Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Glad Bobby got my email about the Vulpera.
    This is the first reply I’ve read since signing up here and I am not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    How many statements did they make already lol I see one every single day now... nobody cares about your well written bs statements. Just stfu and show some results cause actions speak louder than words.
    The statement this thread is about is showing some of the results that they are working towards. There’s also been previous statements about changing things in game. Are you even reading the statements you’re complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    How many statements did they make already lol I see one every single day now... nobody cares about your well written bs statements. Just stfu and show some results cause actions speak louder than words.
    But this is results and its not done yet but its atleast a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Haha, you stupid people, incels are not dangerous at all, you're just afraid of shadows!

Meanwhile in the real world: https://www.thelantern.com/2021/07/o...ential-target/

There is a reason for this categorization, and a part of this category IS very dangerous.
    You do realise that the demeaning attitude and ostracisation of them is increasing the risk of this.
    There's no reason to use it as its currently used except for self masturbation. But in the end it just creates more victims.

Empathy and sympathy is what's needed for almost anyone that's troubled. Because they probably have lacked it which turns them into desperate people.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

Clown world.
    If only we had more people on the right side of politics, right?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As expected, problematic stuff is Afrasiabi stuff. With how many things are named after employees, I'm sure many other offenders are commemorated but since those haven't been named, they can stay. And so can 'stalker' LOL.
    I'm pretty sure their naming policies will change in the future, not the first time they had to change stuff.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

"Diversity hires" are the last thing Blizzard needs to improve their product; Blizzard needs quality hires, even if 100% of them are from one group. Basic human decency should be a complementary trait that needs no mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If only we had more people on the right side of politics, right?
    This right here is actually pretty funny. Like show me one western country with leftist government, there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    This right here is actually pretty funny. Like show me one western country with leftist government, there is none.
    That is why people in the West, mainly the US, think that being a leftist is about defunding the police, diversity or whatever other modern buzzword comes to mind. They never knew what leftist politics are because they never had the chance to witness them and are therefor clueless when it comes to reckognizing them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So.... less based on merit, more on "diverse" skintones and what's between their legs? Am I reading this correctly?
    As if their current practices are based on "merit". Don't be so naive. This is exactly why they're being investigated in the first place. Women and other minorities have been passed up for promotions and raises or being hired into new positions in favor of "the boys" (AKA the pals and buddies of the ones in a hiring position). In this case, "diverse candidates" just means everyone will actually be considered and have a fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Your orginal post espoused some views that came off as a bit chauvanistic,..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    ... on why the intial statement you presented came off as denigrating,..
    Dude,.. I literally don't know with whom do you think you're talking. I haven't said a word about women in this or any other thread.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2021-07-28 at 01:30 PM. Reason: too much quoting

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. Lefties have now decided that being "color blind" is bad and horrible and racist, and we must instead judge people based on the color of their skin.

Clown world.
    You're not judging people based on the color of their skin, you're acknowledging that they've been historically and systemically fucked over. Being "color blind" means you ignore all the struggles that they've had to go through, and their parents, and their grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Dude,.. I literally don't know with whom do you think you're talking. I haven't said a word about women in this or any other thread.
    Give it a rest. He throws the same buzzwords at anyone who even mildly disagrees with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That is why people in the West, mainly the US, think that being a leftist is about defunding the police, diversity or whatever other modern buzzword comes to mind. They never knew what leftist politics are because they never had the chance to witness them and are therefor clueless when it comes to reckognizing them.
    Exactly. Also the two party system of US is laughable since they are both right wing, especially economics wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Aaahh, and there we have it: "The remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination".
    I see what kind of.... books you've been reading here.

Sorry, no.
    Racial discrimination is never okay, I don't care what sort of holy reasoning about "empowering minorities" you give yourself to justify racist practices against the colors you don't like.
    The guy of your example deserved a fair shot at getting hired equal to anybody else, not a tie-breaker based on skincolor. That's heinously wrong.
    ???? Except being a minority comes with having a different perspective on things, a potentially beneficial trait over just being more of the same that the company already has a ton of. Here, read this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't know, man. I'll use gender for the sake of argument because we actually have those numbers: if you have a man and a woman with identical qualifications (which is a bit unlikely, but okay), but 80% of your work force is male (which is the case at Blizzard), then you might argue that being a woman is a unique asset that she has over the man, because she can offer unique insights and perspectives that aren't well represented within the current workplace.

That argument applies to any underrepresented demographic. If 80% of your work force is under 30 and you have a candidate that's 60, they should be given the same sort of consideration.

Having a diversity of ideas and perspectives is the strength of trying to mirror the diversity of society in your own work force, especially when it comes to a creative industry. And especially if you're making a game for a diverse audience.
    This right here is exactly why it's important to keep workforces diverse. When you have a homogenous mono-culture (also known on the internet as an "echo chamber"), things that are produced may not fully represent your audience the way you would like. There will absolutely be large groups of people (known as minorities) who have their culture and interests ignored by your product in favor of the mono-culture. And you know what? That's not the mono-cultures fault, because they don't have any other experiences to pull from. That's why you inject them with people who DO have other experiences, so that the product you create is that much more complex and rich, and can reach a much wider audience of people.

I love when the world crumbles around predatory men in power

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Why are people even engaging Lobosan? He just wants to be right, and he wants war. It has nothing to do with the case in hand. Please all do yourself a favor and block him, its sad how you keep feeding him
    Pretty much this. Just stop feeding troll and he will starve out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    Who the fuck cares about diversity hires and [race] [sexuality] [gender] the problem is that a shit load of people in your company were sexual predators, I'm sure when it all comes out we'll find that the "diverse" crowd were doing it aswell, the problem is your company is filled with predators of all shapes and sizes, how does just randomly hiring more black people or gay people remedy that? why the fuck are companies so quick to jump to the "WE'LL HIRE BLACK PEOPLE THAT'LL FIX IT" when something comes up, it's actually insulting as fuck.
    It's common in propaganda: the other is always bad, you're always good.
    Now the trend is white male -> bad, the rest -> always good no matter what.
    All the bad in the world is because males are in positions of power, if females were in positions of power there would be no wars, no conflict. It would be paradise.
    All the racism is from white people to the rest, ALWAYS. Although you can go to Japan and see what is probably THE MOST racist and xenophobic society in the world. Or you how in Africa black people had also white slaves. That's forgetting that Africa was the main source of slaves because their own people was enslaving and selling people (mostly people from other tribes).

The worst thing is that this trend of "minorities are beings of Light" is permeating on the soceity without people noticing that's also racism/xenophobia/sexism, because it's still attributing certain qualities to the people depending of their skin color/origin/sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to be treated respectfully. Why must this even be stated?
    Because for everybody to be treated respectfully and in the same way, people with clear advantages in life have to give up some of them. It is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I’m assuming you called Tolkien woke because Aragorn ushered in an era of peace and handed the reins over to Eldarion who continued said peace, right? OMG SO WOKE, U GUYS LOVE PEACE. I LOVE WAR!
    Man, irony is really lost on you...

You know that whooshing sound you had when you read my post? Right.