Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    which isn't inherently good in and of it's self. not to derail the topic with the inconvenient facts that japan has an incredibly xenophobic and right wing culture which NO ONE in their right mind to venerate least of all someone who doesn't even live there.

like, what the fuck does this have to do with Blizzard fostering a toxic work environment??? this is insane. this whole diatribe where we suck off Japan for how racist and sexist they are only leads me to think you're okay with it so long as they make UWU gatcha games.
    Yes they are racist, sexist and xeniphobic, and they make better games. So blizzard saying they're going to do more diversity hiring does not bode well for their games. This isn't very hard to follow dude.

But yes, being liberal, I'm ok with people being whatever they want. Be it far left or far right.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SDo, these entitled customers screaming at those who were victims to "get back to work" take no blame?
    No, because this didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes they are racist, sexist and xeniphobic, and they make better games. So blizzard saying they're going to do more diversity hiring does not bode well for their games. This isn't very hard to follow dude.
    okay, I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to take away from this interaction beyond what a strange racist you are.

But yes, being liberal, I'm ok with people being whatever they want. Be it far left or far right
    you're not a liberal. just a racist reactionary.

Yay, you just named a black person 'racist'. You win!

7+ Year Old Account
    And all i ask is do you have any other explanation when a homogenous japan still makes good games, shows and movies?
    They make just as many bad games, shows, and movies.

okay, I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to take away from this interaction beyond what a strange racist you are.

ah the everyone who disagrees with me is a racist gang.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No, they take no blame. They pay for a product, that is where their involvement ends. This is an internal blizzard problem.
    the customers may say stupid things in anger but still, none of this is on them.
    Cuustomers are literally going after victims of abuse and demand they get back to work and give them "muh content" which ultimately makes it even harder for those people to do their job. They absolutely do get part of the blame. Stop making excuses for that behavior.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-07-28 at 05:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    No, racists are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Sorry my post was too high level for you. My mention of the applicants possibly not being very diverse would be taken into consideration when calculating expected values.

How would I know about the numbers at blizzard? I don't have access to their data.
    Shame your humility is not up there as well.

You asked for a logical reason as to why the majority of people who are the best for a specific job might be predominantly white males. I gave you a possible logical reason, that is very likely to be true for game development and IT in general.

If you disagree feel free to explain why, but considering we're not even discussing a particular case, unless you know the expected values and that they discredit the logical reason I described, they're irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Yay, you just named a black person 'racist'. You win!
    Blacks can be racist too, you know. Nowhere in the definition does it say the word minority:

a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-07-28 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They make just as many bad games, shows, and movies.
    no because they are racially homogenous that and that alone means anything and everything they make is top tier quality. /s

15+ Year Old Account

I told you the definition of a reactionary is a rejection of liberalization, and I feel people are free to be racist or whatever. And i'm not racist because i don't think people should be, just that they can. You're the one being a reactionary to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    No, because this didn't happen.
    Except it did happen. It is happening on social media, hence Alex's tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    ah, the reply guy response.

7+ Year Old Account
    SDo, these entitled customers screaming at those who were victims to "get back to work" take no blame?

yeah that behavior is a part of the problem.
    No, you don't get to blame a customer for a company's internal issues when all they're doing is asking a company to work on what they're being paid for. People who attack the individual developers are in the wrong, but Blizzard, as a company, does not get to avoid criticism by hiding behind its employees or social issues. I'm unsure why people seem dead set on incentivizing companies to do so by conflating criticism of the company with criticism of whatever internal struggles are ongoing. The customer's relationship with Blizzard is purely transactional, and it is on Blizzard to make customers feel as though they are not being screwed on the transaction as their internal problems halt development that is being paid for. Again, this is not the fault of the individuals at the company, but the fault of Blizzard as a company (incl. its leadership).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I told you the definition of a reactionary is a rejection of liberalization, and I feel people are free to be racist or whatever. And i'm not racist because i don't think people should be, just that they can. You're the one being a reactionary to be honest
    which you reject liberalization in the form of diversity. thanks for doing my work for me.

Blacks can be racist too, you know. Nowhere in the definition does it say the word minority.
    Good. You just triggered my trap card. Because it was no more than a few months back that my old forum account here was permanently banned for stating that "'racism' term is NOT 'applicable-only-to-white-people'". That's fine, at least now I can report someone for the same stupid reason.
    Enjoy your stay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Good. You just triggered my trap card. Because it was no more than a few months back that my old forum account here was permanently banned for stating that "'racism' term is NOT 'applicable-only-to-white-people'". That's fine, at least now I can report someone for the same stupid reason.
    Enjoy your stay.
    Wow, so not only do you have a major inferiority complex, you just admitted that you’re ban-evading, lol

15+ Year Old Account
    which you reject liberalization in the form of diversity. thanks for doing my work for me.
    No, diversity quotas isn't a liberal ideal. You reject it in the freedom to just hire white guys, or freedom to be racist. Being obtuse isn't cute.

Cuustomers are literally going after victims of abuse and demand they get back to work and give them "muh content" which ultimately makes it even harder for those people to do their job. They absolutely do get part of the blame. Stop making excuses for that behavior.
    They did that after the fact. Blizzard fucked up, not the customers. They weren't there. You can't put that on the customer.
    In the end they will vote with their wallet. The customer isn't paying for a cause or a charity, they pay for a product.