Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm don't want to talk about statistics with you because you'd probably end up calling me a racist or whatever whenever faced with facts.
    Trust me, I don't want to talk about statistics with you either because you clearly know very little if anything about it.

This is complete BS and nothing but virtue signaling to pander to a select few. With exception to "personal changes" anyways. But we'll have to really see what that actually means. In-game changes is talking about removing a NPC because the dude ended up fondling women. That's why I'm saying all this BS is virtual signaling. How about you give some of that 100 million to work on the game that people pay for. They pay you for a service that you are NOT providing. And for the developers to turn this around on gamers, there's a special place in hell. Stop projecting. Stop fondling the men and women you work with, and start caring for the game you work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You seem to have a very stong opinions on people you know very little or nothing about.
    And again, a company that has verifiably treated women badly, paid women less and housed sexual predators, suddenly treated them fairly.

You are on the corner of literal sexual predators, verifiable predators. Not going to tell you what to do, but that does not seem like a good thing.
    No, I just know people, people who have worked. In fact, we had a harassment complaint half a year ago. It was hilarious, a guy with a wife and kids hooked up with a female coworker, since he obviously had no intention of ditching the wife and kids, the moment it was over the whole thing somehow became sexual harresment. Which is funny cause the female worker actively showe every other female coworker the dick pics the guy sent her. After HR turned down her ridiculous claims which everyone knew were made up. She started a whole tirade of shit talking the company how it's against women and it's all about men. Which is really interesting since the manager of the entire workplace is a women. The shipping planer that's leading logistics is a women, one of our Team leaders is a woman.
    This person was an incompetent worker who went on a 2 month sick vacation and came back last week to resign. But in her deluded mind it's all about pushing down women. The whole company was sexist against her etc etc...
    And that's just 1 of my female coworkers.
    TLDR drop the believe all wahmen shit, they are people. And people are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    He fosters and encourages the "us VS them" mentality that plagues the modern political climate. That's why. He's loud, abrasive, and divisive.
    Yeah, democrats surely don't make anything an "us vs them"

Btw if you don't vote for me you are voting FOR ORANGE EMPEROR BIGOT FASCIST TINY HANDS PUTIN TROLL CHILDREN IN CAGES

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Trust me, I don't want to talk about statistics with you either because you clearly know very little if anything about it.
    If your posts in this thread are anything to go by, then I pity anyone who has to rely on your "math" lol

I don't know how they arrived at their numbers. I would like to believe they based it on the available job market but I wasn't the one who calculated those numbers.
    That would be a remarkably convenient coincidence indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    As I said, damn 21 century snowflakes.
    Imagine unironically calling people snowflakes in 2021. What a stupid thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, education can be indoctrination. Calling something education doesn't immediately make it good or flawless.
    I wouldn't characterize actual education as indoctrination. If it's indoctrinating someone, it's not truly education. That's just semantics though. I just know when someone tells me I'm using buzzwords when I'm using words that are common in that professional field, they're likely very uneducated.

And if that's the case then that would be what the numbers tell us when we calculate expectations. That's what I said in the rest of the post that you cut off.
    Not sure if you're confusing it with some other post, I don't see anything about numbers or expectations in what I replied to:

Is there some logical reason why that would be the case? It's possible the applicants weren't a very diverse group or all of the top tier choices weren't very diverse but that indicates a problem with outreach efforts. Why are only white guys applying? That business would likely be missing out on some top tier talent if for some reason it's only white guys applying.

Unless for some reason you think white males are just better?

With that said, what exactly are the numbers at Blizzard, and the calculated expectations, then?

