Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
... LastLast
  1. #901
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,165
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    There's a problem with what you say:
    - The market suddenly needs samophlange engineers.
    - Johny, that he though "hey, the market really needs samophlange engineers! I'm gonna be a samphlange engineer so I can have lots of mony"
    - Johny spends 5 years of his live (and a lot of money) on Samophlange Institute of Technology, and now he is a samophlange engineer!
    - Too bad that the need of samophlange engineers was already covered 1 year ago and now he has no job expectation. I guess he should have studied to be discombobulator engineer. What an idiot!
    Well it does sound like it's his fault for not researching time to degree vs how many jobs will realistically be available in 5 years. Translation is very popular right now and some are quick to learn like spanish (and fun)

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Is this image, actually real? :O
    Yeah, pretty real.

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, pretty real.
    Gotta be honest, I am stunned. And they posted this on Social Media?

    Absolutely no way they come out looking like anything less than a bunch of jerk-off frat boys. I mean, I could at least understand if that were the case, but these guys are heads of a multi-million dollar company. You kind of have to show some restraint in anything that could misrepresent the company in any way.

    Just...wow.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well it does sound like it's his fault for not researching time to degree vs how many jobs will realistically be available in 5 years. Translation is very popular right now and some are quick to learn like spanish (and fun)
    There is absolutely no way to predict whether or not a degree you are going for will suddenly become useless. So your comment about not researching how many jobs will be available in the next 5 years is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Gotta be honest, I am stunned. And they posted this on Social Media?

    Absolutely no way they come out looking like anything less than a bunch of jerk-off frat boys. I mean, I could at least understand if that were the case, but these guys are heads of a multi-million dollar company. You kind of have to show some restraint in anything that could misrepresent the company in any way.

    Just...wow.
    I actually thought it was a meme. Speechless.

  6. #906
    [*]Personnel Changes. We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated.
    So... Bobby’s firing himself?

    Seems sus.

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is absolutely no way to predict whether or not a degree you are going for will suddenly become useless. So your comment about not researching how many jobs will be available in the next 5 years is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.
    I did just laugh when I read that comment, because if you could predict the job market that accurately, you would basically be able to sell that information for millions, especially to the education boards.

    A very asinine thing indeed to say.

  8. #908
    It's hard to take this seriously knowing Kotick didn't write a single word of that letter himself and he's chilling somewhere with his obscene amount of wealth.

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Bill Cosby was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting women, many of which claimed he raped them. The charges that were pursued were the ones easier to prove in a court of law, risking no conviction if they try and push rape charges, with there totaling around 60 accusers who are victims of rape and sexual assault (facilitated by Cosby drugging them). Anyone who believes that Bill Cosby is not a rapist at this point is an idiot.
    I fail to see what this has to do with my post.

  10. #910
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,165
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is absolutely no way to predict whether or not a degree you are going for will suddenly become useless. So your comment about not researching how many jobs will be available in the next 5 years is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.
    Yes there is. Look at jobs that have needed people for decades and still do.

  11. #911
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes there is. Look at jobs that have needed people for decades and still do.
    No there really really isn't. The job market is constantly changing. Example, when my best friend was going for a graphic design degree there were jobs everywhere needing graphic designers. The market abruptly changed the year he got his degree and those jobs vanished. It took him 5 years to find a graphic design job. So no. It is absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a degree will become useless or not because the job market can change at the drop of a hat.

  12. #912
    Warchief Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    I fail to see what this has to do with my post.
    Given that some people in the thread seem to think that Cosby isn't a rapist, and you seem to be on the wavelength of "disbelieve and shame" towards women who came forward with accusations, you're going to need to be more clear in what you consider a leap in logic rather than being intentionally ambiguous. What part of the statement confused you?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  13. #913
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No there really really isn't. The job market is constantly changing. Example, when my best friend was going for a graphic design degree there were jobs everywhere needing graphic designers. The market abruptly changed the year he got his degree and those jobs vanished. It took him 5 years to find a graphic design job. So no. It is absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a degree will become useless or not because the job market can change at the drop of a hat.
    well you failed to be psychic or predict the future so yes you still have no one to blame but yourself! /s

  14. #914
    Here's a funny picture of the "Frat Brat" in the "Cosby Suite" https://twitter.com/SeeltasGaming/st...477268481?s=20


  15. #915
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes there is. Look at jobs that have needed people for decades and still do.
    Tbf, that's not "Predicting the job market", that's saying something like "We will always need nurses!" and studying as a Nurse.

