Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    More like: "I have never been mugged, guess I've been careful enough to avoid that".
    I actually have. It was my zelda wind waker pre order bonus. You guys are conflating me saying individual choice when it's the other's choice to mug. Don't get a bad degree in college if you want to pay off debt (or just don't go at all).

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Yes, I've heard of the Great Depression. It occurred in the 1930s, which is less than the 100 years ago you mentioned. What does this have to do with the capitalist system of America, which as existed at least since the late 18th century?
    that we find ourselves in the exact same social and economic climate we did then? like, take a pick of things that will cause the next crash, could be the housing bubble, could be student debt, could be the pandemic that's still happening.

People that spent more time on this forum in the last decade than IRL are telling other forum posters to go outside. This is one of the best threads EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Are you really that surprised that someone who was defending Blizzard's statements that dismissed the lawsuit, and by extension the sexual misconduct taken against their female employees, would also not call Cosby a rapist?
    Careful with those jumps in logic, one more and you'll fall off the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    you mean a degree in computer science? because funnily enough when people go to college for those "liberal arts degrees" they tend to have a much wider selection of fields to work in. and no you're just making the case for your own sociopathy.
    /shrug it's not like bitching about capitalism on a niche world of warcraft site's comment section is saving the world. I really don't like slackivist ideologues that just screech about things on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Your reading comprehension needs some work.

"Either you're hiring the person most qualified for the job (this may include those who happen to be a minority), or you're hiring someone worse, but who ticks the quota checkmark."
    Or you can change your recruiting and intern programs to widen out their reach and get a different mix of candidates. You can still hire the best but with a wider, more diverse—more women, more persons of color—group of applicants and interns "the best" at the end of that process may happen to be a woman or person of color instead of a white guy. If your pool of candidates is heavily weighted towards white males then that's what you're going to get. The point here is more opportunity, not quotas. This is not complicated and people that cannot understand this are not trying.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 08:03 PM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

More like: "I have never been mugged, guess I've been careful enough to avoid that".
    You can be careful and still be caught in the shit: for example, getting cancer on USA. Good luck with the private medical insurance.
    Do people with cancer are guilty of being ill?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    /shrug it's not like bitching about capitalism on a niche world of warcraft site's comment section is saving the world. I really don't like slackivist ideologues that just screech about things on the internet
    lol says the one who literally complained about the environment capitalism creates. if you have nothing else to say you can just stop replying.

Ok so, when you connect this to the stuff that some of them have done it's obviously bad.

But on the other hand it's a private chat. Everyone has talked about fucking someone in a private chat. Just cause Dave said he's gathering "hot chixx" doesn't make him bad unless he actually went and harassed someone.

Same goes for Jesse McRee. Unless I missed something then he hasn't done anything. And the people who argue on twitter about renaming the OW character are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    lol says the one who literally complained about the environment capitalism creates. if you have nothing else to say you can just stop replying.
    I'm a lot more pragmatic than you it seems. And i'm hardly complaining. Capitalism can use some tweaks here and there, but life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Ok so, when you connect this to the stuff that some of them have done it's obviously bad.

But on the other hand it's a private chat. Everyone has talked about fucking someone in a private chat. Just cause Dave said he's gathering "hot chixx" doesn't make him bad unless he actually went and harassed someone.

Same goes for Jesse McRee. Unless I missed something then he hasn't done anything. And the people who argue on twitter about renaming the OW character are idiots.
    Look at his profile picture. What in the world was this dude thinking? Why did nobody step in? Aren't these educated people? Oh boy

In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.

would be interesting to know what exactly are those in-game content that are inappropriate. i would assume some of those are the name of certain npc's but what are the rest ?

I actually have. It was my zelda wind waker pre order bonus. You guys are conflating me saying individual choice when it's the other's choice to mug. Don't get a bad degree in college if you want to pay off debt (or just don't go at all).
    There's a problem with what you say:
    - The market suddenly needs samophlange engineers.
    - Johny, that he though "hey, the market really needs samophlange engineers! I'm gonna be a samphlange engineer so I can have lots of mony"
    - Johny spends 5 years of his live (and a lot of money) on Samophlange Institute of Technology, and now he is a samophlange engineer!
    - Too bad that the need of samophlange engineers was already covered 1 year ago and now he has no job expectation. I guess he should have studied to be discombobulator engineer. What an idiot!

Careful with those jumps in logic, one more and you'll fall off the Earth.
    Bill Cosby was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting women, many of which claimed he raped them. The charges that were pursued were the ones easier to prove in a court of law, risking no conviction if they try and push rape charges, with there totaling around 60 accusers who are victims of rape and sexual assault (facilitated by Cosby drugging them). Anyone who believes that Bill Cosby is not a rapist at this point is an idiot.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, not what he said. People really need to stop with this dishonesty. Context is key and you obviously ignored it completely to make this BS statement.
    then give me the context and stop acting like whatever you say is right inherently. give me links to prove i took something out of context.

Considering one of the points of the lawsuit is criticizing Blizzard for their "mostly white male staff" (as if there's something wrong with being white or male, how heinous) I think it's naive to think this isn't exactly how things will play out.
    -.- what?
    they do know that 83% of usa population is white, that means that the overwhelming majority of work force at ANY american company should be white, and since males tend to work more than females, i bet it should also be mostly male
    ok don't shove sexuality, but seriously are they blaming a company for being majority white, in a majority white country? there are entire companies in india with pure non-white force, heck i bet most companies in mexico are hispanic, so are they also racists or for FUCK sake normal that the fucking majority race of ur country, dominate any company they work at!?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If there are 2 businesses, one goes full blizzard corporation and one is a humble ma and pa shop, you'd blame the system and not the people who chose to go full corporation? Lol
    The "humble" ma and pa store is only that because they fucked up somewhere either not getting enough customers to go full corporation or just failed at business as a whole. The "humble" ma and pa store are still out there to screw every coin they can from the customer, they still want all the money. That's capitalism, if you say otherwise then you're a fucking fool.

No business is your friend, no business is made to be nice to you. EVERY FUCKING BUSINESS is there to make money, make more money. None are going to say no when the opportunity to get even more money comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.

would be interesting to know what exactly are those in-game content that are inappropriate. i would assume some of those are the name of certain npc's but what are the rest ?
    guarantee /flirt gets the axe

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Is this image, actually real? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Wait so Blizzard is paying it’s employees to participate in the walk out? So it’s being sanctioned by the company the ? Smells more like a publicity stunt than an actual walk out meant to spark change within the company
    Remember when NBA players tried to boycott a game in the bubble? The league postponed the game 2 days and the world moved on like nothing happened. Same thing here, by sanctioning the walkout it takes away the sacrifice so in the end nothing changes.