Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ActiBlizz's initial reply to this case really encapsulates the problem in that company, and it's nothing that will change overnight. Whoever thought that statement was a good idea, whoever WROTE it... there's a real disconnect there. Taking the opportunity to not only heavily imply "all's fine here, we don't have issues" but also take a political pot shot at the state of California... "tone deaf" doesn't sum it up. Fran doubling down on that, feeling she, being 3 or 4 months in to employment here, actually has a place to speak about what's been happening... typical C-level overlords being high on their own supply.

And despite all the good people working there... it'll forever be run by leaders who are more about the Company's bottom line than anything else. They'll be more worried about shareholders and the game will suffer. The design goals will continue to focus around pumping players for their subscription money and keep operating costs down by stretching QA and Support staff too thin.

But hey, they'll make safe spaces. At least that's progress for where the workers putting in the time every day don't feel like they're completely in corporate hell.

5+ Year Old Account
    What content is inappropriate that they will remove it? I’m curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What content is inappropriate that they will remove it? I’m curious.
    The whole game... hope youre ready for cata 2.0

Identity > merits, right?

Obviously it's very well thought to benefit Activision in the end, but the man definitely says all the right things. Now hopefully these changes actually do go through, which is possible, as they might be forced by the current situation to do all that. Time will tell
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

So Blizzard is going to purge WoW from any image a small group of Twitter complainers finds offensive or too sexy. Images that have been there for over a decade.

I can’t believe prudishness has returned on this scale, especially considering the effort the western world has gone through in the seventies and eighties to personally liberate themselves.. and all that in a freaking video game.

Welcome back to the world of censoring, chastity and shaming.

What content is considered to be 'inappropriate' and set to be removed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they mean just related stuff to afrisiabi or w/e his name is spelled.

The skimpy mogs and models should be safe, else someone would really need to link some of the armor from FFXIV to people that say content are too over sexualized >.>

Like, really? gore and blood and decapitating/mutilating/impaling is fine, but showing skin is shame shame shame? top kek indeed.

But if they are going to change the models...for the love of god, goddess, whatever, FIX THE NIGHTBORNE male and female faces to at least resemble the suramar npcs.

Oh, and more animated hair instead of being glued to the character back.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    He definitely cares, about the money. ATVI stock nearly a 7% hit over this today, which goes to show that money is the only way to get Kotick to pretend to give a shit about anything.
    It's like, those big companies, only care about money and not any other feedback... Strange.

Want them to listen and change? Hit them in their wallet and not "feedback" while still paying sub and buying items from shop folks.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    diverse in what way exactly?

people just throw that word around without being specific.

If all the people are qualified what difference does it make whether they are "diverse" or not?
    Well, people throw around that having a diverse workforce in itself is a strength, true, but if you're filling positions with unqualified individuals just to tick that "diverse" box, then you're not setting yourself up for success.

I worked at a financial firm in the past that stressed diversity above everything else, and it was a frequent significant topic during monthly/quarterly/yearly executive meetings. You could see what was happening because all it stressed in its culture was diversity and nothing else. And the company is now imploding and I am years removed from that now burning ship.

Quote Originally Posted by ExCiZieR View Post
    All he cares about is stockmarket and our wallets. Resign. Not now, yesterday.
    The only thing could save WoW at this point, is its own ARR.
    Why was the word company spelled multiple times with a capital C? This sort of read like a PR firm or lawyer written letter. But good thing they removed some NPCs from the game, that will fix the culture internally that Bobby, and others, let run rampant.

Lmao this is too damn funny..

A 'Woke' state suing a 'Woke' company..

It was only a matter of time before they turned on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Why is that sad? And don't say it's "censoring"...
    I'm not gonna say its sad, but it is stupid. Instead they should have put his character in stormwind prison as 'neutral' so everyone who wants could kill him. And also provide no explanation, so that people who curious enough can google who and why, and learn the story behind all of it.

With solution to simply replace him, they just made sure that the next generation of players will know nothing and then, as usual, history could repeat itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Where is our paid time off for not getting any development on the product we paid for?
    You never knew you can cancel the sub, right?

Quote Originally Posted by oleander View Post
    I can’t believe prudishness has returned on this scale, especially considering the effort the western world has gone through in the seventies and eighties to personally liberate themselves.. and all that in a freaking video game.
    We are in the 1940-1950 cycle. If we are lucky, we go again into 1960 => 1970 liberation phases in society.

But who knows, social media with its global reach and extrem high speed is able to suffocate a lot of changes.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Not sure, if you are trolling or not, but one of the complaint listed in the lawsuit is that women were not promoted(even when better qualified than the other candidates) and lacked any real presence in leadership.
    And that said who? Those exact women that were not promoted? Are you sure that they indeed are better qualified, or they might be just jealous that they didn't get promoted because of skill reasons, and now cover this with discrimination stuff? This thought didn't occur in you head, did it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oleander View Post
    So Blizzard is going to purge WoW from any image a small group of Twitter complainers finds offensive or too sexy. Images that have been there for over a decade.

Welcome back to the world of censoring, chastity and shaming.
    What the hell are you talking about? They have a completely messed to company culture with women being systematically put down. It's incredibly bad. This has nothing to do with censoring. It's preventing the name of a sexual harassment champion to pop up everywhere and to reflect a positive attitude about women in-game.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    We are in the 1940-1950 cycle. If we are lucky, we go again into 1960 => 1970 liberation phases in society.

But who knows, social media with its global reach and extrem high speed is able to suffocate a lot of changes.
    It's so sad there are people who consider sexual harassment and discriminating against minorities "liberation". Hopefully there will be less and less people like you in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? They have a completely messed to company culture with women being systematically put down. It's incredibly bad. This has nothing to do with censoring. It's preventing the name of a sexual harassment champion to pop up everywhere and to reflect a positive attitude about women in-game.
    These posts are coming from people with similar 'values' as the perpetrators of sexual harassment at Blizzard
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quality won't matter anymore... equality will... They started doing this couple of years ago and it shows.

Tbh I don't really care all that much if he cares or not but considering it took 5 official responses for it to be taken seriously and it had to come from the guy at the top of the food chain, I'd say it was the inevitable result that all the pandering PR bullshit didn't work, as expected. That is pretty sad.

And who the fuck needs a law firm to assess whether or not your work spaces function on the basis of common human decency? That's also pathetic.