Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ...
5
45
53
54
55
  1. #1081
    This rings so hollow when a similar issue got swept under the rug in 2010. It took 11 years and a blow up for him to actually do anything - which is clearly reactionary. I wonder if he harassed someone since then and if they'll come to light if so.

    I mean we'll take it no matter what - if they genuinely clean house despite the fact Bobby is up top and a known sexual harasser.

  2. #1082
    We will be creating safe spaces
    I can see this riling up a certain demographic of WoW player, GOOD!

  3. #1083
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Are you dumb? California REQUIRES WITHOUT merit, meaning they have to put someone less qualified based solely on the principle that they are non-white, non-male.
    In what way does this say I do not believe females don't hold these roles? The law it's self is racist.
    California got a law for private entities to not hire any white men if there are other candidates? Got a link for that?

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    We're not generally talking about jobs where physical differences actually matter. So, these examples are moot
    Well, while we all technically the same intellectually, our socio-economic raising have a toll in how we work.
    A person raised on a wealthy family is more prone to take risks than one raised on a poor home (because he knows that failing doesn't imply end in street beging for food). That makes that people have an advantage on executive and stock market jobs.
    Also women tend to get social and humanitarian jobs while men do the same with technological jobs. While we can suspect that there's social pressure (and in some cases it's true), there are several studies that confirm that when being able to choose freely (if I'm correct Spain, Norway and Finland were the prominent examples) it even exacerbated it (for example, here in Spain, in a matter of a few decades, the healthcare system moved from being male dominated to being completely being female dominated).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    You're just going to be willfully ignorant because of you being racist. You're go against anything anyone says contradicting your baseless belief that those advocating for DEI efforts are actually pushing discrimination against white men.

    Just stop being racist.
    - The possitive (racial) discrimination is good
    - Well, I'm not sure about that. Wouldn't it be better not looking at race at all?
    - Shut up, racist!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    If everyone is in on it and it is accepted by all involved then I see no issue. Most of these cases are something that is 7-10 years old, why not bring them up at the time if its that big of a deal?
    Maybe at the time they didn't surface, or the shame didn't allow the victim to say anything. Or maybe they were a few cases that were piling over the years and not something that happens everyday all around the office.

    Remember, it's a few people on companies with thousands of employees. The most probable thing is that almost noone was aware of the things that happened.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Then I guess find a new industry most employers in a lot of fiends don't give 2 shits about what your college degree or past work experience is as long as you are willing to learn and work hard they will hire almost anyone, I know I don't look at anything other than if you can do what I ask of you when hiring.
    A sad thing that the world doesn't work like that. For example, if you're over 50 it's almost impossible to change career, as in no employer would take an old person learning a new job while they can pick a young one with studies on the field, that can be paid much less and would not fight for his rights like an older person would.

  5. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Are you dumb? California REQUIRES WITHOUT merit, meaning they have to put someone less qualified based solely on the principle that they are non-white, non-male.
    In what way does this say I do not believe females don't hold these roles? The law it's self is racist.
    Where does it say without merit in that law? Can you quote it please?

    and what does it have to do with race? lmao

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Well, while we all technically the same intellectually, our socio-economic raising have a toll in how we work.
    A person raised on a wealthy family is more prone to take risks than one raised on a poor home (because he knows that failing doesn't imply end in street beging for food). That makes that people have an advantage on executive and stock market jobs.
    Also women tend to get social and humanitarian jobs while men do the same with technological jobs. While we can suspect that there's social pressure (and in some cases it's true), there are several studies that confirm that when being able to choose freely (if I'm correct Spain, Norway and Finland were the prominent examples) it even exacerbated it (for example, here in Spain, in a matter of a few decades, the healthcare system moved from being male dominated to being completely being female dominated).

    - - - Updated - - -



    - The possitive (racial) discrimination is good
    - Well, I'm not sure about that. Wouldn't it be better not looking at race at all?
    - Shut up, racist!
    You literally just did what I described people doing. No one doing this correctly is advocating for any sort of discrimination, "positive" or whatever you describe. You're literally quoting me already calling people out for mischaracterizing these efforts that way and then continue to mischaracterize it yourself.

    You're going to have to provide sources for those studies because everything I've ever seen shows the exact opposite. The US is fairly unique in that women tend to have more freedom in choosing their career path than many other places in the world yet they continue to cave to societal pressures that 100% still exist that prevent them from ever going into certain careers or push them out of it because of the very sexist culture within them.

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    You literally just did what I described people doing. No one doing this correctly is advocating for any sort of discrimination, "positive" or whatever you describe. You're literally quoting me already calling people out for mischaracterizing these efforts that way and then continue to mischaracterize it yourself.

    You're going to have to provide sources for those studies because everything I've ever seen shows the exact opposite. The US is fairly unique in that women tend to have more freedom in choosing their career path than many other places in the world yet they continue to cave to societal pressures that 100% still exist that prevent them from ever going into certain careers or push them out of it because of the very sexist culture within them.
    The mere moment you look at the race to factor in if that person must have some sort of different treatment, you're being racist.


    About the studies, this is the most recent and complete: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...rnalCode=pssa&
    It's under a paywall, I read several articles about it, but I couldn't find an english one on a quick search, but I link you one just in case:
    https://www.xataka.com/investigacion...s-y-tecnologia

  7. #1087
    This is really unfortunate but not surprising at the same time. 95% Companies around the world wether that be gaming or not all have what blizzard did except they have been exposed yet. All those MMOs who've seen WoW reign for some time is beginning to crumble at a fast rate, Basically what i'm saying this will more than likely spell the end of Blizzard with medicore games. As fucked up as this sounds, their only survival is to make an overly ambitious expansion but it wont happen lol.

    Another thing is that cancel culture isn't a real thing. Blizzard isn't going to get cancel and will still continue. But god dammit, Method's "exposing" plague has infected Blizzard which is a good thing.

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Yeah, sexual assault = someone said something mean to someone.

    This is what people mean by privilege. You have the privilege of never having experienced something like this directly. But instead of empathising with people as a result of your privilege, you bask in the ignorance you’ve fostered as a result of it.

    What a stand up guy.
    If full blown Rape happened then I totally side with the victims in the cases, I do not however buy into placing blame until someone has been proven guilty which you are not until you have been found so by a jury of your peers, not in the court of public opinion. The issue with all these allegations in this case and most others is that the media runs wild with every story and blows it up before it goes to trial or is settled, it would be best if media didn't report on these cases until after a verdict or settlement has been reached. As it stands now like most things that used to mean something is that Sexual Assault does not mean what it used to mean or actually means people have watered it down to encompass Rape all the way down to I felt bad after having sex and now I am going to say I was raped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •