Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah, there's a difference between far left activists and left of center liberals. But i mean, state of the western game industry speaks for itself - the far left are bad at making games /shrug
    I ask for causation to match this supposed correlation and all I get is:

and

but let's not forget

last, but not least!

just say your subjective opinions are the overriding reason why you think anything you don't personally like is bad.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    I don't believe this is what will happen in the slightest. Not one bit.
    You really expect me to believe that those hiring managers at Blizzard won't feel immense pressure in "showing off" the results of their diverse policy by creating a workforce of various skin-colors and thus skewing the hiring process to force that outcome, even if at the expense of merit and more "common" skintones?
    Considering analysis of such practices would highlight favoritism in EITHER direction, I imagine the only pressure they would feel is doing their best to be fair to every applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Literally lying. You said "Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted." So again, if you're against a brief mention, how would it not follow that you're against any mention?
    Hey idiot, I refer you to post #708.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing pissing me off is the devs calling the audience toxic.

YOU are PAID to work. WE pay for the product. Shut up, do your damn job or move on somewhere else. There's a lot I disagree with my boss, but she pays the bills, she owns the equipment and i keep my mouth shut and do my job im paid to do. When I have had enough, ill find something else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I ask for causation to match this supposed correlation and all I get is:

and

but let's not forget

last, but not least!

And all i ask is do you have any other explanation when a homogenous japan still makes good games, shows and movies?

And all i ask is do you have any other explanation when a homogenous japan still makes good games, shows and movies?
    that is completely subjective and the fact you have to make this a race thing is really weird? like really really bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Considering analysis of such practices would highlight favoritism in EITHER direction, I imagine the only pressure they would feel is doing their best to be fair to every applicant.
    Not in today's society, where discrimination and racism against groups perceived as "having a pretty good time already" is considered not only acceptable but encouraged and endorsed.
    Even in this thread we had people that, upon being reminded that ALL people should be free from racial discrimination, reacted with "Ooh booh look at the whitey afraid of losing power".

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Only thing pissing me off is the devs calling the audience toxic.

YOU are PAID to work. WE pay for the product. Shut up, do your damn job or move on somewhere else. There's a lot I disagree with my boss, but she pays the bills, she owns the equipment and i keep my mouth shut and do my job im paid to do. When I have had enough, ill find something else
    Plus, ultimately a game chooses to which audience it caters. If they don't want to make a game for those they find toxic, fine, you can't please everyone, but don't complain you can't get them to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    that is completely subjective and the fact you have to make this a race thing is really wired? like really really bizarre.
    Nothing, like always. Give you a hint though, actual devs are too busy making games and not just work a game company but sit on twitter screeching the new zelda isn't some landwhale trans non binary they/them freak

10+ Year Old Account
    This kotik is spineless. He should fire those pesky protesters and hire real men who would move WoW forward rather than those minorities who refuse to work and only waste my subscription money. I'm extremely disappointed with Blizzard managers. They must act quick before it's too late. This diversity plague will bury the company if nothing is done. I will cancel my subscription along with millions other players if that is not implemented as quick as possible.

Nothing, like always. Give you a hint though, actual devs are too busy making games and not just work a game company but sit on twitter screeching the new zelda isn't some landwhale trans non binary they/them freak
    right, as if Japan doesn't have it's own world-renowned brand of toxic work environment. where crunch, suicides and abusive behavior runs rampant in games, movies and anime. and again with the reactionary stuff, you really can't help but give yourself away.

this is you but bereft of any self awareness.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 05:29 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    This kotik is spineless. He should fire those pesky protesters and hire real men who would move WoW forward rather than those minorities who refuse to work and only waste my subscription money. I'm extremely disappointed with Blizzard managers. They must act quick before it's too late. This diversity plague will bury the company if nothing is done. I will cancel my subscription along with millions other players if that is not implemented as quick as possible.
    okay bye, thanks for making the community less hostile with you leaving, one less lonely man that lashes out like a child when they don't get what they want

15+ Year Old Account
    right, as if Japan doesn't have it's own world-renowned brand of toxic work environment. where crunch, suicides and abusive behavior runs rampant in games, movies and anime. and again with the reactionary stuff, really can't help but give yourself away.

this is you but bereft of any self awareness.
    Huh? But did i say it didnt have those things? Or did I just say it lacks diversity, funnily enough?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Oh look, another self proclaimed "real man".

Quote Originally Posted by Explosivo View Post
    okay bye, thanks for making the community less hostile with you leaving, one less lonely man that lashes out like a child when they don't get what they want
    You mean like a product they're paying for?
    I don't see how it helps to put any of this on the customers. They didn't create this internal shitstorm at blizzard. A paying customer has every right to feel displeased when they're not getting their money's worth.
    Fix the fucking toxic workplace, that solves the problem. None of it is on the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    read the first line and i already have to stop and call bs... kotick is literally on the record saying he wanted to make game design unfun. he WANTED this kind of atmosphere. this is what he purposefully made activision blizzard into. the only thing that's tough on him is how much less money he is going to get from trading in his stock since the stock tanked $6 today.
    Again, not what he said. People really need to stop with this dishonesty. Context is key and you obviously ignored it completely to make this BS statement.

Huh? But did i say it didnt have those things? Or did I just say it lacks diversity, funnily enough?
    which isn't inherently good in and of it's self. not to derail the topic with the inconvenient facts that japan has an incredibly xenophobic and right wing culture which NO ONE in their right mind to venerate least of all someone who doesn't even live there.

like, what the fuck does this have to do with Blizzard fostering a toxic work environment??? this is insane. this whole diatribe where we suck off Japan for how racist and sexist they are only leads me to think you're okay with it so long as they make UWU gatcha games.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 05:40 PM.

>Afrasiabi NPC removed
    >they messed up royally with the Nonamebridge NPC textures
    >still it took them one day to remove Afrasiabi's name from the game
    Kekn't.

Congratulations, Actiblizzard. You are now no better than communistic dictators of the past. They, too, anxiously tried to purge their predecessor's references from history.
    Tell me: Who The Heck Are You to do what you just did? Majority of those who screamed bloody murder in vote for Afrasiabi's quest ender NPC haven't even been around back in those days.
    But that isn't even the worst part of it all. What you did was not a solution. It was an affront. To both common sense and baseline logic. Because even if there was some abuse or harassment or abuse etc., you didn't expose and resolve the issue. Instead, you chose to keep clear out of trouble.
    You literally tried to Deny Any Relation. Relation to Afrasiabi, to this so-called 'harassment'. to anything. I'm quite certain that if you had any legislation, you would incarcerate him the moment all this crap hit the proverbial fan even before he would be officially declared guilty by a court.

By removing that NPC with whom nobody even interacts these days you tried to sweep Afrasiabi's name away from your ranks and out of the game itself. You acted upon an instinct: a reflex To Deny It Ever Happened, in any means necessary. What a coincidence: this course of action is exactly the one that many Western governments prefer to enact every now and then these days.

You are a joke. And what you did was a disgrace.

But you seem to be quite adept at embarrassing yourselves these days. So... yeah. Congratulations. Task Failed Successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You mean like a product they're paying for?
    I don't see how it helps to put any of this on the customers. They didn't create this internal shitstorm at blizzard. A paying customer has every right to feel displeased when they're not getting their money's worth.
    Fix the fucking toxic workplace, that solves the problem. None of it is on the customer.
    SDo, these entitled customers screaming at those who were victims to "get back to work" take no blame?

yeah that behavior is a part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SDo, these entitled customers screaming at those who were victims to "get back to work" take no blame?

yeah that behavior is a part of the problem.
    No, they take no blame. They pay for a product, that is where their involvement ends. This is an internal blizzard problem.
    the customers may say stupid things in anger but still, none of this is on them.