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Oh my fucking god, is that seriously your reason? You just described the entire government body on both sides. But HE'S the problem...just admit it, you go by red and blue and nothing else. You squawk what you're told to squawk

"muh both sides are the same!"
    "everyone does it!"

every time

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Imagine unironically calling people snowflakes in 2021. What a stupid thing to say.
    in the context of systematic sexual harassment and the death of an employee no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    When mostly white dudes apply for these positions then mostly white dudes holding these positions is evidence that there is no discrimination taking place. The demographic share of the applications needs to reflect the demographic share of the hired.
    Why are you assuming it was mostly white dudes applying? You might be right but you can't know so it's a weird assumption. You also have it backwards, the demographics of those hired should reflect the demographics of those who applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    No, I just know people, people who have worked. In fact, we had a harassment complaint half a year ago. It was hilarious, a guy with a wife and kids hooked up with a female coworker, since he obviously had no intention of ditching the wife and kids, the moment it was over the whole thing somehow became sexual harresment. Which is funny cause the female worker actively showe every other female coworker the dick pics the guy sent her. After HR turned down her ridiculous claims which everyone knew were made up. She started a whole tirade of shit talking the company how it's against women and it's all about men. Which is really interesting since the manager of the entire workplace is a women. The shipping planer that's leading logistics is a women, one of our Team leaders is a woman.
    This person was an incompetent worker who went on a 2 month sick vacation and came back last week to resign. But in her deluded mind it's all about pushing down women. The whole company was sexist against her etc etc...
    And that's just 1 of my female coworkers.
    TLDR drop the believe all wahmen shit, they are people. And people are assholes.
    So you’re basing every case of sexual harassment on one case you’ve experienced first hand. Well, I’ve only ever been racially abused by two black men in my entire life BUT I’ve had countless number of white peoples stereotype me in a negative fashion based on my race. Should I now assume that all black men are racist and all white people stereotype me negatively? Hint. NO.

I wouldn't characterize actual education as indoctrination. If it's indoctrinating someone, it's not truly education. That's just semantics though. I just know when someone tells me I'm using buzzwords when I'm using words that are common in that professional field, they're likely very uneducated.
    No, my point was more, one person can call indoctrination education. Just calling something 'education' doesn't make it virtuous in and of itself, just as calling something science doesn't make it 100% impervious to criticism or perfectly correct.

That's all. Anyone trying to indoctrinate you probably wouldn't come out and say "we're indoctrinating you," but rather "we're educating you."

The problem, if those studies are even true, is people that extend those "common" characteristics to all women and all men. This mentality is actually what makes women advancing in STEM careers so difficult. They tend to get pushed into management and aren't able to utilize their technical skills as often because of the perception that women are more into the "people" side of things.
    Or because they choose that path themselves. I've yet to see a teacher or anybody else going to a girl and telling them "NO! No, no STEM for you! You go work as a secretary, girl!".
    Yours is just a fable amongst many, but with no real adherence to reality. Women are more than encouraged and helped into getting into Stem nowadays, but they're not as much. By their own choice.

At some point you'll have to admit that you can't solve all difficult questions with "oppression!" as an answer.

Btw if you don't vote for me you are voting FOR ORANGE EMPEROR BIGOT FASCIST TINY HANDS PUTIN TROLL CHILDREN IN CAGES
    I mean he is a fucking fascist and bigot. So…the shoe clearly fits. Anyway, it’s getting off topic.

No field of work marred by forced "education" in "systemic issues" and "diversity" can be called professional.

Besides, education can be, in some places still is and largely was indoctrination. The catholic church was the educational go-to institution for "knowledge" and literacy in the medieval ages. That doesn't mean that educating people about burning others at stake and other abhorable instruments of the inquisition represent education. In other words, what you call education history may very well look back upon as indoctrination.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-28 at 04:00 PM.

"muh both sides are the same!"
    "everyone does it!"

every time
    Maybe there's truth to it. I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean he is a fucking fascist and bigot. So…the shoe clearly fits.
    Yeah, I'm glad we finally got him out, so now the kids in cages can no longer be in cages but in the far more welcoming "migrant overflow centers" that smell like roses.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's mountains of evidence that diversity, and more importantly inclusion, factually creates a better work environment. Not just in terms of the employees feeling more included and safe but literally leads to an increase in productive work.
    Maybe, but not better games as the last 15 years has showed us. I prefer an all white male dev team if it means games are better

So what I'm getting from this thread is,

hiring white person = bad
    hiring non-white person = good
    picking white person over non-white person = bad no matter what
    between two equally-skilled candidates, hiring based on skin color is good if you pick the non-white, but bad if you pick the white
    An accurate summary, yes.