    Kinda different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Here's a funny picture of the "Frat Brat" in the "Cosby Suite" https://twitter.com/SeeltasGaming/st...477268481?s=20

    Looks like it was deleted or removed.

  16. #916
    The fact alone that they named the chat Blizzcon Cosby Crew is more than slightly disturbing...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Tbf, that's not "Predicting the job market", that's saying something like "We will always need nurses!" and studying as a Nurse.

    Kinda different.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Looks like it was deleted or removed.
    It's still there. I can see it


  17. #917
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hey idiot, I refer you to post #708.
    wtf does "Yeah, there's a difference between far left activists and left of center liberals. But i mean, state of the western game industry speaks for itself - the far left are bad at making games /shrug"

    have to do with anything?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Or a mix of both. It needs to be studied case by case.
    I'm gonna give you an example: Most swimmers are whites, while most runners are black. And it's not a racism thing, it's because physically each one is better on each thing.
    Another example: the most dangerous and hard works are occupied by men. Are they women excluded from those jobs by their genitals? Or maybe because they require a level of resistance and strenght that most women can sustain (miners, fishermen, etc)
    Another one: most high executives are men, because the job requires time that most women don't want to sacrifice because that means they can't form a family and raise their children (men can have children at old age, but women are only fertile until certain age). We can talk about no job should mean to sacrifice your life and if there's too a predilection to pick men first, but as you see there are more factors.
    This happens too when the employer suspects that a woman could get pregnant, so she would have to leave to give birth. The solutions isn't to have a 50% quota, but to have both parents take FORCED paternity leave like some countries have.

    We shouldn't automatically imply that there's not equality of opportunity each time we don't see equiality of results.
    We're not generally talking about jobs where physical differences actually matter. So, these examples are moot

  18. #918
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

    It's still there. I can see it
    Yeh, just popped up for me now. Might have been overloaded with people sharing/viewing perhaps *shrug*.

  19. #919
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Shame your humility is not up there as well.

    You asked for a logical reason as to why the majority of people who are the best for a specific job might be predominantly white males. I gave you a possible logical reason, that is very likely to be true for game development and IT in general.

    If you disagree feel free to explain why, but considering we're not even discussing a particular case, unless you know the expected values and that they discredit the logical reason I described, they're irrelevant.
    I literally did explain but it was too high level for you apparently. I'm talking if the best are disproportionally white. As in, they don't have the same representation as they do in the applicant pool or available job market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Not in today's society, where discrimination and racism against groups perceived as "having a pretty good time already" is considered not only acceptable but encouraged and endorsed.
    Even in this thread we had people that, upon being reminded that ALL people should be free from racial discrimination, reacted with "Ooh booh look at the whitey afraid of losing power".
    Wrong. No one doing these efforts correctly is encouraging any discrimination against anyone.

  20. #920
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Given that some people in the thread seem to think that Cosby isn't a rapist, and you seem to be on the wavelength of "disbelieve and shame" towards women who came forward with accusations, you're going to need to be more clear in what you consider a leap in logic rather than being intentionally ambiguous. What part of the statement confused you?
    "Disbelieve and shame" is entirely your fabrication.
    Doubt and investigate is what I've said, always said, on no uncertain terms.
    You're a liar, and your attempt at conflating Cosby with Blizzard so you can go painting anyone who even remotely sides with the second as supporting the first shows your incredible levels of bad faith.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Wrong. No one doing these efforts correctly is encouraging any discrimination against anyone.
    You're starting to sound awfully close to the "that wasn't real communism" folks here.
    If everytime this stuff is put into practice the results are the same - legalized racial discrimination - then that *is* the correct application of the term and not your more utopistic version that never comes to practice in reality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •