i feel sorry for people that get a degree knowing it won't make them any money?
    you mean a degree in computer science? because funnily enough when people go to college for those "liberal arts degrees" they tend to have a much wider selection of fields to work in. and no you're just making the case for your own sociopathy.

  20. #880
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You need a reality check. He is a rapist.
    Are you really that surprised that someone who was defending Blizzard's statements that dismissed the lawsuit, and by extension the sexual misconduct taken against their female employees, would also not call Cosby a rapist?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •