Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Haha, you stupid people, incels are not dangerous at all, you're just afraid of shadows!

Meanwhile in the real world: https://www.thelantern.com/2021/07/o...ential-target/

There is a reason for this categorization, and a part of this category IS very dangerous.
    Like another poster said: you're helping to make the incel's case for them.

You're aware that this isn't some people screeching on twitter, but the state of california opening a case after blizzard had been reprimaneded 2 years prior and didn't change?

Yeah sure, just some twitter wokeristas.

I don't like them myself, but that doesn't mean discrimination doesn't exist.
    A case without a conviction isnt worth much outside weaponizing it as its done right now.

It's "funny" you compare it to the blizzard situation where hundreds of current and ex employees come out to tell their stories.
    Stories are not proof. They are... stories. It's even in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Being a chauvanistic abuser who blames women for not giving them sex that they feel entitled to isn't a "viewpoint" no matter how hard you try to legitimize it, and you're goddamned right I'll demean anyone who denigrates or feels ownership over women. But hey, you go on defending monstrous behavior...you're doing a very effective job of demonstrating precisely the kind of person you are, and all I can say is I'm grateful I'll never have to work with anyone remotely like you, as my workplace has zero tolerance for misogynistic assholes.

As to your second point, women are not complicit as bystanders if they were (as the lawsuit claims, and as dozens of testimonies corroborate) pressured or threatened into silence by male staff and HR personnel whose sole interest was in preserving Blizzard's reputation.
    Who claims to own females though? I'm genuinely curious.

Well, we can attack strawmans, or take a look at what they're actually removing:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/referen...arcraft-323588

You really think they can just with the snap of a finger remove half the armor models? This is about this one person who has dozens of references in the game, which are now purged.

- - - Updated - - -

Moving goalposts much? I linked you an article why this mindset is dangerous with a current case.

You invent some bogus claim, and when called out on it you move the goalposts to: well you have one example, but i demand 5!

So, lets get you a whole list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel#...s_and_violence

I'm waiting anxious how the goalposts will be moved now.
    No, I'm saying one example isn't exactly proof of an incel murdering pandemic. Also, weren't we talking about incels? Isn't that meant to be a self-identifying phrase? Then why is one of the first examples a guy who did it before incel was even a term? I get it's the same mechanism here, but if you're arguing against the incel collective as a community that shares values, it doesn't suit to have a guy there who did what he did before 'incel' was an officially recognized term.

There's also a few cases here where the media claims incelhood and it's disputed by different sources. Also, from personal experience, the media does like to ring that particular bell. Like that time there was a supposed incel shooter but his manifesto indicated he was a delusional leftist eco-terrorist instead.

Regardless, I appreciate you for genuinely "getting 5 examples," but it wasn't exactly the point of my post. You have to have more than a handful of cases in order to consider it a major threat or pandemic. That's not to minimize murders, but making sweeping statements about a massive threat requires more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Oh no, not platekinis...
    I suspect that might be part of it. Though the appropriate call here would be to give men more platekinis. The reason for this is that there are still female players who like their platekinis and depriving them of their choice is merely chastening women. Doing this in the context of sexual harassment on the workfloor can even be construed as 'but what were you wearing?' victim-blaming.

Lol, you tried. Base psychological tactics that boil down to "YOU DON"T KNOW ME!" were passe two decades ago when online forums were still in their infancy. Now? They're well beyond tired, and absolutely no one is going to fall for such vacuous tactics.

Your words on this forum tonight make it blatantly clear that you support a culture of denigration against women while simultaneously advocating in favor of those who use sexual frustration to justify abhorrent behaviors and misogynistic speech. You're not crawling away from that, no matter how hard you try.

People like you are why workplace harassment against women is still widely tolerated in the gaming industry. Unfortunately for you, that is changing, and the harder you try to push your obsolescent hatref towards women/feminists/whatever you rage about next, the more you'll find that the refuge afforded to those like you is rapidly shrinking.
    Well, it appears you really have no way to engage and argue with what somebody is saying (par for the course, really) and are indeed setting fire to different sets of strawman. I wish you luck in your efforts, but I'm not going to humor you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, I'm saying one example isn't exactly proof of an incel murdering pandemic.
    Massive cringe warning:

Sure, I guess hundreds of people just made up "stories" and came forward with them to risk their jobs at one of the most powerful industry companies in existence.
    And the court will determine how much weight their "stories" hold. You cool with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Massive cringe warning:

Is that a new one? I watched a lot of these videos and some of the shit you see there is appalling in either how insane it is, or how uncontrollably cringy it is. It would be funny if you took away the context that these people are murderers or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga234 View Post
    Stories are not proof. They are... stories. It's even in the name.
    Ah, now i get what you wanted with the irony comment. Sorry, but you still didn't get your gotcha.

Would be so if i would have ever stated that it is a fact Blizzard is discrimatory. Never did that, as this is the part of the courts. Do i believe it to be true? Probably, judging by what i'm hearing.

What i never did: Stated that this is fact.

So if some random says: "it is a fact that men are the most discrimanted group in the west" - yes, i want sources, and don't see any irony.

Gotta love someone who complains about "moving the goalposts" and then IMMEDIATELY does precisely that. You asked for 5 examples and were given them, and just as that poster predicted, you subsequently changed your tune and said "nah that's not enough."

Your hypocricy is simultaneously so transparent and strong that I would reccomend you get in touch with NASA to see if they'd be interested in using it for their shuttle windows.

Jokes aside...fuck off. You're derailing the thread and it's lost its novelty. Back under the bridge you go!
    Please stop replying to me. I have no interest in engaging with your barely lucid drivel. I explained my point that I wasn't looking for literally 1, or literally 5, or literally 10 cases to the poster and why. It's not for you to make a judgment on or draw a conclusion from. Shoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, then I should hurry asap to kick Fras Siabi's ass in old Strat one last time - for all the damage this story did to the game in present. Before he gets changed.

Yesterday tried to solo Strat on my ret in TBC classic. Went not bad, but I tried the humans for orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Who claims to own females though? I'm genuinely curious.
    This combo of your profile pic and question makes me thing being a company owner is a lot like being a warlock. Instead of mana you use money to bind these souls to your bidding and a lot of them arent that far from zombies especially during crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    This combo of your profile pic and question makes me thing being a company owner is a lot like being a warlock. Instead of mana you use money to bind these souls to your bidding and a lot of them arent that far from zombies especially during crunch.
    Warlocks are a respectable lot! You know, when they aren't using souls to produce flames to cook their food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, I'm saying one example isn't exactly proof of an incel murdering pandemic. Also, weren't we talking about incels? Isn't that meant to be a self-identifying phrase? Then why is one of the first examples a guy who did it before incel was even a term? I get it's the same mechanism here, but if you're arguing against the incel collective as a community that shares values, it doesn't suit to have a guy there who did what he did before 'incel' was an officially recognized term.

There's also a few cases here where the media claims incelhood and it's disputed by different sources. Also, from personal experience, the media does like to ring that particular bell. Like that time there was a supposed incel shooter but his manifesto indicated he was a delusional leftist eco-terrorist instead.

Regardless, I appreciate you for genuinely "getting 5 examples," but it wasn't exactly the point of my post. You have to have more than a handful of cases in order to consider it a major threat or pandemic. That's not to minimize murders, but making sweeping statements about a massive threat requires more than that.
    Did i claim it's a massive pandemic? No, you either must mix me up with someone else, or you're again moving goalposts.

Oh, nevermind, you already did that: "I demanded 5 examples, got more, now i'm demaning MORE examples"

You claimed incels is only some derogatory term, and they aren't dangerous - i provide you with examples and you start with some pandemic shit?

I think we're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tbh white males are the most discriminated group in US and EU atm indeed.

which is kinda funny

which is also the reason asia is taking over world as they dont waste time on woke nonsense.
    LOL, you have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about. That feeling of entitlement is what is bringing society down.

What exactly might happen in-game now? Are they gonna hit sexy transmogs? Cause that has nothing to do with anything, yet I keep hearing this nonsense. We got kul-tiran females, and it was my main last season. Everything about them was good, except that fugly face of theirs, had to hide everything behind a helmet.

Rofl. Absolutely. I'm betting you won't be though, and you'll scream about how it was all rigged by the communist lefties that run California or somesuch nonsense.
    Ok, I'm done with you fuckhead.

On the topic of the lawsuit. While it's clear some people are using it as an opportunity to latch on with trivial stories of that one time they were offered a promotion but asked to be less "bossy" and that was totally heckin patriarchal, this kind of lawsuit doesn't just spring out of nowhere. 2 years of investigation and an absurd amount of stories. Even if it's California, that just doesn't happen for no reason, especially when it comes from the state itself.

Try to filter the microaggression bullshit from dangerhairs on Twitter and look through to the various actual harassment and abuse cases, which are abhorrent. The existence of the former doesn't discredit the latter.